NHTSA ID Number: 10150937
Manufacturer Communication Number: 15-199-16R
This bulletin announces reprogramming file availability and the software installation procedure to address a group of operational concerns received from the field and listed below involving the Clarion Display Audio unit with 6.2″ display.
22 Affected Products
This bulletin announces reprogramming file availability and the software installation procedure to address a group of operational concerns received from the field and listed below involving the Clarion Display Audio unit with 6.2” display. The procedure will involve downloading the applicable software update files from Subarunet then loading them onto a flash drive for audio unit installation.
- Audio unit freezes and restarts when inserting and removing USB memory (flash drive).
- CD player stops playing audio and / or elapsed time display freezes.
- While talking on a paired phone and using the Bluetooth feature, audio unit restarts when shifting into Reverse.
- Audio unit restarts when receiving a Bluetooth phone call. The display goes black and may be accompanied by a “popping” sound.
- White stripes or streaks appear on the display as shown below.
- Some earlier versions of iPod will not connect or operate through the audio unit.
- Deezer Music application inoperative, audio unit cannot connect to server.
- When listening to music from a USB drive, the elapsed play time counter stays at 0:00.
- When listening to music from a USB drive, the music plays normally but the screen display shows “Reading USB Memory”.
- In diagnostic mode, “USB: NG” is displayed even though a known good USB drive is plugged in.
- A black (blank) screen is displayed with only the EJECT button available. Normal operation is restored after cycling the ignition off and back on.
- When using the Magellan Navigation smartphone application (Release date 11/1/2016) for approximately 6 hours, the Bluetooth disconnects and the route guidance screen freezes. An error message screen displays asking the user to disconnect their mobile device, install the STARLINK application on their mobile device and try again along with three other connection-related messages.
- All the function keys such as the steering switch, hard keys on the head unit and touch panel (display) become inoperative after playing music for 3-4 hours using a Bluetooth-connected device and no input from any of the keys on that connected device. When this occurs, music continues to play normally but the display screen freezes.
NOTE: The following three conditions DO NOT occur when the voice command feature is switched off.
- When making a hands-free call using the voice command function, the ring-back tone is not heard from the speakers.
- When making a hands-free call using the voice command function, the user enters the number using the phone’s buttons but, a dial tone is not heard from the speakers.
- When receiving a call using the hands-free and voice command functions, the ringtone is not heard from the speakers.
- When using the ahaRadio feature, song title and artist information does not update after the previous song ends.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
New audio units with updated software were incorporated into production per the table below:
|Vehicle / Model||Faceplate ID Number||Starting VIN|
|Legacy||CB604UL, CB624UL, CB725UL, CB826UL||H*052498|
|Forester||CF617UL, CF658UL, CF759UL||H*495732|
|Impreza / Cross-trek||CM644UL, CM654UL, CM615UL, CM695UL, CM615UL, CM695UL||H*225334|
|WRX / STI||CV641UL, CV682UL, CV693UL||H*827200|
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
Step 1- Audio Unit, Software Version Number and Update File Identification Use the table below to:
- Identify the audio unit Faceplate ID Number and corresponding Reprogramming File Name
- Determine the Current and New (After Update) Software Version Numbers
The faceplate ID number is displayed near the lower left corner of the display as shown below.
|Model||Model Year||Faceplate ID Number||Software Version||Reprogramming File Name||Subarunet Link Title:|
|Target (Current)||New (AFTER Update)|
|Legacy & Outback||2015||CB604UL||Ver. 103 and below||Ver. 104||86201AL60A||2015MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB604UL Update File|
|CB624UL||86201AL62A||2015MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB624UL Update File|
|2016||CB725UL||Ver. 203 and below||Ver. 204||86201AL72A||2016MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB725UL Update File|
|2017||CB826UL||Ver. 403 and below||Ver. 404||86201AL82A||2017MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB826UL Update File|
|Impreza / Crosstrek||2015||CM644UL||Ver. 038 and below||Ver. 039||86201FJ640||2015MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM644UL Update File|
|CM654UL||86201FJ650||2015MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM654UL Update File|
|2016-17||CM615UL||Ver. 214 and below||Ver. 215||86201FJ610||2016-17MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM615UL Update File|
|CM695UL||86201FJ690||2016-17MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM695UL Update File|
|Forester||2016||CF617UL||Ver. 038 and below||Ver. 039||86201SG610||2016MY Forester Clarion DA CF617UL Update File|
|2017||CF658UL||Ver. 214 and below||Ver. 215||86201SG650||2017MY Forester Clarion DA CF658UL Update File|
|2018||CF759UL||86201SG750||2018MY Forester Clarion DA CF759UL Update File|
|WRX||2016||CV641UL||Ver. 037 and below||Ver. 038||86201VA640||2016MY WRX Clarion DA CV641UL Update File|
|2017||CV682UL||Ver. 214 and below||Ver. 215||86201VA680||2017MY WRX Clarion DA CV682UL Update File|
|2018||CV693UL||86201VA690||2018MY WRX Clarion DA CV690UL Update File|
|BRZ||2016||CA634UL||Ver. 013 and below||Ver. 014||86201CA630||2016MY BRZ Clarion DA CA634UL Update File|
|2017||CA645UL||Ver. 214 and below||Ver. 215||86201CA640||2017MY BRZ Clarion DA CA645UL Update File|
Step 2- Software Version Number Check
2-1: Switch the ignition and audio unit ON.
2-2: Press the HOME button.
2-3: Touch “SETTINGS” soft key on the HOME screen.
1 empty, USB 2.0 (do not use USB 3.0) storage device (flash drive) will be needed to perform the update procedure. The device should be dedicated to storing and transferring these updating files only. It must be a minimum of 2GB in size and contain a FAT32 file format before downloading the update files onto it. The following recommended and readily-available devices include: Verbatim® model# 97002, PQI® model# U273 and Kingston® model# DTSE9.
VERY IMPORTANT: Before attempting to download any data files, confirm the PC and flash drive you are using are not infected with any virus. The flash drive MUST be formatted for FAT32 following the steps below.
USB Flash Drive Formatting Procedure:
3-1: Install a flash drive into an available USB port on your PC (2GB minimum size).
3-2: Click Start (this is located in the lower left corner of the desktop screen) then, in the Search programs and files box, type “explorer”.
NOTE: On the SDS Notebook, press the My Documents button on the GUI Home Screen.
3-3: As the word “explorer” is typed, search results will start to appear. In the results, click on the “Windows Explorer” option under the Programs section.
3-4: In the next window, choose the Computer section on the left.
Locate “Removable Disk”
NOTE: Always confirm the device being formatted is the USB Flash Drive. This drive may have various names assigned to it by the manufacturer of the device and may not reflect the drive name given in this example.
3-7: Click “OK” when the following window appears.
3-8: The drive will start formatting and display this window when it is finished. Click “OK” to complete the process.
Step 4- File Download Procedure
All the Clarion update files are accessible for downloading from Subarunet under: Service>>Forms / Downloads>>click on the Downloads for Audio/Navi tab or by clicking on the following hyperlink:
4-1: After the USB flash drive has been formatted, the update file must be downloaded. Download the update file to your PC (or SDS Toughbook) from the Subarunet links. The screenshots below will take you through the steps required to get the selected update file onto your flash drive and ready to use.
NOTE: The radio station presets are retained during these updates.
4-2: Once the download is complete, locate the update file. If using a PC, go to the Windows Start screen, select “Computer” then click on “Downloads” (or press the “My Documents” button on the GUI home screen if you are using the SDS Toughbook). TIP: When the list of downloads is displayed, click on Date Modified and you can sort the list by the date they were added which will bring the most recently downloaded file to the top.
4-3: Plug the “clean” USB flash drive into the computer.
4-4: Double-click on the downloaded file. A file folder containing 3 update files will be shown using a part number as shown below.
4-5: Double-click on the part number (folder) to display the folder’s contents. Select all 3 files then either copy / paste or click / drag them over to the “clean” flash drive. In the example shown below, the flash drive is shown as: PKBACK# 001 (D:). Depending on the speed of the computer being used, this data transfer may take a few minutes. BE PATIENT.
4-6: Once the files have been successfully loaded onto the flash drive, proceed to Step 5.
- NEVER change the update file names after downloading them.
- NEVER save any other version update files on the same flash drive.
Step 5- Software Updating Procedure
NOTE: Because of the time it takes to perform these updates, Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) highly recommends connecting the Subaru Midtronics GR8 Diagnostic Battery Charger to the vehicle and utilizing the Power Supply Mode feature when performing these updates. Follow the procedure as outlined in document GR8-1100 on STIS for use of the GR8’s Power Supply Mode:
- Confirm all electrical loads such as lights, audio, HVAC, seat heaters, and rear defroster are all switched OFF before setting up for Power Supply Mode.
- Select the correct battery type (Flooded, AGM or AGM Spiral).
- Select the CCA which matches the vehicle’s battery (NOTE: OE and replacement batteries have different CCA ratings. Always confirm the battery rating before proceeding.)
- If the “Charge Battery” WARNING appears, the battery MUST be charged before attempting reprogramming.
- DO NOT connect the DSTi or SDI until the GR8 Power Supply mode has completed its battery test mode and the Charging Voltage has dropped to a steady 13.5 Volts on the display.
- If the GR8 “beeps” or the Status Light flashes, a diagnostic charge should be performed on the battery before proceeding further.
- Once Power Supply Mode reaches a steady 13.5 volts, connect the DSTi or SDI to the OBD connector and initiate the reprogramming process.
- Amperage will fluctuate based upon the vehicle’s demand for power. NOTE: If the voltage rises beyond 14V while programming is in process, the procedure will abort. This can indicate a need to test or charge the vehicle battery before any further attempt at programming.
This information is applicable to the Midtronics GR8 Diagnostic Battery Charger ONLY. It does not apply to any other brand / type of “generic” battery charger whatsoever. ONLY the GR8 and its Power Supply Mode feature has been tested and approved by SOA.
Once the GR8 is connected to the vehicle, as long as the battery is fully charged, it takes less than 3 minutes to boot-up the charger, select Power Supply Mode, and have the battery voltage stabilized and ready for reprogramming.
5-1: Switch the ignition and the audio unit OFF.
5-2: Insert the USB drive into the USB port.
5-3: Switch the ignition and the audio unit ON.
5-4: Press the HOME button.
5-5: Touch “SETTINGS” soft key on the HOME screen. The soft key may be inactive at first and take a few extra seconds to illuminate like the others.
- After the “Searching” screen changes to the “Start updating the program?” screen, press Yes to begin the updating process.
NOTE: If any of the three error screens shown below should appear after the “Searching” screen instead of the “Start updating” screen, check the USB flash drive by:
If there is no problem found with the USB flash drive, start over from 5-1.
5-7: Updating (File Transfer from USB Flash Drive)
- IMPORTANT: Do not remove the USB flash drive or turn the ignition off while software is updating. The updating procedure will take approximately 10-12 minutes to complete.
5-8: When the “Update Completed Successfully” screen is displayed, switch the ignition off and remove the USB flash drive. The newly-installed software will activate automatically the next time the ignition is switched ON.
5-9: Press the HOME button.
5-10: Touch “SETTINGS” soft key on the HOME screen.
Step 6- Software Version Number Check
To complete the procedure, perform Step 2 again confirming the Version Number is now the New (AFTER Update) number (or higher) shown in the table provided above in Step 1.
APPLICABILITY: 2015-2017MY Legacy and Outback
2015-2017MY Impreza and XV Crosstrek
SUBJECT: Reprogramming File Availability to Address
Operational Concerns with 6.2” Clarion Display
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Gold plan this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|Labor Description||Labor Operation #||Fail Code||Labor Time|
|CLARION DISPLAY AUDIO UNIT- SOFTWARE UP-DATE (INCLUDES VERSION CHECK)||A031-148||ZQT-48||0.6|
|CLARION DISPLAY AUDIO UNIT- SOFTWARE VERSION CHECK
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
- 【SHARE to SOCIAL MEDIA】 Share document/Photo to the social media directly.(Facebook,twitter and so on)
- 【PHOTO or CONTACT BACKUP at ONE CLICK】Every time you plug the flash drive in, use the free App to backup photos/video at one click ,which will be automatically stored into the flash drive.
- 【PERFECT to PROTECT INDIVIDUAL PRIVACY】Password protect your data safe on iPhone flash drive. Open TouchID and Password on setting to secure your whole storage, or Lock selected files with password.
- 【HIGH SPEED FILE TRANSFERS】Directly plugs into your lightning port and USB port; 80 MB/s reading and 40 MB/s writing speed in USB end. Makes files transmission much easier on the go.
- 【COMPATIBILITY 】iPhone 5 5s 6 6+ 6s 6s+ se 7 7+ 8 X; iPad (iOS 8.0 or higher), Computer OS Support Mac OS X v10.6+, Windows 7/8/10, Android Phone with OTG Function (not compatible with type c Port) .
- HIGH DATA TRANSFER SPEED USB 3.0 flash drive with read/write transfer speeds up to 70MB/s and 5MB/s respectively. Backward-compatible with USB 2.0 and transfer faster. Rear LED indicator lights while reading/writing
- SLIM FIGURE YET LARGE STORAGE Gum size usb flash drive with 64GB capacity, meet your needs of daily use on work, school, home and travelling for photos, music, videos, files storage and transfer
- PLUG AND PLAY Just plug the thumb drive then start data storage, backup and transfer between devices and locations. It supports Windows OS and compatible with PC, Laptop, TV, Car, Audio and etc
- SLEEK AND PRACTICAL DESIGN The memory stick’s hard plastic cover prevents rough treatment. Multiple colors for easy clarify. Cap protects USB plug and the rear easily attached loop prevents lost
- RELIABLE DATA STORAGE OPTION The Micro Center USB Flash Drive is constructed from quality components and strictly tested to offer well performance. Backed by 2 years warranty, giving you worry free use, a pen drive you can count on
- COMPACT FLASH DRIVE: Exceptionally compact Samsung FIT Plus USB flash drive for instant storage of your photos, videos, music, and files on laptops, tablets, TV’s, car audio systems, gaming consoles and more
- QUICK AND CONVENIENT READ SPEEDS: Redefine everyday file transfers with read speeds up to 300MB/s; USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- SEAMLESS FITTING RUGGED DESIGN: The seamless fit features a rugged metal casing for durability with key ring to prevent loss
- BUILT TO LAST RELIABILITY: Shock proof flash drive is also water proof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: 5-year limited warranty
- SUPER SAVER PACK - Includes 5 units of 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive packed in a compact and eco-friendly box
- LED INDICATOR DESIGN - The bottom of the usb drive has one red LED light.
- 360 TWIST AND TURN DESIGN - The Metal Clip rotates 360 around the ABS plastic body having a rubber oil finish. The Metal Clip is integrated with a key chain loop which helps you to protect your drive from getting lost.
- USAGE - Fast data transmission allows you to store all your important documents, images, videos, software, instruction manuals etc. in the thumb drive which will be available on the go and can be accessed from any device with USB slot.
- COMPATIBILTY AND INTERFACE - Supports almost all operating systems including Windows Windows 2000/7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/ME, Linux and MacOs 10.3 and above. No need to install any additional drivers to use to the flash drive. Compatible with USB 2.0 and backwards.
- [IPHONE DOWNLOAD ONTHE APP] -This new safe & free software, designed by engineer LUNANI flash drive for iphone. iphone flash drive support One-click Backup, iphone external storage support share pic/vid to social media, iphone picture stick support file encryption, and you can save directly to the photostick mobile for iphone when shooting video.
- [PLUG-AND-STAY IPHONE FLASH DRIVE] -photostick mobile for iphone is document viewer for all major file formats. Use iphone external storage playback the videos/music directly from external memory Stick. Use flash drive for iphone share your photos, videos, songs and other files between iphone picture stick with ease.
- [IPHONE EXTERNAL STORAGE HIGH] - iPhone flash drive read speeds up to 80MB/s. flash drive for iphone, picture stick, photostick mobile for iphone. speed USB 3.0 iphone picture stick for iphone that's ideal for adding more storage to laptops, game consoles, in-car audio and more.
- [IPHONE FLASH DRIVE COMPLIANT MORE DEVICES] - iphone picture stick with USB 3.0 specifications+flash drive for iPhone X、photostick mobile for iPhone 8 Plus、iPhone 8 flash drive、iPhone 7 Plus、iPhone 7、iPhone6S、iPhone6SPlus、iPhone SE、iPhone5S、iPhone6, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini, iPod, Android, Macbook, PC & laptops(iphone external storage not support type-c port)
- [BACKUP PICTURE/VIDEO/PHONEBOOK] -Every time use the iphone flash drive, Use flash drive for iphone, Open the software to backup photos/video/phonebook at one click,which will be automatically stored into the iphone external storage. Use iphone picture stick, The Password & Touch ID can encrypt file information in APP to protect your private files. photostick mobile for iphone backed by a 5-year limited warranty - ONLY for LUNANI Store.
- Are you tired of storing warnings on your mobile phone? Are you also worried about the lack of internal storage?
- It is a USB flash drive with three connectors that can transfer files for all Apple products. Multifunctional, small and large capacity storage is the first memory in the world that can transmit three connectors.
- XG flash disk 256GB you don't have to pay extra for additional storage, just insert it and enjoy the extra space of the device. XG flash drives are excellent solutions for transferring files, videos and pictures back and forth from the iPhone and iPad as well as computers.
- Lightning connectors work in most cases. USB 3.0 connectors can easily move content between devices. Flash stores also include encryption software for password-protected files, so you can share content while keeping sensitive files secure.-
- Compact equipment is suitable for almost anywhere. Store your favorite movies or TV programs from your computer on an XG flash drive and watch them anywhere and anytime. (compatible with the iPhone / iPod / iPad) Lightning interface and Apple license chip to ensure compatibility with any Lightning device 100Zs without annoying error messages
- Transfer speeds approximately 10 times faster than standard PNY USB 2.0 Flash Drives
- Store and transfer large files faster than ever with USB 3.0 technology
- Allows for quick and easy transfer of all content
- The 64GB Turbo USB 3.0 Flash Drive can hold approximately 11,837 songs
- Sliding collar, capless design with integrated loop makes it easy to attach to key chains, backpacks and etc
- 【ACCESS SECURITY】Lock Flash Drive via fingerprints and /or password on setting to secure your whole storage, or Lock selected files with password. Perfect to protect individual privacy
- 【FORMAT FRIENDLY STREAMING APP】The free APP supports all major video and music formats so you can stream directly from the iphone flash drive, Saving you precious space and time. Record videos and take photos directly to the iOS memory stick via APP
- 【Powerful Storage】 USB Storage Flash Drive, fast transfer speed, you can directly record your photo / video to the flash drive 128GB of external memory expansion, can quickly release the iPhone / iPad memory.
- 【One Touch backup】 Backup all contacts/images/audios/videos at one click.
- 【COMPATIBILITY】Ensure 100% compatible and can be used as iPhone 7 6 6s Plus 6 Plus 5s 5c flash drive, iPad Air Air 2 mini flash drive.
- [3-in-1 multi-port device] The iPhone flash drive is 256 GB with three ports: IOS, Android and USB 3.0; The IOS flash drive 256 GB is easy to transfer files, music, pictures and videos between the OTG smartphone memory stick, the iPAD external memory and the iphone, ipad, tablet computer Mac Book and most PCs, notebooks, MAC Book. iOS flash disk, USB 3.0 flash memory, and the iPhone driver. extend
- [Smart APP and Easy to Use] Once the device is inserted, the iOS flash drive of the iPhone flash drive can easily transfer/backup/copy files between the 256 GB of the iPhone flash drive and the device. Wireless Flash Driver 256GB Touch ID Encryption Jump Driver Thumb Driver Pen can share documents/photos directly with social media. (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). USB 3.0 Flash iPhone Drive
- [Stable and Fast File Transfer] The backup drive of the flash disk of the iPhone has a high-quality chip and a real full-capacity iPhone driver Memory Stick. All files are transferred to external storage USB 3.0 flash memory of the iPhone driver for stable transfer and viewing, and can be viewed at any time. The iPhone Flash Drive is suitable for the 256 GB IOS flash disk photo stick backup drive of the iPhone OTG smart phone memory stick.
- [Security and Protection Price] Memory Stick supports Touch ID / password encryption, which can protect data security on "application software"(iOS flash drive). iPhone flash drive 256 GB, Apple authentication chip, Open Touch ID and password settings protect the entire storage file on the iPhone's iOS flash drive, or lock the selected file with pasword.ipad external storage
- [After-sales service]: Our products will provide you with 100% satisfactory service, 18 months free warranty, quality problems, unconditional return. We are responsible for our products. We welcome your order, click on the RUIMFKJ store to see more related products, and thank you for your support.
Last update on 2020-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API