In the event of a crash, the missing spot welds may compromise the vehicle’s strength, increasing the risk of injury.
Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicle to check for missing spot welds. If the welds are missing, the vehicle will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began July 31, 2018. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru’s number for this recall is WTU-80.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
Possible Missing Spot Welds
Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2019 model year Ascent vehicles, due to the possibility of some missing body structure welds. A total of 293 U.S. vehicles are affected by this recall.
|Please be advised that it is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle covered by a recall under a sale or lease until the defect is remedied. Therefore, any Authorized Subaru Retailer failing to perform the applicable service procedures to correct all affected vehicles in their inventory prior to the vehicle being placed in service may be subject to civil penalties of up to $6,000 per violation (i.e., for each vehicle), as provided in 49 CFR §578.6 and will also be in breach of the Subaru Dealer Agreement.|
A total of 293 U.S. vehicles are affected by this recall. Coverage for all affected vehicles must be confirmed by using the Vehicle Coverage Inquiry function on subarunet.com.
|Model Year||Carline||Production Date|
Your Region/Distributor will provide you with a detailed list of the affected vehicles. If you have any of the affected vehicles in inventory, please ensure your sales and service staff are immediately notified that any unsold unit(s) are un-saleable until the recall remedy is completed, and the recall claim is recorded in the system by the SOA Claims group.
NOTE: Not all VINs produced in the date range listed above are affected by this recall. Coverage for all affected vehicles must be confirmed by using the Vehicle Coverage Inquiry function on subarunet.com. This information is now available.
There is a possibility that some spot welds were missed during production around the B-pillar. If these spot welds were missed, the strength of the vehicle’s body may be reduced, potentially increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
DESCRIPTION OF THE REMEDY:
Subaru factory representatives will be dispatched to inspect all affected vehicles. Please isolate any affected vehicles at your dealership and do not allow them to be test-driven or delivered to a retail customer until the inspection is completed.
Subaru will notify affected vehicle owners by first class mail. Owners with a valid email address on file with MySubaru.com will also be notified by email.
Owner notification is expected to occur by the end of August for any retailed vehicles that have not been inspected by that time.
RETAILER PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY:
Any vehicles listed in a recall/campaign that are in retailer stock must be:
- Immediately identified.
- Tagged or otherwise marked to prevent their delivery or use prior to inspection and/or repair.
- Repaired in accordance with the repair procedures outlined in the Product Campaign Bulletin.
Whenever a vehicle subject to any recall is taken into retailer inventory or in for service, necessary steps should be taken to ensure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
Retailers will be provided a detailed list of any affected sold and unsold vehicles by their respective Regional Office / Distributor.
Subaru factory representatives will be dispatched to inspect all affected vehicles. Please isolate any affected vehicles at your dealership for that inspection.
Once the Subaru factory representative’s inspection has been completed, the inspection information will be provided to the SOA Claims group to record into the system. If the vehicle does not pass the inspection, it will be returned to the factory and replaced with a new one.
Any unsold unit(s) are un-saleable until the claim is recorded by the SOA Claims group, indicating that the vehicle passed the inspection.
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
OWNER NOTIFICATION LETTER
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to the VIN below
Subaru Recall WTU-80
NHTSA ID 18V-508
Dear Subaru Owner:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2019 model year Ascent vehicles. You received this notice because our records indicate that you currently own one of these vehicles.
REASON FOR THIS RECALL
There is a possibility that some spot welds were missed during production around the B-pillar of your vehicle. If these spot welds were missed, the strength of the vehicle’s body may be reduced, potentially increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
WHAT SUBARU WILL DO
A Subaru factory representative will be dispatched to your Subaru retailer (dealer) to inspect your vehicle. If your vehicle is found to be missing any of these spot welds, Subaru will replace your vehicle with a comparable new one at no cost to you. Subaru will also be responsible for paying any taxes, registration or other fees that may result from this vehicle exchange.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
HOW LONG WILL THE INSPECTION TAKE?
The time for this inspection is approximately 10 minutes. However, it may be necessary to leave your vehicle for a longer period of time on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your Subaru retailer flexibility in scheduling.
CHANGED YOUR ADDRESS OR SOLD YOUR SUBARU?
If you have moved or sold your vehicle, please complete the enclosed prepaid postcard and mail it to us. Or if you prefer to update this information online, please go to www.subaru.com, select ‘Customer Support,’ then select ‘Address Update’ or ‘Ownership Update’ from the drop-down menu.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE:
If you need additional assistance, please contact us directly:
- By e-mail: Go to www.subaru.com and select “Contact Us”
- By telephone: 1-844-373-6614
Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. ET
- By U.S. Postal mail: Write us at Subaru of America, Inc.
Attn: Customer-Retailer Services Department
P.O. Box 9800, Camden, NJ 08103-9800
To subscribe to the NHTSA Recall Notification email System, please go to: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/ subscriptions.
Please contact us immediately if the Subaru retailer fails or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge.
You may also contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE,
West Building, Washington, DC 20590 or call the toll-free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-4249153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you believe the Subaru retailer has failed or is unable to remedy your vehicle without charge within a reasonable amount of time.
Your continued satisfaction with your Subaru is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your vehicle’s proper operation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause and urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Subaru of America, Inc.
Notice to Lessors: Under Federal law the lessor of a vehicle who receives this letter must provide a copy of it to the vehicle lessee(s) within 10 business days from receipt. The lessor must also keep a record of the lessee(s) to whom this letter is sent, the date sent, and the applicable vehicle identification number (VIN). (For the purposes of this section, a lessor means a person or entity that in the last twelve months prior to the date of this notification has been the owner, as referenced on the vehicle’s title, of any five or more leased vehicles. A leased vehicle is a vehicle leased to another person for a term of at least four months.)
A subsidiary of SUBARU CORPORATION
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
NHTSA ID: 18V-TBD
July 27, 2018
July 26, 2018
August 10, 2018
- ADVANCED 3-IN-1 FORMULA! Frustrated with all the products (and MONEY) it takes to get a smooth, clean and shiny finish on your ride? Look no further! SHINE ARMOR FORTIFY QUICK COAT is your one-stop-shop to achieving your desired results. Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat provides a waterless wash, coat and shine, all in ONE CONVENIENT BOTTLE.
- NO STREAKING, SMEARING OR SCRATCHING - Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat's premium formula is both gentle and effective on any vehicle! It provides a clean and shiny finish, without hurting your car's paint or leaving unsightly drying smears and streaks. Simply, apply SHINE ARMOR FORTIFY QUICK COAT once and experience all the formula has to offer!
- CUTS DIRT, GRIME & GREASE - Only SHINE ARMOR FORTIFY QUICK COAT eliminates dirt, grime & grease instantly on contact! Save time and money with our signature 3-in-1 formula. In just one 8-ounce bottle, you'll get a waterless wash, coat and shine for a clean, showcase look.
- SAFE FOR ALL SURFACES - Use Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat on AUTOMOBILES, BOATS, MOTORCYCLES, RVs, FOUR-WHEELERS AND MORE! It is the perfect blend of surfactants and SiO2 ceramic-coating science. FORTIFY QUICK COAT will allow you to achieve the showcase look you love without damaging the surface of your favorite ride!
- GET SHINE ARMOR FORTIFY QUICK COAT RISK FREE: 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We are confident you will love our FORTIFY QUICK COAT, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee! CLICK "Add to Cart" NOW, ZERO RISK!
- ONLY ONE STEP: Designed to both clean and condition your car in one easy step
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Cleans without stripping wax protection
- THE BEST CLEAN: Foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants
- RADIANT LOOK: Contains ultra-rich conditioners to make your paint look its best
- FOAM CANNON READY: Diverse application allows it to be used in a bucket or in a foam cannon. *Dilute 5:1 when used with a foam cannon.
- ONE EASY STEP: Formula delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity in this easy one step
- EFFORTLESS APPLICATION: Thin Film technology provides for easy application and wipe off even in full sun, and will not stain non-painted trim pieces white
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink to form a long-lasting protective barrier while amplifying reflection for incredible depth and mirror-like shine
- WATER ROLLS RIGHT OFF PAINT: Hydrophobic Polymer technology increases surface tension to protect paint
- SAFE AND FLEXIBLE: Safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats, and can be applied by hand or dual action variable speed polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- Apply with a clean cloth and a little elbow grease for a shine
- Gentle enough to use on a regular basis
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit to your vehicle
- Easy to apply
- EASY TO USE: Our formula offers long-lasting polymer protection and incredible deep gloss to fiberglass and gel coat surfaces
- BEST PROTECTION FOR YOUR BOAT: Protects against UV damage and wear
- VARIETY OF USES: Removes light oxidation, fine scratches and swirls while protecting
- GREAT RESULTS: Dramatically enriches color and shine while bringing out the full richness of the surface
- USE WITH HAND PADS OR POLISHER: Formulated to be effective by hand or dual action variable speed polisher
- 100 percent carnauba-based wax
- New formulation for even easier application
- Deep wet look to any paintwork
- Improved level of protection.Date on item is manufactured date
- More UVA and UVB protection
- Cleans & polishes a variety of metals
- Provides long-lasting smooth & polished surface
- Provides brilliant shine
- Multi-purpose metal polish for: brass, copper, stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, pewter, and bronze
- Great to use on: car rims, stainless refrigerators/ovens/toasters/dishwashers, faucets, metal kitchenware and metal furniture
- DEFECT REMOVAL: Great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
- ULTRA-FAST COMPOUNDING: Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
- SUPERIOR FINISH: Exclusive super micro-abrasive technology leaves best-in-class finish
- CLEAR COAT SAFE: Safe and effective on all glossy paint finishes including clear coats
- VERSATILE USE: Formulated for use by hand, dual action polisher or rotary buffer, and is body shop safe. Also available in 32 oz and 1 gallon sizes
- Ultimate spray wax with hydrophobic polymer technology creates a deep wet-look shine you would normally expect from liquid or paste waxes
- With relentless water-beading protection that lasts for weeks, Ultimate Quik Wax offers Meguiar's longest-lasting protection from a spray wax
- Safe and effective on all painted surfaces without leaving a white waxy residue on exterior plastic or trim pieces
- Quik Wax is truly quick - simply spray on and wipe off for fast wax protection and gorgeous shine in less than 15 minutes
- The polymer-based wax can be applied in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces without streaking or leaving a white residue
- EASY TO USE - Simply Spray and Wipe On Wet (as a Drying Aid) or Dry Surfaces. Bead Maker Combo Kits Include TWO FREE Official Bead Maker Ultimate Microfiber Towels By THE RAG COMPANY (Additional $15.50 Value)
- SAFE FOR ALL SURFACES: Safely Use On Paint, Rubber, Plastic, Metal, Glass and More!
- CURED UV PROTECTION: Combined UV Filters and UV Stabilizers + Longer Lasting, Super Glossy Shine Every Time
- HIGHLY HYDROPHOBIC: Easily & Effectively Repels Dirt and Water Across Your Entire Car, RV, ATV, Boat or Airplane!
- RENNY DOYLE DOUBLE BLACK COLLECTION: Master Level Professional Detailing Products From P&S - Family Owned & Operated For Over 50 Years!
Last update on 2019-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API