NHTSA ID Number: 10165496
Manufacturer Communication Number: 15-245-19R
This bulletin provides a new reprogramming procedure (FOTA) to optimize the Harman Gen 3 Audio and Navigation head units (H/U) utilized in the models as listed above. Firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) is a process by which remote devices can receive updates to their operating software. This process has become second nature with smartphones, tablets and many other connected devices. FOTA for automotive infotainments systems has been designed with a similar type of customer convenience in mind. FOTA updates are designed to provide regular enhancements along with some software patches to our infotainment systems improving the user experience for our customers. The convenience factor comes not only with the supply of regular updates and the enhancements they provide but also through customer control of when these updates are applied by allowing them the freedom to choose when these updates are downloaded and installed. All that is required is a secure WiFi connection such as through a home network or the use of a secure WiFi hotspot to create a connection to the update server and any customer can obtain and install an available FOTA update to their infotainment head unit. In this bulletin we are focusing on FOTA for Harman Gen 3.0 MIDlevel audio systems and Gen 3.0 HIGH audio-navigation systems. BASE models are not FOTA capable. This bulletin will describe in greater detail the process for how FOTA is accomplished as well as provide insights and some procedures for how to resolve conditions that may arise as a result of audio or audio/ navigation head unit swaps or replacements performed outside of the Harman/ United Radio exchange unit program.
3 Affected Products
This bulletin provides a new reprogramming procedure (FOTA) to optimize the Harman Gen 3
Audio and Navigation head units (H/U) utilized in the models as listed above. Firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) is a process by which remote devices can receive updates to their operating software. This process has become second nature with smartphones, tablets and many other connected devices. FOTA for automotive infotainments systems has been designed with a similar type of customer convenience in mind. FOTA updates are designed to provide regular enhancements along with some software patches to our infotainment systems improving the user experience for our customers. The convenience factor comes not only with the supply of regular updates and the enhancements they provide but also through customer control of when these updates are applied by allowing them the freedom to choose when these updates are downloaded and installed. All that is required is a secure WiFi connection such as through a home network or the use of a secure WiFi hotspot to create a connection to the update server and any customer can obtain and install an available FOTA update to their infotainment head unit. In this bulletin we are focusing on FOTA for Harman Gen 3.0 MIDlevel audio systems and Gen 3.0 HIGH audio-navigation systems. BASE models are not FOTA capable. This bulletin will describe in greater detail the process for how FOTA is accomplished as well as provide insights and some procedures for how to resolve conditions that may arise as a result of audio or audio/ navigation head unit swaps or replacements performed outside of the Harman/ United Radio exchange unit program. The procedure will involve:
- Assisting customers with FOTA related concerns if they have been unsuccessful in performing the FOTA by themselves. Possible vehicle or H/U concern.
- Performing the FOTA update for customers not comfortable or needing assistance with performing it themselves but have requested the Retailer install it.
- Updating the software using a USB flash drive following the steps outlined in TSB 15-211-17R, “Reprogramming File Availability for Additional Optimization of Harman Gen 3 Audio and Navigation Head Units” when FOTA cannot be performed due to VIN/ head unit serial number mismatch.
It is VERY IMPORTANT to read and understand this information completely before proceeding.
- On the models listed, FOTA is available for MID and HIGH (Navi) H/Us only.
- The currently available FOTA software version is the same version available to Retailers for USB updating use.
- FOTA software updates are for the H/U software ONLY. Map updates are a separate function which the customer may update on their own by using either USB download or Map Over the Air Update (MOTA). Go to: subaru-maps.com
- Currently this information applies to Impreza and Crosstrek only but, Legacy, Outback and BRZ applicability will be added very soon.
- On BRZ models, this update procedure is applicable to HIGH / Navigation (Navi) -equipped head units only.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
When FOTA reprogramming cannot be performed and the head H/U is updated using a USB flash drive, capture and record the head unit’s serial number. In these cases, the serial number is required to be entered in the Miscellaneous Detail field during claim submission. In addition, capture a photo of the serial number tag for reference in case there is any question about the serial number submitted.
NOTE: H/U R&R is necessary to access the Serial Number label.
The head unit software may be updated:
- Using Smartphone and cellular network (3G, 4G) – outlined starting on page 6
- Using a Secure WiFi Network (home network or hotspot)- outlined starting on page 15.
The update process involves downloading and installing the software update therefore, time duration depends on signal strength and transfer rate performance. During installation, H/U functionality will be restricted.
NOTE: Although the following Flow Chart provides an overview of the Service Procedure, it is VERY IMPORTANT to read and understand ALL the information contained in this bulletin completely before proceeding.
AFFECTED VEHICLES / AUDIO UNITS:
|Vehicle Model||Audio Unit Type (High, Mid, Base)||Audio Unit Part Number|
|2017-18MY Impreza & 2018MY Crosstrek||NAVIGATION (HIGH)||86271FL60A|
|8-Inch Display Audio (MID)||86201FL62A|
|2018MY Legacy / Outback||NAVIGATION (HIGH)||86471AL65A|
|8-Inch Display Audio (MID)||86431AL65A|
|2018MY BRZ||NAVIGATION (HIGH ONLY)||86271CA670|
Set-Up Instructions and CAUTIONS:
- Move the vehicle to an outside location where the engine can be safely started and kept idling during the update process.
- Never idle the vehicle in a closed space such as a garage, even if the garage door is kept open.
- Once the vehicle is in a safe location, be sure the vehicle is in Park (CVT) or Neutral (MT) and the parking brake is fully engaged.
- Open one or more windows to ensure fresh air is available.
- Stay with the vehicle until the update is completed.
- Unplug any devices, chargers, cables or other USB drives from the vehicle’s USB and power ports.
Step 1: Check the Current Software Version Number
- Turn the engine ON. When the H/U powers on, press “I Agree”.
Once audio start-up completes, press the HOME button and select “Settings”.
- From the General screen, select “System Information” to check current software version. (The pictures below are for illustration only and do not show the latest software version information.)
- If the current software version is 19.12.20 or Rel_A188.8.131.52 STOP as the head unit has the latest version installed and no further action is needed.
The Head Unit software version must be Rel_U0.18.22.20 or higher to be compatible with FOTA.
See Appendix A at end of this bulletin for a list of prior software release versions for reference.
- Versions other than those listed above do not support FOTA. Update the software using the
USB flash drive method outlined in TSB 15-211-17R, recall/ campaigns WTN-74R, WTZ-85R, or WUA-86R.
- Confirm the vehicle history to see if any H/U replacement has occurred in the past. If a new H/U was installed (part number listed in claim information) or if the H/U was swapped from another vehicle at any time, the H/U serial number must be captured and entered in a claim submission to ensure compatibility for future FOTA updates. REMINDER: H/U R&R is necessary to access the Serial Number label. See the H/U serial number sample photos presented on page 11 for reference.
Step 2: Required Preparation before Initiating the FOTA Update
NOTE: As part of this software update, the H/U will delete all the customer’s radio station presets and change the volume settings to a default volume level. NOTE: If the radio volume is turned down during the update process, the volume may seem suddenly very loud once the update completes. This is normal operation. Always note the customer’s radio station presets and volume settings and be sure to reset them after updating is completed.
TIP: Taking photos of the screens may be easier than writing down the contents of each.
2-1) Record all the preset stations saved by the customer.
- Confirm the driver profile (example shows “Default” as driver profile).
- Go to the Radio screen.
- Record the saved preset stations (SXM, AM, and FM) (example shows #1: FM87.7 #2: FM92.7…).
NOTE: Make sure to check the next screen by scrolling (pressing the right arrow > button).
- Change to next driver profile and repeat the actions above as necessary. (Example photo below shows other driver profiles. Be sure to note all the preset stations for each driver profile.)
- Select the first driver profile again.
2-2) Record the volume settings for each driver using the following steps:
2-2-1) From the Settings > Sound screen, press the “Sound” button.
2-1-2) Record each volume setting for: Entertainment Volume, AUX Volume Gain, Microphone Volume, and Navigation Volume.
Step 3: FOTA Reprogramming Procedure
1: Procedure for performing FOTA using Smartphone as WiFi hotspot and cellular network (3G, 4G):
IMPORTANT: The H/U clock must be set correctly in order to check for any available FOTA updates.
Navi/Radio internal clock settings:
NOTE: Once the clock is set, it never resets unless the vehicle battery power supply is interrupted as a result of a discharged or disconnected battery. For Navi -equipped models (only), proceed to Step 1.1. For all others proceed to Step 1.2. If the head unit displays the time correctly, proceed ahead to Step 1.4.
1.1) Setting the clock via GPS signal (Navi -equipped models only):
NOTE: The H/U clock must be set correctly in order to check for any available FOTA updates. Always confirm the Clock Adjustment mode is set to Auto.
1.1.1) Check current vehicle position on the map screen. If position is correct, the Navi will receive clock information correctly. Proceed to Step 1.3.5. If position is not correct, please go to Step 1.3.1.b.
1.1.2) Move the vehicle to a location where the Navi can receive a strong GPS signal. (e.g. outside with a clear view of the sky). If the vehicle position shown is correct, Navi should be receiving and displaying clock information correctly. Proceed to Step 1.3.5.
1.2) Setting the clock using any smartphone (Phone MUST be paired to the H/U.):
Bluetooth Pairing Procedure (Follow this procedure if the phone is not already paired to H/U.):
REMINDER: The H/U clock must be set correctly in order to check for any available FOTA updates. Always confirm the Clock Adjustment mode is set to Auto.
NOTE: If H/U display does not show the pop-up, please select “Add device” from the Phone Overview.
*If the device name is changed on setting screen (Settings > General > Change Device Bluetooth Name), please select the proper device name.
1.2.4) Confirm the same PIN code is shown on the smartphone then select “Confirm”.
1.2.5) Select “Pair” on the smartphone screen.
1.3) Transfer phonebook Procedure:
1.3.1) On the “Change Device” screen, identify the most recently paired device (iPhone is shown here).
1.3.2) Select the desired smartphone device.
1.3.3) Turn “Phonebook Download” on.
1.3.4) Operate the smartphone screen buttons to allow phonebook transferring.
1.3.6) Restart the H/U:
Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds or, turn the ignition OFF, open and close the driver’s door then restart the engine.
1.3.7) Confirm both the Phonebook and Messages buttons on the display are highlighted (activated) as shown below.
1.4 Connect to Network:
The following procedure outlines how to connect to a smartphone hot spot as a secure Wi-Fi network.
If the H/U is already connected to a secure Wi-Fi network, proceed to Step 1.5.
1.4.1) Prepare a Wi-Fi router device:
NOTE: Depending on the model (e.g. iOS or Android), these settings may need to be changed.
Refer to the specific smartphone’s User Manual for more detailed information / instructions.
1.4.2) Select “Settings” from the H/U Home screen.
1.4.3) Make sure “Wi-Fi” is displayed on the General menu.
1.4.4) Select the desired Wi-Fi device from the “Wi-Fi Settings” list.
1.4.5) Confirm a secure WiFi connection has been established. The H/U display will show a Wi-Fi icon on top bar.
1.5) Check for Available Update:
1.5.1) Press the Home button on the H/U and select “Settings” from the Home screen.
1.5.2) Select “Check for Updates” from the General menu.
NOTE: This button is grayed-out during H/U initialization. It usually takes about 1 minute for it to become active. If “Check for Updates” remains grayed out, try re-booting the H/U by pushing and holding the volume knob for 10 seconds or, turning OFF the ignition, opening the driver’s door, and waiting for 2 minutes.
1.5.3) If the screen displays a “Software Update Ready to Download” pop-up, select “Download Now” to update the H/U software. (Picture below is for illustration only and does not show the latest software version.)
Proceed to Step 1.6.
1.5.4) If the H/U screen shows the “Connect to Wi-Fi” pop-up, try re-connecting to the network again as outlined in Step 1.4 above.
1.5.5) If the H/U screen shows “Your device’s software is up to date.” and confirmed as outlined in Step 1: “Check current software version”, no further action is required. The head unit software is current.
IMPORTANT: If the H/U software cannot be updated using FOTA, update the H/U following the USB flash drive procedure outlined in TSB 15-211-17R. In such a case, a VIN/ H/U Serial Number mismatch may exist. If this occurs, the H/U must be removed and the serial number recorded as shown below. In these cases, the COMPLETE 28-digit serial number is required to be entered in the Miscellaneous Detail field during claim submission (no spaces or special characters). Also, capture a photo of the serial number label for reference in case any question arises about the serial number submitted. Examples of the serial number label are shown below.
1.5.6) If the H/U display shows “Software download failed. Do you want to retry?”, there is possibility the H/U is not receiving the clock information correctly.
1.5.7) Move the vehicle to a location where the Navi can receive GPS signal or connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth. Ensure that transferring of phonebook data has been approved on the phone. (To review clock setting procedures, refer to Step 1 above.)
1.6) Software Update:
NOTE: Initially, it may appear that no action is occurring.
THIS IS NORMAL. Wait at least 2 minutes for progress percentage to appear in the upper right of the H/U screen before attempting to restart the process.
1.6.1) Wait until the download progress reaches 100%. During the software download, the H/U is fully functional. NOTE: It is normal for the progress to hang at some points for 1-2 minutes.
This does not indicate a concern. BE PATIENT.
NOTE: When downloading via Wi-Fi, it may take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes for the update to complete depending on the provider transfer rate signal strength.
1.6.2) The image below shows the pop-up window which will appear once the download completes and the update is ready to install.
1.6.3) Select “Install Now” to start the update installation.
NOTE: If “Cancel” is selected, it will be necessary to download the update file again before installation can be attempted.
1.6.4) Stay with the vehicle until the install has completed.
NOTE: It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the update installation.
1.6.5) The H/U will automatically shut down and restart after the installation completes.
- The next step of update will be different depending on the software version installed prior to FOTA.
- Depending upon the installation required, the H/U may repeatedly shut down and restart up to 3 times. The screen shown below does not indicate an unsuccessful or failed installation.
1.6.6) Wait until all the H/U restarts complete and the Home screen is displayed again.
NOTE: The volume will go to default level suddenly even if the volume was previously turned down during or prior to the update. This is normal operation.
NOTE: Station presets will display as “Initializing” until the data is fully loaded for SXM stations. In case of FM and AM presets, the text will change from “Initializing” to “Hold”. To reset each preset, tune to the desired station then press and hold the corresponding preset button until the “beep” is heard to signal the reset was successful.
1.6.7) If the Home screen does not appear automatically, press the Home button to display the Home screen.
1.6.8) Perform Step 1 again to check the currently installed software version and confirm a successful update / installation. The new version ID should be: Rel_A184.108.40.206.
1.6.9) Using the notes or photos collected at the start of this process in Step 2, reset all the customer’s preset stations and volume settings.
1.6.10) Go to the Home screen.
1.6.11) Turn the engine off and open the driver’s door to turn the H/U off and complete the procedure.
If the software version does not match the one shown in Step 1.6.8, attempt the update process a second time. If after a second attempt the update still has not completed successfully, update the head unit software with USB flash drive following the steps outlined in TSB 15-211-17R.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If the H/U software cannot be updated using FOTA, update the H/U following the USB flash drive procedure outlined in TSB 15-211-17R. In such a case, a VIN / H/U serial number mismatch may exist. The H/U must be removed, and the serial number recorded. In these cases, the serial number is required to be entered in the Miscellaneous Detail field during claim submission. In addition, capture a photo of the serial number tag for reference in case there is any question about the serial number submitted. See the H/U serial number sample photos presented on page 11 as reference.
2: FOTA Procedure Using Head Unit Connected to Secure Wi-Fi (Home Network or Hotspot Device):
NOTE: The H/U clock must be set correctly in order to check for available FOTA updates.
2.2) Connect to the network.
2.3) Select “Settings” from H/U Home screen.
2.4) Make sure the “Wi-Fi” is displayed on the Settings > General screen.
2.5) Select the desired Wi-Fi device from the “Wi-Fi Settings” list.
2.6) Select “Connect” and input the password of the Wi-Fi device to be used. When a connection is established, the screen will display a Wi-Fi icon on top bar.
2.7) Perform Check for Available Update: (same as 1.5 above).
2.8) Perform Software Update: (same as 1.6 above).
2.9) Re-check Software version (same as Step 1 above) after update installation is complete.
2.10) Using the notes or photos collected at the start of this process in Step 2, reset the customer’s preset stations and volume settings.
2.11) Go to Home screen.
2.12) Turn the engine off and open the driver’s door to turn the H/U off and complete the procedure.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|Labor Description||Labor Operation #||Labor Time|| Fail
|S/WARE VERSION CHECK, LATEST VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED,
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL BY FOTA
|S/WARE VERSION CHECK, LATEST VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED, UPDATE DONE BY MOTA* OR USB, R&R H/U, RECORD SERIAL #||A031-272||0.7|
|S/WARE VERSION CHECK, S/WARE UPDATE REQUIRED, UPDATE SUCCESSFUL BY FOTA||A031-278||0.4|
|S/WARE VERSION CHECK, S/WARE UPDATE REQUIRED, FOTA UPDATE FAILS, UPDATE VIA USB, R&R H/U, RECORD SERIAL #||A031-288||1.3|
*MOTA: Map Over The Air Update (H/U software updates are bundled with MOTA map updates.)
REMINDER: The COMPLETE 28-digit serial number is required to be entered in the Miscellaneous Detail field during claim submission (no spaces or special characters).
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
Harman 3.0 Software / Map Update Chronology
** NOTE: These Map Update Software I.D. numbers contain the same functional updates as the corresponding New H/U Version I.D. numbers.
What J2534 reprogramming capabilities are available?
(4a) J2534 Reprogramming
Subaru reprogramming files using a generic (non-OEM) SAEJ2534 pass-thru vehicle programming device are available by contacting Service Technical Information Company toll free at 1-866-428-2278. The cost for the CD-ROM with all reprogramming files is $75.00 plus S/H and applicable state tax. Files will be updated four (4) times per year, in CD-ROM format, with all available reprogramming service information at the same above offered cost. Authorized Subaru Dealers are provided the same reprogramming information.
Before purchasing, the reprogramming details can be found in the following Reprogramming J-2534 Files chart. Click the link to view the PDF chart.
Subaru J2534 Reprogramming software meets the latest available J2534-1 specification. Our Reprogramming J2534 Files chart does not specify the Calibration Identification Number (CID); however, this information is included in our offered CD-Rom.
Note: The ECM or TCM being reprogrammed may already contain some or all of the reprogramming files listed in the Reprogramming J2534 Files chart shown by release date. It is possible to damage the vehicles ECM/TCMduring the reprogramming event. Once the reprogramming process has started, it is recommended not to interrupt the process until the event is completed. If you experience any problems, please contact your scan tool maker for further instructions.
No. Subaru has no reprogramming capability for model years 1996-1998. Starting with our 1999 model year, please see our Reprogramming Pre-J2534 Files chart for affected model reprogramming information.
- VXDIAG VCX 2 in 1 works for both Ford and Mazda, support Ford and Mazda Diagnose and Programming
- Worth to own: Support J2534 protocol, this device actually works faster than Obdlink MX and ELM327 devices with Forscan, it can also works with FJDS license for programming. This is a great alternative to buying an expensive VCM2 for programming modules
- Support vehicle till 2019 year（Not works for FORD F150,F250,F350,F450,F550,F650,F750 before 2010）,Support Multi-Languages
- VXDIAG VCX NANO is an OEM diagnostic interface for the vehicles of Ford and Mazda. It can be compatible with OEM software of Ford IDS and Mazda IDS
- Full Technical Support Online: Firmware support update online. For software installation, you can feel free to contact us via amazon message, our engineer will provide online support by teamviewer or video
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- VXDIAG Multi Diagnostic Tool Support J2534 Protocol, one device can support multi vehicle software
- Support 12V gasoline and diesel car
- Hardware support 4-way CAN BUS and 2-way K - Line/L-Line, support multi-protocol high-speed and concurrent communication
- With the innovation design of OBD II intelligent bus protocol routing hardware, a diagnostic plug can be intelligent identification test all models, fully meet the future demand for all kinds of bus communication
- Support Add more vehicle brand, only need provide serial number and pay for the vehicle authorization fee
- TOP-LEVEL HEAVY TRUCK DIAGNOSIS: Want to diagnose different kinds of vehicles? Autel MaxiSysCV that comes with J2534 ECU Programming Device is the diagnostic tool you need! You can use comprehensive diagnostic functions including ECU Information, Trouble Codes, Live Data, Active Test, and Special services for Experts (Allison, Bendix, Caterpillar, Volvo, Freightliner, etc.), Buses (Volvo, Hino, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.) and even Trucks (Volvo, Dodge, Ford, Foton, Mack, etc.).
- CODING FOR OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE: With Autel MS908CV, Optimizing vehicle performance is not that hard! The 100% safe ECU Coding allows you to change options within the vehicle’s ECU to modify features for the tested vehicle. Note: Coding only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software. High Beams and Fog Lights Together Double Blink Hazards Digital Accurate MPH Gauge Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- SERVICE FUNCTIONS FOR FAST MAINTENANCE: You can complete a series of scheduled services and maintenance with only one MaxiSysCV. Free from the trouble of changing basic OBD2 scanners frequently to get related services. The most commonly performed service functions include Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, IMMO & Keys, Injector, Throttle and more.
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY: No fuss with complex operations! The user-friendly MaxiSysCV diagnostic tool reduces your fatigue. AutoVIN Scan allows you to check all the ECUs of the tested car in less than 1 seconds. Remote Desk Operation offers workshops a channel of controlling customers’ MaxiSys tablets for immediate technical support. Data/Shop Manager reduces the time spent on managing diagnostic files, workshop information, and more.
- POINTS FOR AFTER SERVICES: 1.About Quality: Autel MaxiSysCV is designed with advanced configuration (Android4.0 OS, Samsung Exynos 4-Core Processor, etc.) for smooth and reliable using. 2.About Warranty & Update: Within one year, Products with defectives in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge and It’s free to update the software at regular intervals to increase MS908CV’s capabilities. 3. About Service: Autel is ready to answer any questions 7* 24 hours.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
- AUTOMATIC SYSTEM Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via internet with instant remote control tech support anytime, anywhere and interactive Data Logging sessions enable direct contact with Autel
- ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS Support for first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors, and one-stop multitasking designed for ideal management of workshop operations to keep all data files, customer info, and vehicle records well organized
- UNIQUE ERGONOMIC DESIGN; with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- VXDIAG VCX Nano support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- We provide full time online support, if you have any questions about our device, please feel free to contact us online via ask us a question or send us email
- ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues. We welcome you to contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A for your specific need.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.12-month free updates，basic functions could still be used without updates.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance. To check compatibility, contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A, we will reply you in time.
- Multi-ADD ONS:This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras for vehicle’s electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces. We offer you a free ArtiBattery101, making you easily get the Battery Test Results. This car battery Tester is recommended by Soctty Kilmer and BestReviews. It can directly detect the battery data and give suggestions on whether to replace the battery. It also has cranking test and charging system test.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via [email protected]utelonline.com. Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
Last update on 2020-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API