In the event of a crash, the missing spot welds may compromise the vehicle’s strength, increasing the risk of injury.
Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicle to check for missing spot welds. If the welds are missing, the vehicle will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began July 31, 2018. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru’s number for this recall is WTU-80.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
Possible Missing Spot Welds
Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2019 model year Ascent vehicles, due to the possibility of some missing body structure welds. A total of 293 U.S. vehicles are affected by this recall.
|Please be advised that it is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle covered by a recall under a sale or lease until the defect is remedied. Therefore, any Authorized Subaru Retailer failing to perform the applicable service procedures to correct all affected vehicles in their inventory prior to the vehicle being placed in service may be subject to civil penalties of up to $6,000 per violation (i.e., for each vehicle), as provided in 49 CFR §578.6 and will also be in breach of the Subaru Dealer Agreement.|
A total of 293 U.S. vehicles are affected by this recall. Coverage for all affected vehicles must be confirmed by using the Vehicle Coverage Inquiry function on subarunet.com.
|Model Year||Carline||Production Date|
Your Region/Distributor will provide you with a detailed list of the affected vehicles. If you have any of the affected vehicles in inventory, please ensure your sales and service staff are immediately notified that any unsold unit(s) are un-saleable until the recall remedy is completed, and the recall claim is recorded in the system by the SOA Claims group.
NOTE: Not all VINs produced in the date range listed above are affected by this recall. Coverage for all affected vehicles must be confirmed by using the Vehicle Coverage Inquiry function on subarunet.com. This information is now available.
There is a possibility that some spot welds were missed during production around the B-pillar. If these spot welds were missed, the strength of the vehicle’s body may be reduced, potentially increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
DESCRIPTION OF THE REMEDY:
Subaru factory representatives will be dispatched to inspect all affected vehicles. Please isolate any affected vehicles at your dealership and do not allow them to be test-driven or delivered to a retail customer until the inspection is completed.
Subaru will notify affected vehicle owners by first class mail. Owners with a valid email address on file with MySubaru.com will also be notified by email.
Owner notification is expected to occur by the end of August for any retailed vehicles that have not been inspected by that time.
RETAILER PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY:
Any vehicles listed in a recall/campaign that are in retailer stock must be:
- Immediately identified.
- Tagged or otherwise marked to prevent their delivery or use prior to inspection and/or repair.
- Repaired in accordance with the repair procedures outlined in the Product Campaign Bulletin.
Whenever a vehicle subject to any recall is taken into retailer inventory or in for service, necessary steps should be taken to ensure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
Retailers will be provided a detailed list of any affected sold and unsold vehicles by their respective Regional Office / Distributor.
Subaru factory representatives will be dispatched to inspect all affected vehicles. Please isolate any affected vehicles at your dealership for that inspection.
Once the Subaru factory representative’s inspection has been completed, the inspection information will be provided to the SOA Claims group to record into the system. If the vehicle does not pass the inspection, it will be returned to the factory and replaced with a new one.
Any unsold unit(s) are un-saleable until the claim is recorded by the SOA Claims group, indicating that the vehicle passed the inspection.
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
OWNER NOTIFICATION LETTER
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to the VIN below
Subaru Recall WTU-80
NHTSA ID 18V-508
Dear Subaru Owner:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2019 model year Ascent vehicles. You received this notice because our records indicate that you currently own one of these vehicles.
REASON FOR THIS RECALL
There is a possibility that some spot welds were missed during production around the B-pillar of your vehicle. If these spot welds were missed, the strength of the vehicle’s body may be reduced, potentially increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
WHAT SUBARU WILL DO
A Subaru factory representative will be dispatched to your Subaru retailer (dealer) to inspect your vehicle. If your vehicle is found to be missing any of these spot welds, Subaru will replace your vehicle with a comparable new one at no cost to you. Subaru will also be responsible for paying any taxes, registration or other fees that may result from this vehicle exchange.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
HOW LONG WILL THE INSPECTION TAKE?
The time for this inspection is approximately 10 minutes. However, it may be necessary to leave your vehicle for a longer period of time on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your Subaru retailer flexibility in scheduling.
CHANGED YOUR ADDRESS OR SOLD YOUR SUBARU?
If you have moved or sold your vehicle, please complete the enclosed prepaid postcard and mail it to us. Or if you prefer to update this information online, please go to www.subaru.com, select ‘Customer Support,’ then select ‘Address Update’ or ‘Ownership Update’ from the drop-down menu.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE:
If you need additional assistance, please contact us directly:
- By e-mail: Go to www.subaru.com and select “Contact Us”
- By telephone: 1-844-373-6614
Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. ET
- By U.S. Postal mail: Write us at Subaru of America, Inc.
Attn: Customer-Retailer Services Department
P.O. Box 9800, Camden, NJ 08103-9800
To subscribe to the NHTSA Recall Notification email System, please go to: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/ subscriptions.
Please contact us immediately if the Subaru retailer fails or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge.
You may also contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE,
West Building, Washington, DC 20590 or call the toll-free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-4249153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you believe the Subaru retailer has failed or is unable to remedy your vehicle without charge within a reasonable amount of time.
Your continued satisfaction with your Subaru is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your vehicle’s proper operation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause and urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Subaru of America, Inc.
Notice to Lessors: Under Federal law the lessor of a vehicle who receives this letter must provide a copy of it to the vehicle lessee(s) within 10 business days from receipt. The lessor must also keep a record of the lessee(s) to whom this letter is sent, the date sent, and the applicable vehicle identification number (VIN). (For the purposes of this section, a lessor means a person or entity that in the last twelve months prior to the date of this notification has been the owner, as referenced on the vehicle’s title, of any five or more leased vehicles. A leased vehicle is a vehicle leased to another person for a term of at least four months.)
A subsidiary of SUBARU CORPORATION
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
NHTSA ID: 18V-508
NHTSA ID: 18V-TBD
July 27, 2018
July 26, 2018
August 10, 2018
- PREPS SURFACE: Pre-waxing glaze that prepares the surface for wax while offering deep reflections and high gloss
- BEST CAR GLOSS: Conditioning oils add depth of color and maximum gloss prior to waxing, especially on dark colored cars
- REMOVE SWIRLS: Quickly and gently removes fine swirls and towel marks for mirror-like reflections
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COATS: Safe and on all glossy paints, including clear coats
- FLEXIBLE APPLICATION: Safe and effective by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- EASY SCRATCH & SWIRL REPAIR - If your car has light scratches, swirls, or other marks - you can easily fix that with our Scratch & Swirl Remover Kit! Using the included buffer pad, our specially formulated compound will allow you to easily remove and "erase" years of wear and tear from your vehicles paint and overall appearance! (Please note if you have very deep scratches that can be easily felt with the tip of your fingernail the product may not help as much.)
- ULTIMATE PAINT RESTORER - Not only will this remove swirls and scratches, it will restore the gloss and shine of your paint and bring it back to its original brilliance! The special rubbing compound will remove water spots, oxidation and other contaminants from your paint! Easily buff it all out by hand with our included buffer pad!
- PREMIUM CHEMICALS - We formulate all our products to ensure they are the best! Professional grade, but easy enough for anyone to use! We use only the absolute best chemicals and ensure there are no unnecessary color dyes or scents! You get the best cutting polishing compound in a specifically formulated formula with a kit that lets you go right to work!
- SAFE FOR ALL PAINT COLORS - Our Ultimate Car Paint Scratch Repair Kit is safe to use on all paints and colors. You can safely use it on any clearcoat, single stage, or multi stage paint!
- CARFIDANTcare 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
- MADE WITH ADVANCED SCIENCE! - Are you tired of using products that look great, but don't last? You won't experience that here! This magic in a bottle produces a deep shine, slick surface and longer lasting protection than anything on the market! Stop using inferior sealants, topcoat carnuba waxes and polishes made with old science and technology! This will out last and out shine them all!
- STREAK FREE AND SAFE FOR EVERY SURFACE! - Ever spend hours waxing and detailing your car motorcycle truck or rv? You feel so relieved to be at the final step ...buffing the wax off! You grab that towel to finish the job, but look in horror to see you turned your rubber and plastic white!! Never experience that again! This formula is safe to apply onto EVERY SURFACE without worrying about white residue or streaks!
- BRILLIANT SHOW CAR SHINE! - Most products nowadays will make your cars look pretty good.. Our newly developed synthetic detail spray gives instant head turning results! Works at the molecular nano level to bring the gloss and reflections up another notch!!! Finally, a quick detailer to get that ultimate show room shine that will make all the neighbors jealous!!
- FINISH YOUR VEHICLE IN 15 MINUTES! - See why all our customers rave at how simple it is to use! This will be the quickest and easiest polishing job that you will ever do! Simply spray on, and wipe off; no professional guys needed! Easy to apply and super fast to use compared to all others on the market!! Even pro detailers are amazed at the results they're getting!
- WHAT IF I'M NOT HAPPY? - We believe that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST automotive seal coating on the market!! If you don't agree, there's no fine printing to read and no gimmicks here! Get in contact with us ANYTIME after your purchase and we will provide a FULL REFUND! So, what are you waiting for?! CLICK 'Add to Cart' NOW, 100% RISK FREE!
- FORMULATED USING ADVANCED SCIENCE. Don't settle for an average ceramic car wax, our car wax spray is formulated using advanced science, with Brazilian Carnauba Wax to seal and polish and give your car a brilliant, protective shine.
- STREAK FREE & SAFE FOR ALL SURFACES. Shine Armor car wax is a superior car polish that won't leave streaks or residue behind, this hydrophobic spray wipes away clean to give your car ultimate shine.
- QUICK & CONVENIENT. Our spray wax for car is a convenient and quick way to give your car ultimate car paint protection. Simply spray on this car sealant and easily wipe it off for a showroom shine that will impress your neighbors.
- BRILLIANT SHINE. This quick and easy spray wax uses advanced technology to make your car look better than good. Our car shine spray is easy to apply and works at a nano level to enhance gloss and reflection and give your car a head-turning, brilliant shine.
- If you are unhappy with your carnuba wax, contact Shine Armor directly. We will make things right!
- REMOVE PAINT DEFECTS: The ultimate product for removing oxidation, scratches, water spots, and blemishes without scratching
- BEST CAR SCRATCH REMOVER: Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives restoring surface clarity without scratching or swirling
- SAVES TIME: The clear coat safe formula dramatically reduces the time and effort to restore abused or neglected paint finishes
- STUNNING FINISH: Exclusive micro-abrasive technology leaves a "like new" finish and adds gloss in one easy step
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COAT: Safe and effective on clear coat and single stage paints, and can be applied by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS: Advanced technology formula provides a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
- NO MORE SWIRLS: Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paint
- STUNNING SHINE: Produces deep reflections and high gloss
- EASY TO USE: Smooth buffing feel, easy wipe-off, and fast clean-up
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO APPLY: Formulated for use by Hand, DA Polisher, or Rotary Buffer
- PROTECTION FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS: This hydrophobic car polish sprays on for an ultra-thin layer that can repel water, dirt, UV rays and heat for up to 6 months!
- A GLOSSY SHINE IN 60-SECONDS: While the average time differs (20 seconds - 3 minutes), this water-based liquid coating (free of oil and silicone) gets to work fast!
- GREAT ON MANY SURFACES: It's great on leather seats, dashboards, instrument panels and in your household on kitchen appliances, electronics, and glass!
- A QUICK, EASY-TO-USE PROCESS: Three simple steps and you're set! Spray evenly and spread with a microfiber towel. Flip to buff. Use another towel to wipe again.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Get shiny and smooth surfaces that impress you or get your money back!
- ONE EASY STEP: Formula delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity in this easy one step
- EFFORTLESS APPLICATION: Thin Film technology provides for easy application and wipe off even in full sun, and will not stain non-painted trim pieces white
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink to form a long-lasting protective barrier while amplifying reflection for incredible depth and mirror-like shine
- WATER ROLLS RIGHT OFF PAINT: Hydrophobic Polymer technology increases surface tension to protect paint
- SAFE AND FLEXIBLE: Safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats, and can be applied by hand or dual action variable speed polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- OUTSTANDING POLISH: Top-performing glaze among hand-applied polishes, glazes, waxes and sealants
- SHOW CAR SHINE: Restores a dazzling, deep wet shine
- SAFE FOR ALL FINISHES: Body shop safe and effective on all paint finishes including clear coats
- DRIES CLEAR: Does not dry white, leaving a clear glossy shine
- CHOOSE HOW YOU USE: Formulated for use by hand, DA polisher or rotary buffer
- TESTING. Rated #1 car polish by leading consumer testing magazines for protection, durability, gloss improvement and best retail value.
- RESULTS. Both liquid and paste versions are the only products to have been rated #1 by the leading U. S. consumer testing magazine
- BUFFING. No heavy rubbing, no heavy buffing formula and can be applied in direct sunlight.
- NO WAX. Only car polish product on the market that contains no wax and available in both liquid or soft paste.
- APPLICATIONS. Product can be used to protect fiberglass boats, airplanes, motorcycles, as well as various household items and much more.
Last update on 2019-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API