Articles Contained in this Issue
Click on a title below to jump to the article.
Click the date located in the footer to return to page 1.
CODE ARTICLE – PAGE
(00) STIS New Releases – 14
(01) QMR of the Month – 1-2
(01) QMR of the Month Award Presentations – 2
(01) Virtual Meeting Rooms – 3
(01) Updating Technician Profiles for Techline Communications – 4-5
(07) Installing Window Tint and Applying Water Inside a Vehicle (Brake lights stay on) – 5-6
(12) Condensation in Headlights and Taillights – 7
(15) Eyesight Camera Replacement and Programming U1C00, U01046, B28A2, B28A1, U1P07, U1P08, U1C07, U1C08 – 8-10
(20) Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration – 10-13
NHTSA ID Number: 10237256
Manufacturer Communication Number: SubaruTech Tips
Subaru Service and Technical Support Line Newsletter. (April QMR of the month)
1 Affected Product
1 Associated Document
TIPS0423 – 2023 April TechTIPS Newsletter
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- [2023 New Processor, Lifetime Free Update, No Subscription fee ] Faster! Stable! The CRP123X Elite car diagnostic scanner has a new processor, Android 7.0, 16GB of memory, 5-inch touchscreen (720P), 6100mAh rechargeable battery, One-touch Wi-Fi Lifetime Free update for more vehicle coverage, bug fixes,newly added parameters, and functionality to help you access, diagnose and fix more vehicles faster. SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- [Newly Added 3 RESET FUNCTIONS] 2023 New Ver. scan tool CRP123X Elite ADDS NEW SPECIAL FUNCTIONS--Throttle Adaptation, Oil Reset, SAS Reset. Before the trip to the mechanic, the launch crp123x elite can do deeper diagnosis for the car system and react with accurate data in minutes. Just Update the software of your CRP123X scanner, and you’ll get this high-end function at no charge.
- [Accurate & Intuitive Multi System Diagnosis] Will you be confused about what happens when the warning light of transmission, ABS, and SRS Airbag check engine flashes? Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis for your car instead of taking your car to the dealership, and will turn off the warning light for you after fixing the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- [Multiple Display of Live Data + DTC Code Definition Explanation] Launch car tools shows real-time data of oil temp, pressure, transmission temp, engine speed, coolant temperature, you will know which car part is abnormal. Data can be shown in a single, multi- graph, and merge two graphs for analysis（merge 4 PIDs in one). It’s convenient for car owners to purchase auto parts and replace it by yourself, 🔥Code Search,DTC Library provide massive information.
- [Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic&Wide Range of Vehicle Supported] Launch scanner autovin technology allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly (vehicle make, model, and year info), no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one (Some models need to type it in manually.)It has newest car software. This car code reader support vehicle like passenger car, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks, etc. produced by Asian, European, American, Indian, and more brands between 1996 and 2023.
- 【More Than a OBD Scanner】 Based on the NT301 FOXWELL Scanner, NT630 Plus takes OBD diagnostics to the next level by customizing all functions for ABS and SRS systems. From reading to resetting error codes, this srs abs scanner provides in-depth insights and the ability to reset services efficiently. Plug to the vehicle’s OBD2 port and follow the instructions to start diagnosis.
- 【NO.1 ABS Bleeder Scan Tool】 The brake pedal was always slowly sinking down or becoming loose? This abs brake bleeding scan tool will bleed the brake system by cycling the pump and valves to achieve a tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed can solve your issues. Refer to the step on the screen, even a beginner can do it.
- 【Not Only Error Code Erase】 Are you still pay for the reset functions one by one? The obd2 scanner with abs and srs can not only read car faults but also perform frequently required resetting services which other same priced scanners cannot do. Like airbag light reset/ SAS calibration/ Oil light reset and EPB service functions. This car scanner will make the components operates normally after part replaced and reset services.
- 【Also can Work like NT301】 The NT630 Plus car diagnostic scanner plugs to the OBD2 port directly. It scans all obd2 modules instantly, displays the live data, locates bad sensors and I/M readiness status before the annual inspection. Guides you to do the maintenance work, reduces the potential driving risk and keep a peak performance on the road.
- 【Complicate? Unreadable?】 Intuitive LCD display with clear operate instructions, even a beginner can diagnose the car faults with the NT630 Plus. Ergonomic Touch with anti-collision and anti-slip cover design, comfortable for daily car diagnose work. Unique button press sound will provide the overall tactile and visual experience to notice you a task has been completed or a command has been executed.
- 🎁 New Elite Version🎁 Easy to Use--Work out of Box🎁Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Lifetime Update🎁 5 YEARS Back Up.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.(Note: Does not work for other System and does not have Special services!)
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advanced OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams include the Engine Coolant Temperature, Long&Short Fuel Trim, the change of Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor , Throttle valve position , Generator load signal,Fuel Tank Pressure , Engine RPM, Intake Ait Temperature and so on; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your cars and pinpoint the root cause, which saves you time and money. It will t-urn off the warning light car after the problem is fixed.👉TIPS: Airbag crash/collision data can NOT be cleared even you replace the new airbag.
- 【5 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 【Multi-Function OBD2 Scanner】GODIAG GD203 code reader is a cost-effective products for your vehicle maintenance. This obd2 scanner does not only professional in checking the ABS/SRS systems, but also do a lot of special reset functions like Anti-lock Brake Reset, Electronic Park Brake Reset, Diesel Particulate Filter Reset, Oil Service Light Reset, TPMS, TPS/TBA, etc.
- 【ABS Bleeding Scan Tool】When the vehicle has replaced the ABS computer/ABS pump, replacing the brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake pipeline, and brake fluid, there may be air in the Car's ABS system. Our car diagnostic scanner can help you check for ABS bleeding, which you should perform the ABS bleeding to bleed the brake system to restore ABS braking sensitivity.
- 【ABS SRS Scan Tool】The function of airbags is to reduce the degree of injury to the people in the event of a vehicle collision. You need to check frequently whether the ABS SRS is functioning properly. Our code reader can help you find common airbag problems easily include: malfunctioning airbags, disconnected airbag wiring, and damaged airbag sensors.
- 【Oil Light Reset, EPA, SAS】If the brake pads are damaged, the brake pads should be replaced, and the brake pads need to be reset at the same time. When your car replaces the steering angle position sensor, the steering angle needs to be reset to find the relative zero where the car keeps driving straight. The oil light reset is required when the car oil or the mechanical parts that monitor oil life are replaced. Our obd2 scanner can do these jobs very well!
- 【Support 17 Languages and Multiple Car Models】Supported languages include English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai, Slovak, Dutch and Polish. This is a car scanner tool for ABS and SRS systems that supports most types of cars on the market. (Please Note: 28 special functions are excluded!)
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 【Buy with Confidence】 As a America's No.1 diagnostic tool brand, Innova stands for innovation, quality, and accessibility in the automotive diagnostic industry. we are known for developing cutting-edge diagnostic tools that are user-friendly, reliable, and made for US by Americans.
- 【Unleash Your Drive's Potential】Much more than a car code reader, the 6100P scanner effectively reads and erases engine, ABS, SRS, and transmission codes for popular US car makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the traction light is constantly on,the ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Your Car's Health Doctor】Easily view procedures or send commands for oil change, mileage or driving time reset for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. it also monitors your oil level and oil life status, ensuring optimal vehicle health.
- 【Your Car's Personal Battery Guru】The Innova 6100P scanner is perfect for assessing the performance of the battery or alternator in your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Drive with Confidence and Peace】Quickly identify if your vehicle needs immediate attention with our Code Severity Levels function. This feature helps you understand whether you need to fix an issue immediately or if it can wait until you get home, keeping warning lights at bay.
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- ABS/SRS OBD2 Scanner > Enjoy this ABS OBD2 code reader to reveal exact issues underlying in your brake, airbag, and engine systems, test individual ABS/SRS sensors, valves, or solenoids to quickly locate malfunctions (compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, USA Ford), making sure critical safety systems work in perfect harmony together against accidents to be safe than sorry. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
- 3 Most Needed Service Functions > This OBD2 scanner guides you through step by step procedures to reset oil service light and programmed mileage intervals for engine efficiency (Oil Reset); to calibrate steering wheel position for vehicle’s traveling in a straight line (SAS Reset); to clear the original low battery fault information against coming battery failures or damage (BMS Reset); saving your needless visits to mechanics.
- Full OBD2 Diagnostics > Say goodbye to the hassle of manual check-ups via this srs code reader. Quickly correct Check Engine Light warning on most OBD2/CAN compatible vehicles. Easily access to your smog status with one simple click I/M Readiness; and being filled with features for live data readings, freeze frame data, plus EVAP system, onboard monitor test means this scan tool checks all daily car care boxes.
- Work Easier > Red-Yellow-Green LEDs in this OBD2 scanner quickly show the overall DTC status without toggling through menu selections. HELP hotkey takes you directly to detailed descriptions/tips. Read/Erase DTC, I/M readiness shortcuts are added for optimized operation, along with DTC Lookup library for interpreting codes, designing the SRS OBD2 code reader a pleasure to use right out of the package even for beginners.
- Helpful Service > Get instant, free lifetime access to the most recent updates to add new car models and troubleshooting bugs making the OBD2 scanner a long-term investment for any home mechanics. The extended 1 years of quality assurance sweetens the worry-free deal even further. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
Last update on 2023-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
April 2023 TechTIPS Page 1 of 16 Subaru Service and Technical Support Line Newsletter ©2023 Subaru of America, Inc. All rights reserved. 01 TechShare QMR of the Month We are pleased to announce this month’s TechShare QMR of the Month Winner: Robbie Magill from Adventure Subaru in Fayetteville, AR We are pleased to announce this month’s TechShare QMR of the Month Winner: Robbie Magill from Adventure Subaru in Fayetteville, AR Robbie created a high quality QMR using TechShare reporting on customer’s concern of defrost, heat and air shutting off when it is below freezing. Robbie’s report included detailed diagnostic steps, high-quality photos, and videos. Please refer to the following link to review the TechShare QMR in detail: TS-227378 In appreciation for going the extra mile and sharing his experience with us, Robie will be receiving the following from his District Service Quality Manager: $500.00 Snap-On gift card SUBARU TECHLINE HOLIDAYS & HOURS OF OPERATION Memorial Day: (Closed) Monday, May 29, 2023 Mon. – Thurs. 8:30AM – 7:30PM EST Friday 10:30AM – 5:00PM EST Saturday 9:00AM – 3:00PM EST Articles Contained in this Issue Click on a title below to jump to the article. Click the date located in the footer to return to page 1. CODE ARTICLE………………………………………………………….PAGE (00) STIS New Releases………………………………. 14 (01) QMR of the Month………………………………..1-2 (01) QMR of the Month Award Presentations………………………………………… 2 (01) Virtual Meeting Rooms…………………………… 3 (01) Updating Technician Profiles for Techline . Communications………………………………….4-5 (07) Installing Window Tint and Applying Water Inside a Vehicle (Brake lights stay on)…………………………..5-6 (12) Condensation in Headlights and Taillights………………………………………… 7 (15) Eyesight Camera Replacement and Programming U1C00, U01046, B28A2, B28A1, U1P07, U1P08, U1C07, U1C08……………………………………………….8-10 (20) Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration…………..10-13 ISO 14001 is the international standard for excellence in Environmental Management Systems. Please recycle or dispose of automotive products in a manner that is friendly to our environment and in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations. CAUTION: VEHICLE SERVICING PERFORMED BY UNTRAINED PERSONS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TO THOSE PERSONS OR TO OTHERS. SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. IS ISO 14001 COMPLIANT Continued on the next page April 2023 The Subaru TechTIPS newsletter is intended for use by professional Technicians ONLY. Articles are written to inform those Technicians of conditions that may occur in some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper servicing of the vehicle. Properly trained Technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do the job correctly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that your vehicle has or will have that condition. Impreza, Legacy, Justy, Loyale, Outback, Forester, Subaru SVX, WRX, WRX STI, Baja, Tribeca, BRZ, XV Crosstrek, Ascent, Crosstrek Hybrid, Solterra and “Quality Driven” are Registered Trademarks. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 2 of 16 01 QMR of the Month (CONTINUED) The other Regional winners selected from QMRs submitted during February 2023 were: • Christopher Taper from Subaru of South Hills • Gerald Costa from Long Subaru • Gregory Beach from Ramsey Subaru • Jordan Steckel from Phil Long Glenwood Springs Subaru Any Subaru Technician can participate in the TechShare QMR of the Month program. See the November 2022 issues of TechTIPS for full details. You just might see your name and photo in a future issue of TechTIPS! 01 QMR of the Month Award Presentations As part of our “enhanced” QMR of the Month recognition program, we will include a photo (whenever available) of the recipient’s award presentation in TIPS. The winner selected from QMR of the Month submissions received during February 2023 was Robbie Magill, Technician at Adventure Subaru, Fayetteville, AR. Robbie is shown above (right/center) after being presented with his $500.00 Snap-On Gift Card. To his right are Adventure Subaru’s Service Manager Jake Wheeler, and Adventure Subaru’s General Manager Brent Baker. To his left is Subaru of America’s District Service and Quality Manager Chris Owen. Congratulations and THANK YOU to our February 2023 QMR of the Month Award recipient! Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 3 of 16 01 Virtual Meeting Rooms Subaru is excited to announce the introduction of a new powerful tool for our technicians, the “Virtual Meeting Rooms”. Click here to visit. This is a feature that allows a technician to either share the screen of an SSM laptop or Techline/ DSQM can take control to aid in diagnostics or data collection. When discussing cases with Techline and DSQM’s, there may be situations when sharing the screen or taking control of the SSM laptop may be necessary. The scenarios where this could be useful are endless. If a technician is in situation where this could be useful, understand this is a tool for Techline and DSQM’s and they will make the determination if this option will be used. Should the situation require using this new tool, it is important to be prepared. For example, data should have all the required PIDs and appropriate flags. Verify the “Microsoft Teams” program is up to date, this feature will not work if the software is out of date. If “Teams” needs to be updated, call Nuspire to request they update the software before contacting Techline/DSQM’s. Some of the uses for this feature include immobilizer registration, work support functions, data review, module reprogramming, MAX data collection and more. Click here for directions on joining a Virtual Meeting Room. April 2023 TechTIPS Page 4 of 16 Continued on the next page 01 Updating Technician Profiles for Techline Communications Please update the email address listed in Subarunet profiles. Techline is now in full swing as we move into TechShare. Techline has already started to email Technicians as the newest form of communication. Techline has found that some long-term retailer Technicians have email addresses that are no longer valid or from a provider that no longer exists. Techline has been utilizing email for retailers who are in poor cellular coverage areas, when providing additional resources (pictures and questionnaires) and focused communication directly to the Technician. We want to encourage this form of communication as an additional option to get the best information faster to the Technician. If a Technician is not provided with a retailer email address, they can source their own from a variety of free online hosting sites that meet the retailer’s established internet guidelines. Technicians should be mindful of their email address and avoid inappropriate content. When creating an account, first initial last name with a retailer number is recommended. An example is Msmith501101@gmail.com. To update a Subarunet profile, please log in to Subarunet. In the top right-hand corner is a blue circle with the employee’s initials. Select the drop-down menu and select Update profile. From the next page, a retailer employee will be able to update their profile information. When finished, select Update Profile at the bottom right of the page to save the changes. Techline does not share any personal contact information, this information will only be used to contact a retailer employee about a Techline case. The system takes approximately five minutes to update to SOA. April 2023 TechTIPS Page 5 of 16 Continued on the next page 01 Updating Technician Profiles for Techline Communications (CONTINUED) Reminder, the Technician should have this email account web page open, or notifications turned on so that they see messages from Techline. 07 Installing Window Tint and Applying Water Inside a Vehicle (Brake lights stay on) Techline has received reports of issues after installing aftermarket window tint on 2024 Crosstrek and Impreza. There have been reports of the brake lights staying on due to water intrusion. This may be due to the water application on the inside of the rear window glass during aftermarket window tint installation. When applying water to the inside of an open tailgate, the water may run down the inside of electrical harnesses. Extreme caution should always be taken when applying water to areas of a vehicle that are not intended to see water. This could cause corrosion inside connectors not equipped with weather pack or mildew and mold build up in areas that can hold or soak up moisture and not properly drain. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 6 of 16 Installing Window Tint and Applying Water Inside a Vehicle (Brake lights stay on) (CONTINUED) 07 Should a ’24 Crosstrek/Impreza come in with a concern of brake lights on all the time, inspect for window tint on the rear glass, and water intrusion in connector Db11. As a reminder a vehicle should always be inspected for anything aftermarket. Aftermarket window tint may not seem like it could cause problems. However, similar water intrusion concerns directly connected to window tint installation have been seen from time to time when the water application is excessive during installation. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 7 of 16 12 Condensation in Headlights and Taillights There has been an increase in replacement of exterior lamp assemblies due to condensation build up. This condensation often occurs due to a temperature differential caused by the seasonal temperature and the sun. It is important to note that this is a normal condition and parts should not be replaced for this concern. It is more common to see this during late fall and early spring. TSB 07-59-07R covers this topic and details the cause for this. From page 2 of TSB 07-59-07: Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 8 of 16 Eyesight Camera Replacement and Programming U1C00, U01046, B28A2, B28A1, U1P07, U1P08, U1C07, U1C08 15 Techline continues to receive calls related to issues after replacing or swapping an Eyesight camera for testing. Any time a module is replaced in a vehicle it is critical to read and perform all the installation directions in STIS for that vehicle. The programming needed varies depending on year and model. If the correct installation and programming steps are not followed it is possible that there will be new DTC’s after installing a new camera, calibration problems or the Eyesight disabled light illuminating. For example, a 20MY Outback does not need to have the “Vehicle Information Registration – Parameter Selection” performed: Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 9 of 16 Eyesight Camera Replacement and Programming U1C00, U01046, B28A2, B28A1, U1P07, U1P08, U1C07, U1C08 (CONTINUED) 15 Compare that to a 20MY Forester that does need the “Parameter Selection” input: When comparing the service manual between models, the steps that need to be followed are different. Always refer to STIS for the vehicle being repaired for all installation and programming steps required. • Refer to the July 2022 TechTIPS that covers Gen 4 Eyesight programming. Gen 4 Eyesight is now included on multiple years and models. The Eyesight camera needs to be registered. Below is the July 2022 TechTIP: Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 10 of 16 Eyesight Camera Replacement and Programming U1C00, U01046, B28A2, B28A1, U1P07, U1P08, U1C07, U1C08 (CONTINUED) 15 It is important to note that for vehicles equipped with Version 4 Eyesight and a Gateway Control Module, registration may be required during stereo camera replacement. Refer to the applied model installation process on STIS for complete instructions. Below is an example of instructions that include the registration process. The registration menu can be found under Immobilizer registration on the SSM. This must be completed before performing the camera adjustment and inspection procedure. • Techline has had situations where the technician has installed the camera but did not follow the correct steps for installation and programming. There is a chance the camera will now be stuck in a “loop”, there is a DTC set, it cannot be cleared, but the calibration cannot be completed either. Refer to the final step listed at the bottom of the “Stereo Camera Adjustment, Inspection”, below is an example of this. The “Camera Initialization” procedure will delete ALL data from the camera. All programming procedures will need to be completed as if the camera is “new out of the box”. Always review STIS for the specific model being repaired as these directions may vary. IT IS CRITICAL TO READ AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS OF MODULE INSTALLATION LISTED IN THE SERVICE MANUAL 20 Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration The Solterra Connect Telematics system does not function the same way as other Subaru STARLINK Telematics systems. This TechTIP will cover best practices to follow when servicing Solterra Telematics. The most important thing to remember is the importance of contacting Techline when encountering uncertainty or difficulty with Solterra Connect Telematics. We also want to remind Technicians that the best way to ensure they get the information they need to diagnose Solterra Telematics concerns efficiently is to complete QMR’s with a high level of detail to ensure a steady flow of information to the field. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 11 of 16 20 Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration (CONTINUED) The most significant difference with Solterra Telematics is that it is an opt-out, always-on Telematics service. Even when a customer is not subscribed and the satellite icon is not illuminated on the dash, the Technician can push the Solterra Connect button and reach an operator. Technicians should use this service, identify themselves as a retailer Technician testing Telematics operation and request the VIN and GPS location of the vehicle. Successfully connecting to an Operator and getting the requested information is an excellent first step for diagnosis or after a repair to confirm a correctly functioning Telematics system. After completing a test call, Technicians must utilize the Global Tech Stream (GTS) “Health Check.” This check provides much more data than the SSM4 all-system scan. Review the Health Check results by verifying there are no current Telematics or Infotainment DTCs, confirm that all modules are communicating and then review Telematics and Infotainment ROB data. Telematics operation in Solterra differs significantly from that of Starlink. Technicians applying Starlink operating and diagnostic principles to Solterra Connect Telematics will be quickly misled. The Solterra service manual and the Technician Reference Books available on STIS are the Technicians most valuable tools when trying to diagnose Telematics and Infotainment concerns. As with any new resource, there is a learning curve to mastering its use. If a Technician has difficulty finding the information they are looking for, feel free to contact Techline or your DSQM for assistance. There have already been Solterra DCM replacements performed by retailers. Initial analysis indicates that these DCMs were not the root cause of the customer concern. A review of the diagnostic method used by the Technicians indicates that Subaru STARLINK Telematics principles were utilized in the diagnosis. It took a lot of work for Technicians to find the information they needed to successfully diagnose the customer’s concern. One of the most critical pieces of information to find was the DCM Activation and Code registration procedures. These must be performed when installing a new DCM. Below are the steps to find this information for reference. Please note this is not an endorsement for DCM replacement but instead is presented as a lesson for the correct diagnostic and replacement methodologies regarding Solterra Connect Telematics. After opening the Service Manual for Solterra, follow the click path shown below. General SETUP WHEN REPLACING OR… WORK PROCEDURE Scroll down to find “DCM (telematics transceiver)” in the listed parts. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 12 of 16 20 Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration (CONTINUED) DCM Activation Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 13 of 16 20 Solterra Connect Telematics Diagnosis, DCM Activation & Registration (CONTINUED) Code registration The Code registration chart shown above indicates that registration procedure “9” and “10” need to be completed when installing a new DCM. Continue to scroll down to find those procedures. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 14 of 16 00 STIS New Releases ITEM CODE ITEM TYPE TITLE CREATED DATE 17-18-23 Accessory Installation Guide Air Bag Curtain Module Mountin… 8-May-23 12-249-23 Technical Service Bulletin Cleaning of Painted Surfaces A… 5-May-23 15-282-21R Technical Service Bulletin STARLINK Remote Engine Start (… 4-May-23 07-210-22R Technical Service Bulletin Hybrid Battery / High Ambient … 4-May-23 07-209-22R Technical Service Bulletin EyeSight® Reprogramming DTC B2… 4-May-23 15-256-19R Technical Service Bulletin FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) R… 2-May-23 TKC-20R Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin Takata Front Passenger Airbag … 2-May-23 TKB-20R Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin Takata Front Passenger Airbag … 2-May-23 TKA-20R Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin Takata Front Passenger Airbag … 2-May-23 F0010FN000 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY Crosstrek – Window Defl… 2-May-23 L101SXC005 Accessory Installation Guide 2019MY Ascent – Trailer Hitch … 2-May-23 15-247-19R Technical Service Bulletin Harman Navigation “Route Calcu… 2-May-23 WRC-23 Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin VDC control module reprogrammi… 2-May-23 WRD-23R Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin 12V Inverter Connector Corrosi… 2-May-23 16-132-20R Technical Service Bulletin Diagnostic Information for All… 27-Apr-23 15-308-23 Technical Service Bulletin Diagnostic Information – Testi… 27-Apr-23 15-305-22R Technical Service Bulletin Reprogramming File Availabilit… 26-Apr-23 15-293-22 Technical Service Bulletin Remote Climate Control Operati… 26-Apr-23 16-140-23 Technical Service Bulletin Judder Concern During Low-Spee… 26-Apr-23 TIPS0522 TechTIPS NewsLetter 2022 May TechTIPS Newsletter 26-Apr-23 WRI-23 Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin Safety Recall/STOP SALE – Stop… 26-Apr-23 11-204-23 Technical Service Bulletin PCV Hose Design Change / Odor … 25-Apr-23 L101SXC005 Accessory Installation Guide 2019MY Ascent – Trailer Hitch 25-Apr-23 H001SAN001 Accessory Installation Guide 2020MY+ Legacy / Outback Remot… 25-Apr-23 J501SFN250 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY Crosstrek Wilderness – … 25-Apr-23 F541SFN000 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY Crosstrek – Moonroof Ai… 25-Apr-23 SOA843X036 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY+ Crosstrek – Adjustable… 25-Apr-23 SOA843X036 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY+ Crosstrek – Adjustable… 25-Apr-23 SOA843X026 Accessory Installation Guide 2022-23MY WRX – Fixed Cross Ba… 25-Apr-23 SOA843X026 Accessory Installation Guide 2022-23MY WRX – Fixed Cross Ba… 25-Apr-23 L101SFN000 Accessory Installation Guide 24MY Crosstrek (all Trims) – T… 25-Apr-23 L101SFN000 Accessory Installation Guide 24MY Crosstrek (all Trims) – T… 25-Apr-23 J131SXC000 Accessory Installation Guide 2019-24MY ASCENT DOOR SCUFF PR… 25-Apr-23 Service Diagnostics 2024 Legacy/Outback Service Ma… 24-Apr-23 All revised publications are highlighted in yellow. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 15 of 16 ITEM CODE ITEM TYPE TITLE CREATED DATE H1010FN210 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY Impreza/Crosstrek Wirel… 24-Apr-23 H1010FN200 Accessory Installation Guide 2024MY Impreza//Crosstrek – Wi… 24-Apr-23 15-307-23R Technical Service Bulletin Discontinuation of SUBARU STAR… 24-Apr-23 15-309-23 Technical Service Bulletin Procedure for Infotainment Con… 24-Apr-23 WRB-23R Subaru Product/Campaign Bulletin Telematics Data Communications… 20-Apr-23 15-304-22R Technical Service Bulletin Procedure for Techline Infotai… 19-Apr-23 F6010FN000_OM Owner Manual 2024MY Crosstrek and Impreza R… 18-Apr-23 All revised publications are highlighted in yellow. Continued on the next page April 2023 TechTIPS Page 16 of 16 *** Now you can e-mail your TechTIPS input and suggestions to: email@example.com *** SUBARU TECHLINE Monday – Thursday 8:30 am to 7:30 pm Hours of Operation Friday 10:30 am to 5 pm and Saturday 9 am to 3 pm This is your chance to offer suggestions for use in future issues of TechTIPS! Make sure that if you e-mail us, you place in the subject line of your e-mail “For TechTIPS Newsletter”. Thank you! Model: Year: VIN: Description of situation encountered: Your suggestion for repair procedure, product improvements, etc.: Please attach separate sheets, if necessary. You may also want to include Service Manual diagrams or references, or your own drawings to assist in describing your suggestion. All information submitted becomes the property of Subaru of America, Inc. Permission is granted to Subaru of America, Inc. to print your name and suggestions in TechTIPS and other Subaru of America, Inc. publications. Mail items to: PO Box 9103; Camden, NJ 08101-9877. Your Name: Signature: Dealer’s Name: City: Date: Dealer Code: