|APPLICABILITY:||2012-2016MY Impreza 2.0L Models|
|2013-2016MY XV Crosstrek|
|2015-2016MY WRX and WRX STI|
|SUBJECT:||“Popping” Sound from Front Strut Mounts on Low Speed Turns|
This bulletin announces a design change to the front strut mounts intended to address customer concerns of a popping-type sound which may be heard when making low speed turns.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
The new strut mounts were incorporated into production as per the table below:
|Vehicle / Model||Starting VIN|
|WRX / WRX STI||G*828073|
|STRUT MOUNT- FRONT||20320FG012||WRX, WRX STI, Impreza, XV Crosstrek & Forester|
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
The new strut mounts are identified by a printed date code on the underside of the strut mount as shown in the photos and illustrations below. Strut mounts with a date code of 151225** (12/25/2015) and newer are the new type. (The 2-digit “Group” number (**) is insignificant for this bulletin.)
|NOTE: The lot numbers are fairly small and may be difficult to see. The strut mount must be removed to see the number.|
- Road test the vehicle to confirm the customer concern.
- If the condition is confirmed and the sound determined to be coming from the strut mount(s), inspect the date code as outlined above.
- If the date code is determined to be before 12/25/2015, replace the affected strut mount(s) following the procedure in the applicable Service Manual.
- When complete, road test the vehicle again to confirm the repair.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by a Subaru Added Security Classic or Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|ONE STRUT MOUNT R&R*||B611-201||EXCEPT BRZ||NAB-25||2.0|
|BOTH STRUT MOUNTS R&R*||B611-204||EXCEPT BRZ||2.4|
* INCLUDING wheel alignment
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.