NHTSA ID Number: 10160487
Manufacturer Communication Number: 11-190-19R
This bulletin announces availability of ECM reprogramming files to optimize the ECM. This bulletin announces availability of ECM reprogramming files to optimize the ECM. The new files contain logic which will revise: (1) the ECM detection of DTC U0122; (2) the EGR flow rate to address a limited number of customer concerns about a slight hesitation felt while driving at highway speeds and using the cruise control.
1 Affected Product
- the ECM detection of DTC U0122
- the EGR flow rate to address a limited number of customer concerns about a slight hesitation felt while driving at highway speeds and using the cruise control.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
The new logic was incorporated into production starting with VIN K3457324.
PACK FILE APPLICABILITY:
|Model||PAK File Name||New ECM Part Number||Old ECM Part Numbers||Decryption Keyword||New CID Number|
|2019MY Ascent||22765AL733.pak||22765AL733||22765AL730, 22765AL731 & 22765AL732||8ABA4DB3||LT8D600A|
REMINDER: Customer satisfaction and retention starts with performing quality repairs.
- Reprogram the ECM following the normal FlashWrite procedure.
Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) highly recommends connecting the Subaru Midtronics GR8 Diagnostic Battery Charger to the vehicle and utilizing the Power Supply Mode feature anytime a vehicle control module is being reprogrammed. Follow the procedure as outlined in document GR8-1100 on STIS for use of the GR8’s Power Supply Mode:
- Confirm all electrical loads such as lights, audio, HVAC, seat heaters, and rear defroster are all switched OFF before setting up for Power Supply Mode.
- Select the correct battery type (Flooded, AGM or AGM Spiral).
- Select the CCA which matches the vehicle’s battery (NOTE: OE and replacement batteries have different CCA ratings. Always confirm the battery rating before proceeding.)
- If the “Charge Battery” WARNING appears, the battery MUST be charged before attempting reprogramming.
- DO NOT connect the DSTi or SDI until the GR8 Power Supply mode has completed its battery test mode and the Charging Voltage has dropped to a steady 13.5 Volts on the display.
- If the GR8 “beeps” or the Status Light flashes, a diagnostic charge should be performed on the battery before proceeding further.
- Once Power Supply Mode reaches a steady 13.5 volts, connect the DSTi or SDI to the OBD connector and initiate the reprogramming process.
- Amperage will fluctuate based upon the vehicle’s demand for power. NOTE: If the voltage rises beyond 14V while programming is in process, the procedure will abort. This can indicate a need to test or charge the vehicle battery before any further attempt at programming.
This information is applicable to the Midtronics GR8 Diagnostic Battery Charger ONLY. It does not apply to any other brand / type of “generic” battery charger whatsoever. ONLY the GR8 and its Power Supply Mode feature has been tested and approved by SOA.
Once the GR8 is connected to the vehicle, as long as the battery is fully charged, it takes less than 3 minutes to boot-up the charger, select Power Supply Mode, and have the battery voltage stabilized and ready for reprogramming.
NOTE: Control module failures as a result of battery discharge during reprogramming are not a matter for warranty. Should any DTCs reset after the reprogramming update is performed, diagnose per the procedure outlined in the applicable Service Manual.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited, an applicable Emission Warranty period or covered
by an active Subaru Added Security Classic or Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the
following claim information:
Labor Description Labor Operation # Fail Code Labor Time
MFI OBDII ECM Reprogramming A455-288 UPG-48 0.4
IMPORTANT: Always note the original Calibration Identification number (CID) the vehicle came
in with on the repair order before reprogramming and, make sure to list the NEW CID for any
newly-installed programming (as confirmed from the actual control module AFTER installation).
The NEW CID MUST also be noted on the repair order as this information is required for entry in
the Miscellaneous Detail field during claim submission.
NOTE: The pack file listings provided in this bulletin are the latest available at the time of
publishing. Updates are often released thereafter without revision to the original bulletin. For this
reason, it is critical to always have the latest version of Select Monitor software installed on your
system. You can confirm if a later version is available by entering the CID listed in this bulletin into
FlashWrite. If a newer CID is shown as available in FlashWrite, reprogram using that file.
• SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as
previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
• Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
• Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
What J2534 reprogramming capabilities are available?
(4a) J2534 Reprogramming
Subaru reprogramming files using a generic (non-OEM) SAEJ2534 pass-thru vehicle programming device are available by contacting Service Technical Information Company toll free at 1-866-428-2278. The cost for the CD-ROM with all reprogramming files is $75.00 plus S/H and applicable state tax. Files will be updated four (4) times per year, in CD-ROM format, with all available reprogramming service information at the same above offered cost. Authorized Subaru Dealers are provided the same reprogramming information.
Before purchasing, the reprogramming details can be found in the following Reprogramming J-2534 Files chart. Click the link to view the PDF chart.
Subaru J2534 Reprogramming software meets the latest available J2534-1 specification. Our Reprogramming J2534 Files chart does not specify the Calibration Identification Number (CID); however, this information is included in our offered CD-Rom.
Note: The ECM or TCM being reprogrammed may already contain some or all of the reprogramming files listed in the Reprogramming J2534 Files chart shown by release date. It is possible to damage the vehicles ECM/TCMduring the reprogramming event. Once the reprogramming process has started, it is recommended not to interrupt the process until the event is completed. If you experience any problems, please contact your scan tool maker for further instructions.
No. Subaru has no reprogramming capability for model years 1996-1998. Starting with our 1999 model year, please see our Reprogramming Pre-J2534 Files chart for affected model reprogramming information.
- SUPPORTED MODELS - Compatible All 1998-2018 TOYOTA/LEXUS/SCION vehicles,For few functions on few old cars(such as before 2005),We recommend to use firmware V2.0.4 cable
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- POWERFUL DIAGNOSIS &ANALYSIS: The Autel Maxisys MS908CV is especially made for working on Heavy Duty vehicles. It contains a whole set of heavy duty vehicle connectors and provides access to all the commonly performed service functions: Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, Immo & keys, Injector Throttle and other regular maintenance functions.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: The complete diagnostic tool kit includes a compact sized MaxiFlash Elite which performs J2534 and J2534-2 pass-thru programming and provides Bluetooth VCI communication between the vehicle and the MaxiSys CV tablet.
- SPECIAL FUCTIONS: The diagnostic scan tool provides the special functions that complete repairs including Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Regeneration, Adaptations, Calibrations, Maintenance Resets.
- STRONG FEATURES: The automotive scanner read and clear codes, view and graph live data, perform tool-guided maintenance services, complete an array of special functions and diagnose manufacturer-specific systems including Allison transmissions, Bendix ABS Brake systems, Detroit Diesel Engines and Eaton and Wabash ABS trailer brakes.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European commercial vehicles and industrial machine brands.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- 🚗ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
- 🚗SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- 🚗COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.
- 🚗WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It's an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance.
- 🚗Multi-ADD ONS: This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras (MV105 and MV108) for vehicle's electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces.
- 【Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming】 MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance. form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance.
- 【Comprehensive Features】 Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Save the money cost in buying an additional expensive adapter. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version.
- 【User Friendly】 The Live Data Stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs, and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running.
- 【Operate Easily】 The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that's really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it.
- 【Compatible with Some Add-ons】 Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- IMPROVED (2019) VERSION: OHP ELMconfig OBD II Interface is a car code reader, ELM327 scanner and diagnostic scan tool. Running rapidly at max 500 kbit per second, achieve pro-level check engine light programming and coding with the reliable advantage of its USB-connection and the special feature of the toggle MS-CAN HS-CAN switch. (Update: This 2019 version has fixed all the previous issues of the switch and lack of Mod support for newest car models.)
- ACCESS HIDDEN MODULES w/ TOGGLE SWITCH: Enable the desired modifications and troubleshoot all the undesired features pre-set in your vehicle with the faster functionality of the added switch. You can now edit and change settings without having to visit a dealer and pay for each single module to be activated / deactivated.
- TOP ACCESSORY FOR FORD: While this device also supports Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury cars, it is one of favorite tools and accessories sought by Ford owners. It has been flawless in scanning, programming and hiding modules for models like Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, Ranger, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Mondeo, Fusion, Kuga, Mustang, Explorer, Edge and other cars and light pickup Ford trucks- all from year 1996 and newer makes. Mods for 2017, 2018 and 2019 car models have also been updated.
- WORKS BEST W/ FORSCAN APP on WINDOWS: Access the comprehensive list of Mods on FORScan and apply them to your vehicle for a smart upgrade. Discover Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, Secure idle, Perpendicular Park, Trailer Brake Controller, disabled Double Horn Honk, Disabled Door Ajar Chime, Reverse Tilt Mirros, Tire Size Correction, and many other features. This obdii is also supported by FoCCCus, ELMconfig and FF2. Check our WIFI OBD2 version for your Android, iOs coding preferences.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE + HELPFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT: OHP provides all the diagnostic support you might need. The device comes with installation instructions and a full access to our substantial list of FORScan diagnostic resource and car coding information. When in doubt or stuck in endless research, you can contact us. We'll also appreciate your feedbacks.
- ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: Worked with J2534 Pass-thru device, MaxiSys Elite is capable of ECU programming for Benz and BMW.
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Available for over 80 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles with full OBD functions, 11 reset functions and full systems diagnoses
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Worked with MaxiScope basic kit MP408, MaxiSys Elite provides users with an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Remote Tech Support for real-time software update notifications via internet. Interactive Data Logging Sessions for direct contact with Autel. One-stop multitasking for ideal management of data
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGNS: MaxiSys Elite is with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing. MP408 features color coded 4-channel control panel and one-click auto setup of voltage scale and time base
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
Last update on 2019-09-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-09-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API