2017MY SUBARU STARLINK Safety and Security Owner’s Manual
Foreword – 2
Welcome to SUBARU STARLINK – 2
Enrolling in SUBARU STARLINK – 4
You Can Choose One of Two STARLINK Packages at Sign Up – 5
Getting Started and Setting SUBARU STARLINK Preferences – 6
Getting Started is Easy – 6
Setting Preferences, Remote Services and Monthly Vehicle Health Report – 7
Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) – 9
SUBARU STARLINK Packages and Features – 10
Accessing SUBARU STARLINK Features – Mobile App, MySubaru.com or by Phone – 11
MySubaru Mobile Application – includes STARLINK Remote Services – 11
Website – 12
Using Remote Services by Phone – 12
In-Car Application – 13
SUBARU STARLINK Features – 14
Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) – 14
SOS Emergency Assistance – 15
Using SOS Emergency Assistance – 15
Enhanced Roadside Assistance – 16
Using Enhanced Roadside Assistance – 16
Diagnostic Alerts – 17
Maintenance Notifications – 17
Monthly Vehicle Health Report – 18
Convenience – 19
Remote Door Lock/Unlock – 19
Remote Horn & Lights – 20
Remote Vehicle Locator – 21
Vehicle Security Alarm Notification – 22
Stolen Vehicle Recovery – 23
Index – 24
Troubleshooting – 25
FAQs – 26
Welcome to SUBARU STARLINK
For over 50 years, Subaru has been designing vehicles to help protect you and your passengers. Building on our long history of engineering safe vehicles, we are pleased to bring you SUBARU STARLINK vehicle technology, providing the feeling of security and peace of mind you’ve come to expect from Subaru.
SUBARU STARLINK uses the nationwide 4G LTE cellular network (where available). This technology is completely separate from your smartphone device and uses automatic roaming, optimizes connections and prioritizes emergency requests. Housed inside your vehicle, SUBARU STARLINK uses voice-response technology with the addition of a live assistance team for features such as Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance.
With the new SUBARU STARLINK features, you are able to:
- Receive automatic emergency assistance in the event of a collision
- Receive assistance contacting the authorities in the event your vehicle is stolen
- Remotely access vehicle features
- Receive monthly vehicle health reports
In addition, SUBARU STARLINK will keep you informed of your vehicle’s status via email.
Use your MySubaru account to monitor SUBARU STARLINK features and alerts. In order to do this, you will need to complete the enrollment details and set your preferences for SUBARU STARLINK. You can enroll via MySubaru.com (Refer to “Enrolling in SUBARU STARLINK – page4”). MySubaru also provides you access to selected remote features such as Remote Horn & Lights and Remote Vehicle Locator.
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- [2023 New Processor, Lifetime Free Update, No Subscription fee ] Faster! Stable! The CRP123X Elite car diagnostic scanner has a new processor, Android 7.0, 16GB of memory, 5-inch touchscreen (720P), 6100mAh rechargeable battery, One-touch Wi-Fi Lifetime Free update for more vehicle coverage, bug fixes,newly added parameters, and functionality to help you access, diagnose and fix more vehicles faster. SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- [Newly Added 3 RESET FUNCTIONS] 2023 New Ver. scan tool CRP123X Elite ADDS NEW SPECIAL FUNCTIONS--Throttle Adaptation, Oil Reset, SAS Reset. Before the trip to the mechanic, the launch crp123x elite can do deeper diagnosis for the car system and react with accurate data in minutes. Just Update the software of your CRP123X scanner, and you’ll get this high-end function at no charge.
- [Accurate & Intuitive Multi System Diagnosis] Will you be confused about what happens when the warning light of transmission, ABS, and SRS Airbag check engine flashes? Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis for your car instead of taking your car to the dealership, and will turn off the warning light for you after fixing the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- [Multiple Display of Live Data + DTC Code Definition Explanation] Launch car tools shows real-time data of oil temp, pressure, transmission temp, engine speed, coolant temperature, you will know which car part is abnormal. Data can be shown in a single, multi- graph, and merge two graphs for analysis（merge 4 PIDs in one). It’s convenient for car owners to purchase auto parts and replace it by yourself, 🔥Code Search,DTC Library provide massive information.
- [Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic&Wide Range of Vehicle Supported] Launch scanner autovin technology allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly (vehicle make, model, and year info), no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one (Some models need to type it in manually.)It has newest car software. This car code reader support vehicle like passenger car, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks, etc. produced by Asian, European, American, Indian, and more brands between 1996 and 2023.
- 【More Than a OBD Scanner】 Based on the NT301 FOXWELL Scanner, NT630 Plus takes OBD diagnostics to the next level by customizing all functions for ABS and SRS systems. From reading to resetting error codes, this srs abs scanner provides in-depth insights and the ability to reset services efficiently. Plug to the vehicle’s OBD2 port and follow the instructions to start diagnosis.
- 【NO.1 ABS Bleeder Scan Tool】 The brake pedal was always slowly sinking down or becoming loose? This abs brake bleeding scan tool will bleed the brake system by cycling the pump and valves to achieve a tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed can solve your issues. Refer to the step on the screen, even a beginner can do it.
- 【Not Only Error Code Erase】 Are you still pay for the reset functions one by one? The obd2 scanner with abs and srs can not only read car faults but also perform frequently required resetting services which other same priced scanners cannot do. Like airbag light reset/ SAS calibration/ Oil light reset and EPB service functions. This car scanner will make the components operates normally after part replaced and reset services.
- 【Also can Work like NT301】 The NT630 Plus car diagnostic scanner plugs to the OBD2 port directly. It scans all obd2 modules instantly, displays the live data, locates bad sensors and I/M readiness status before the annual inspection. Guides you to do the maintenance work, reduces the potential driving risk and keep a peak performance on the road.
- 【Complicate? Unreadable?】 Intuitive LCD display with clear operate instructions, even a beginner can diagnose the car faults with the NT630 Plus. Ergonomic Touch with anti-collision and anti-slip cover design, comfortable for daily car diagnose work. Unique button press sound will provide the overall tactile and visual experience to notice you a task has been completed or a command has been executed.
- 🎁 New Elite Version🎁 Easy to Use--Work out of Box🎁Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Lifetime Update🎁 5 YEARS Back Up.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.(Note: Does not work for other System and does not have Special services!)
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advanced OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams include the Engine Coolant Temperature, Long&Short Fuel Trim, the change of Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor , Throttle valve position , Generator load signal,Fuel Tank Pressure , Engine RPM, Intake Ait Temperature and so on; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your cars and pinpoint the root cause, which saves you time and money. It will t-urn off the warning light car after the problem is fixed.👉TIPS: Airbag crash/collision data can NOT be cleared even you replace the new airbag.
- 【5 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 【Multi-Function OBD2 Scanner】GODIAG GD203 code reader is a cost-effective products for your vehicle maintenance. This obd2 scanner does not only professional in checking the ABS/SRS systems, but also do a lot of special reset functions like Anti-lock Brake Reset, Electronic Park Brake Reset, Diesel Particulate Filter Reset, Oil Service Light Reset, TPMS, TPS/TBA, etc.
- 【ABS Bleeding Scan Tool】When the vehicle has replaced the ABS computer/ABS pump, replacing the brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake pipeline, and brake fluid, there may be air in the Car's ABS system. Our car diagnostic scanner can help you check for ABS bleeding, which you should perform the ABS bleeding to bleed the brake system to restore ABS braking sensitivity.
- 【ABS SRS Scan Tool】The function of airbags is to reduce the degree of injury to the people in the event of a vehicle collision. You need to check frequently whether the ABS SRS is functioning properly. Our code reader can help you find common airbag problems easily include: malfunctioning airbags, disconnected airbag wiring, and damaged airbag sensors.
- 【Oil Light Reset, EPA, SAS】If the brake pads are damaged, the brake pads should be replaced, and the brake pads need to be reset at the same time. When your car replaces the steering angle position sensor, the steering angle needs to be reset to find the relative zero where the car keeps driving straight. The oil light reset is required when the car oil or the mechanical parts that monitor oil life are replaced. Our obd2 scanner can do these jobs very well!
- 【Support 17 Languages and Multiple Car Models】Supported languages include English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai, Slovak, Dutch and Polish. This is a car scanner tool for ABS and SRS systems that supports most types of cars on the market. (Please Note: 28 special functions are excluded!)
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 【Buy with Confidence】 As a America's No.1 diagnostic tool brand, Innova stands for innovation, quality, and accessibility in the automotive diagnostic industry. we are known for developing cutting-edge diagnostic tools that are user-friendly, reliable, and made for US by Americans.
- 【Unleash Your Drive's Potential】Much more than a car code reader, the 6100P scanner effectively reads and erases engine, ABS, SRS, and transmission codes for popular US car makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the traction light is constantly on,the ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Your Car's Health Doctor】Easily view procedures or send commands for oil change, mileage or driving time reset for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. it also monitors your oil level and oil life status, ensuring optimal vehicle health.
- 【Your Car's Personal Battery Guru】The Innova 6100P scanner is perfect for assessing the performance of the battery or alternator in your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Drive with Confidence and Peace】Quickly identify if your vehicle needs immediate attention with our Code Severity Levels function. This feature helps you understand whether you need to fix an issue immediately or if it can wait until you get home, keeping warning lights at bay.
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- ABS/SRS OBD2 Scanner > Enjoy this ABS OBD2 code reader to reveal exact issues underlying in your brake, airbag, and engine systems, test individual ABS/SRS sensors, valves, or solenoids to quickly locate malfunctions (compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, USA Ford), making sure critical safety systems work in perfect harmony together against accidents to be safe than sorry. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
- 3 Most Needed Service Functions > This OBD2 scanner guides you through step by step procedures to reset oil service light and programmed mileage intervals for engine efficiency (Oil Reset); to calibrate steering wheel position for vehicle’s traveling in a straight line (SAS Reset); to clear the original low battery fault information against coming battery failures or damage (BMS Reset); saving your needless visits to mechanics.
- Full OBD2 Diagnostics > Say goodbye to the hassle of manual check-ups via this srs code reader. Quickly correct Check Engine Light warning on most OBD2/CAN compatible vehicles. Easily access to your smog status with one simple click I/M Readiness; and being filled with features for live data readings, freeze frame data, plus EVAP system, onboard monitor test means this scan tool checks all daily car care boxes.
- Work Easier > Red-Yellow-Green LEDs in this OBD2 scanner quickly show the overall DTC status without toggling through menu selections. HELP hotkey takes you directly to detailed descriptions/tips. Read/Erase DTC, I/M readiness shortcuts are added for optimized operation, along with DTC Lookup library for interpreting codes, designing the SRS OBD2 code reader a pleasure to use right out of the package even for beginners.
- Helpful Service > Get instant, free lifetime access to the most recent updates to add new car models and troubleshooting bugs making the OBD2 scanner a long-term investment for any home mechanics. The extended 1 years of quality assurance sweetens the worry-free deal even further. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
Last update on 2023-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
TM 3 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 Foreword 2 Welcome to SUBARU STARLINK . 2 Enrolling in SUBARU STARLINK 4 You Can Choose One of Two STARLINK Packages at Sign Up . 5 Getting Started and Setting SUBARU STARLINK Preferences 6 Getting Started is Easy. 6 Setting Preferences, Remote Services and Monthly Vehicle Health Report 7 Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) 9 SUBARU STARLINK Packages and Features 10 Accessing SUBARU STARLINK Features – Mobile App, MySubaru.com or by Phone 11 MySubaru Mobile Application – includes STARLINK Remote Services 11 Website. 12 Using Remote Services by Phone 12 In-Car Application 13 SUBARU STARLINK Features 14 Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) 14 SOS Emergency Assistance . 15 Using SOS Emergency Assistance 15 Enhanced Roadside Assistance 16 Using Enhanced Roadside Assistance. 16 Diagnostic Alerts 17 Maintenance Notifications . 17 Monthly Vehicle Health Report 18 Convenience 19 Remote Door Lock/Unlock. 19 Remote Horn & Lights . 20 Remote Vehicle Locator 21 Vehicle Security Alarm Notification 22 Stolen Vehicle Recovery . 23 Index . 24 Troubleshooting 25 FAQs. 26 Foreword 2 Foreword For over 50 years, Subaru has been designing vehicles to help protect you and your passengers. Building on our long history of engineering safe vehicles, we are pleased to bring you SUBARU STARLINK vehicle technology, providing the feeling of security and peace of mind you’ve come to expect from Subaru. SUBARU STARLINK is a technology that allows Subaru vehicles to send important information to help keep you and your vehicle safe. SUBARU STARLINK uses the nationwide 4G LTE cellular network (where available). This technology is completely separate from your smartphone device and uses automatic roaming, optimizes connections and prioritizes emergency requests. Housed inside your vehicle, SUBARU STARLINK uses voice-response technology with the addition of a live assistance team for features such as Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance. With the new SUBARU STARLINK features, you are able to: • Receive automatic emergency assistance in the event of a collision • Receive assistance contacting the authorities in the event your vehicle is stolen • Remotely access vehicle features • Receive monthly vehicle health reports In addition, SUBARU STARLINK will keep you informed of your vehicle’s status via email. Use your MySubaru account to monitor SUBARU STARLINK features and alerts. In order to do this, you will need to complete the enrollment details and set your preferences for SUBARU STARLINK. You can enroll via MySubaru.com (Refer to “Enrolling in SUBARU STARLINK – page4”). MySubaru also provides you access to selected remote features such as Remote Horn & Lights and Remote Vehicle Locator. Welcome to SUBARU STARLINK NOTE SUBARU STARLINK service is only available in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia. For complete details applicable to your SUBARU STARLINK subscription, please refer to the SUBARU STARLINK Service Agreement Terms and Conditions. Foreword 3 There are two ways to connect to SUBARU STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus services: − MySubaru Mobile Application − MySubaru.com Foreword 4 You can enroll in SUBARU STARLINK at your retailer or online at MySubaru.com. MySubaru is the Subaru owner website that allows you vehicle access to remote services, user preferences, diagnostic alerts and other useful features enabled by your STARLINK Safety Plus or STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus services. To enroll in STARLINK, you need to create an account at MySubaru.com. To create a MySubaru account, please visit MySubaru.com and select “Sign Up”. On the registration screen, you will be asked to provide basic information about you, such as your name and address as well as vehicle information. Enrolling in SUBARU STARLINK NOTE Please have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available, as you will need it to complete this step. After the enrollment process, you can learn more about the features in detail at MySubaru.com. Foreword 5 You Can Choose One of Two STARLINK Packages at Sign Up 1. STARLINK Safety Plus Package – Automatic Collision Notification (ACN), SOS Emergency Assistance and Enhanced Roadside Assistance 2. STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus – includes Safety Plus and adds security and remote services A free trial period of STARLINK Safety Plus is available for the first year of ownership starting on the vehicle’s original date of purchase. You are also eligible for 3 months of STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus including Remote Services during the first 90 days of ownership. NOTE Please refer to “SUBARU STARLINK Packages and Features – page10”. Foreword 6 Getting Started is Easy 1. Log into your MySubaru.com account. 2. Select “STARLINK™ Access” tab. Getting Started and Setting SUBARU STARLINK Preferences Foreword 7 Setting Preferences, Remote Services and Monthly Vehicle Health Report Under the “STARLINK™ Access” tab on your MySubaru account, select the “Account Settings”. There, you will find the setup preferences and notifications for your STARLINK equipped vehicle. − “Account Settings” can be found under your MySubaru account on the “STARLINK™ Access” tab. − “Account Settings” Foreword 8 If you have selected the STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus package, you will be required to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Log on to MySubaru and select “STARLINK™ Access” tab then select “STARLINK Profile/PIN”. Foreword 9 Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) In order to protect your privacy and vehicle information, a secure STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required to use many of the STARLINK features and the MySubaru Mobile App. • You will be asked to set your STARLINK PIN and security questions during the STARLINK enrollment process. • After enrollment, you can change your STARLINK PIN. Under the “STARLINK™ Access” tab on your MySubaru account page, select “STARLINK Profile/PIN”. Foreword 10 You have the choice of two packages: STARLINK Safety Plus or STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus SUBARU STARLINK Packages *This feature is available only at participating Subaru CareConnect retailers. SUBARU STARLINK Packages and Features STARLINK Features STARLINK Safety Plus STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus Safety • Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) • SOS Emergency Assistance • Enhanced Roadside Assistance Vehicle Maintenance and Diagnostic Services • Diagnostic Alerts • Maintenance Notifications* • Monthly Vehicle Health Report Security • Stolen Vehicle Recovery – • Vehicle Security Alarm Notification – Remote Services • Remote Door Lock/Unlock – • Remote Horn & Lights – • Remote Vehicle Locator – Foreword 11 MySubaru Mobile Application – includes STARLINK Remote Services MySubaru Mobile App allows you access to remote services and user preferences as well as other useful features enabled by your STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus services. You can download the MySubaru Mobile App to your compatible smartphone from the following sites: • iPhone® – Apple® App store • Android® – Google Play Store After downloading the MySubaru Mobile App to your smartphone, follow the instructions below to use the MySubaru Mobile App. • When running the application for the first time, you will need to enter your MySubaru email address and password for authentication. . Accessing SUBARU STARLINK Features – Mobile App, MySubaru.com or by Phone NOTE If you have multiple SUBARU STARLINK equipped vehicles, please select the vehicle you want to access from the drop-down menu located near the top of the application. Otherwise, after your first login, Remote Services will display the initial screen. Foreword 12 • Next, choose the Remote Service that you would like to use. – You can choose to send the command immediately or set a time delay • You must enter your STARLINK PIN (Refer to “Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) – page9”) • A status message displayed on your phone will indicate sending, waiting, or completed responses. If there is a network connection issue, you will be prompted to try your request again. • All features will be displayed on the “STARLINK™ Access” tab. Website MySubaru.com is your portal for information and remote services for your vehicle. Log on to MySubaru.com to access the following: • Preferences screen for STARLINK features • Your Monthly Vehicle Health Report • All STARLINK Remote Services Using Remote Services by Phone • In addition to using the MySubaru Mobile Application or MySubaru.com, you can call STARLINK to request remote services. • Dial 1-855-753-2495 • The interactive voice recognition system will require the following information: – The SUBARU STARLINK account holder’s primary phone number – Your STARLINK PIN NOTE Location based features are meant to give you a general location of you and your vehicle. GPS accuracy between your vehicle and smartphone device may vary. Foreword 13 • Controls for operating the STARLINK in-vehicle voice-response are located on the overhead console. • Press the SOS button for SOS Emergency Assistance* (Refer to “Using SOS Emergency Assistance – page15). • Press the i-button for Enhanced Roadside Assistance* (Refer to “Using Enhanced Roadside Assistance – page16”). • To cancel a SOS Emergency Assistance or Enhanced Roadside Assistance call, press and hold the same button for approximately 2 seconds. * In order to utilize these services, you must be an active STARLINK subscriber. In-Car Application NOTE • While the STARLINK service is in operation, the green status light on the overhead console will flash. If the STARLINK service is unable to connect in some cases, the red status light on the overhead console will illuminate. • During a call, your audio head unit will display a message, “Telematics Service in Progress.” You can end any STARLINK call by pressing and holding the same button used to start the call. Overhead console with EyeSight® Overhead console without EyeSight® SUBARU STARLINK Features 14 SUBARU STARLINK Features Upon receiving the Automatic Collision Notification, a STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will attempt to establish voice communication with the vehicle occupants and dispatch appropriate services. Your advisor will respond promptly, 24/7/365 via SUBARU STARLINK to determine the nature of the emergency. • If you are unable to answer, the advisor will let you know you that emergency assistance has been notified and is on its way. • The advisor will remain on the line until help arrives or until the vehicle’s battery loses power. * In order to utilize these services, you must be an active STARLINK subscriber. Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) NOTE • There are many types of collisions which might not necessarily require deployment of an SRS airbag. Please refer to your vehicle Owner’s Manual for more details. If you are involved in a collision in which the Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) is activated, you will receive an invehicle message stating that an airbag has deployed. However, depending upon the nature of the collision and the level of accident forces involved, airbag deployment may not always result. • The Automatic Collision Notification feature requires adequate cellular coverage and signal strength. This feature is only available in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and the District of Columbia. SUBARU STARLINK Features 15 In the event of an emergency other than the Automatic Collision Notification*, your SUBARU STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will be ready to assist you. Press the red SOS button on the overhead console to promptly connect to your advisor from anywhere in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and the District of Columbia. Using SOS Emergency Assistance • Press the red SOS button. • A STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will attempt to establish communication with you to ask about the nature of the emergency and then dispatch the appropriate emergency assistance. • If you are unable to answer, the advisor will let you know that emergency assistance has been notified and is on its way. • The advisor will remain on the line until help arrives or until the vehicle’s battery loses power. • To cancel SOS call, press and hold the red SOS button for approximately 2 seconds. * In order to utilize these services, you must be an active STARLINK subscriber. SOS Emergency Assistance NOTE The SOS Emergency Assistance feature requires adequate cellular coverage and signal strength. This feature is only available in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and the District of Columbia. Overhead console with EyeSight® Overhead console without EyeSight® SUBARU STARLINK Features 16 The Enhanced Roadside Assistance connects you directly with Subaru’s Roadside Assistance provider. Should you need assistance, STARLINK will know your exact GPS location coordinates and exactly where to find you. Roadside Assistance can help you with the following: − Jump starts − Emergency lockout service − Gasoline (up to 2 gallons) − Flat tire change − Minor fluid replacement Using Enhanced Roadside Assistance • Press the blue i-button. • A STARLINK Customer Care Advisor for Roadside Assistance will attempt to establish a voice communication with you to ask about the nature of the situation and then dispatch the appropriate roadside assistance to the scene. • With STARLINK, the advisor will be able to inform Roadside Assistance of your exact location. • To cancel an Enhanced Roadside Assistance call, press and hold the blue i-button for approximately 2 seconds. Enhanced Roadside Assistance NOTE Check your warranty for your Roadside Assistance coverage. Your retailer has full coverage details. Overhead console with EyeSight® Overhead console without EyeSight® SUBARU STARLINK Features 17 SUBARU STARLINK monitors critical vehicle systems. If a warning light illuminates on the dashboard, you will receive an email explaining the issue and how to resolve it. With more serious issues, you will be prompted to visit your local retailer. Maintenance Notifications* help to keep your Subaru vehicle in proper running condition. When your vehicle requires maintenance, you will be notified via email. This feature allows you to more easily maintain your vehicle, while helping to ensure that your vehicle receives the proper care at the proper time. *This feature is available only at participating Subaru CareConnect retailers. Diagnostic Alerts NOTE SUBARU STARLINK email notifications are sent at scheduled intervals daily. Notifications times may vary. Not all warning light conditions will result in an email notification. Maintenance Notifications SUBARU STARLINK Features 18 Once a month, you will receive an email from SUBARU STARLINK reporting on your vehicle’s systems. The Monthly Vehicle Health Report will be available approximately 30 days after your new Subaru vehicle purchase. You will begin receiving comprehensive diagnostic evaluation involving most aspects of your vehicle’s performance (e.g., systems check, mileage attained, future maintenance, etc.). • To review the report online, log on to MySubaru.com, select the “STARLINK™ Access” tab and then select “Reports” in the sub-menu. Monthly Vehicle Health Report NOTE Actual Monthly Vehicle Health Report content may vary depending on vehicle and equipment. A link within the email will take you to your MySubaru.com to view the full report. 19 Convenience With the Remote Door Lock/Unlock feature, you can lock or unlock your vehicle door from virtually anywhere by using the MySubaru Mobile App, MySubaru website, or dialing a toll-free number. In order to use this feature, a STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required. To create or change your STARLINK PIN, log on to www.MySubaru.com (Refer to “Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) – page9”). To Activate Remote Door Lock/Unlock by the MySubaru Mobile App: • Select “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” • Set a time delay, if desired • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command will be sent to your vehicle • Your door will then be unlocked or locked By website: • Log on to MySubaru.com • Select the “STARLINK™ Access” tab • Select “Remote Services”, then Remote Door Lock/Unlock • Set a time delay, if desired • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command will be sent to your vehicle • Your door will then be unlocked or locked By phone: Dial toll-free 1-855-753-2495 and follow the voice prompts *For models without push-button start systems Remote Door Lock/Unlock NOTE This feature will not work under the following conditions: • Key is in the ignition* • Ignition is ACC or ON • Vehicle is moving • Any vehicle door / tailgate or trunk is ajar • After 14 days from the last time the vehicle was started • Weak signal area NOTE After unlocked using the Remote Door Lock/Unlock function, the doors will be locked automatically if any door or rear gate is not opened within 60 seconds. A notification buzzer will sound approximately 5 seconds before automatic locking. Convenience 20 When unsure of where you parked your vehicle, you can remotely activate your lights or the horn and lights through your MySubaru Mobile App on your smartphone. To Activate Remote Horn & Lights by the MySubaru Mobile App: • Select “HORN & LIGHTS” • Set a time delay, if desired • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command to flash your vehicle’s lights, or flash the lights and activate the horn will be sent to your vehicle • Your lights or the horn and lights will be activated By website: • Log on to MySubaru.com • Select the “STARLINK™ Access” tab • Select “Remote Services”, then Remote Horn & Lights • Set a time delay, if desired • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command to flash your vehicle’s lights, or flash the lights and activate the horn will be sent to your vehicle • Your horn and/or lights will be activated By phone: Dial toll-free 1-855-753-2495 and follow the voice prompts. Remote Horn & Lights NOTE This feature will not work under the following conditions: • Ignition is ON • Vehicle is moving • After 14 days from the last time the vehicle was started • Weak signal area Convenience 21 You can quickly and easily find the specific location of your vehicle using the Remote Vehicle Locator. To Activate Vehicle Locator via MySubaru Mobile App: • Select “LOCATE VEHICLE” • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command will be sent to your vehicle • Your vehicle will then be located on the map By website: • Log on to MySubaru.com • Select the “STARLINK™ Access” tab • Select “Remote Services”, then Remote Vehicle Locator • Enter your STARLINK PIN • The command will be sent to your vehicle • Your vehicle will then be located on the map By phone: Dial toll-free 1-855-753-2495 and follow the voice prompts. Remote Vehicle Locator NOTE This feature will not work under the following conditions: • After 14 days from the last time the vehicle was started • GPS signal is not available • Weak signal area Convenience 22 Your SUBARU STARLINK system will automatically notify you when your security alarm is activated. This feature will automatically notify any preselected persons of your choice by automated phone call, text messaging, or email. You can update this preference on your MySubaru account. Vehicle Security Alarm Notification NOTE This feature will not work under the following conditions: • After 14 days from the last time the vehicle was started • GPS signal is not available • Weak signal area 23 Stolen Vehicle Recovery If your Subaru vehicle is ever stolen, you can get extra peace of mind knowing that a SUBARU STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will work with local law enforcement to help attempt to recover your vehicle. Once a police report is filed, a STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will help provide the authorities with relevant location information to assist in the recovery of your vehicle. • In order for this service to be activated, you must first file a police report and then inform STARLINK of the theft of your vehicle, call 1-855-753-2495 • STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will come online to assist you • The advisor will ask you to verify your name, phone numbers, and provide verification that a police report has been filed, including the case number • STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will initiate a stolen vehicle recovery signal to pinpoint the vehicle’s location and will coordinate with local law enforcement department to assist its recovery NOTE For your own safety, you should NEVER use this feature to locate your vehicle on your own if it has been stolen. The Stolen Vehicle Recovery feature should be used instead. Your local law enforcement department will inform you of the vehicle’s disposition. NOTE This feature will not work under the following conditions: • After 14 days from the last time the vehicle was started • GPS signal is not available • Weak signal area Index 24 Index Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) .14 Diagnostic Alerts 17 Enhanced Roadside Assistance.16 FAQs 26 Maintenance Notifications 17 Monthly Vehicle Health Report.18 Remote Door Lock/Unlock .19 Remote Horn & Lights20 Remote Vehicle Locator .21 Setting or Changing your SUBARU STARLINK Personal Identification Number (PIN) .9 SOS Emergency Assistance 15 Stolen Vehicle Recovery 23 SUBARU STARLINK Packages and Features.10 Troubleshooting25 Vehicle Security Alarm Notification 22 25 Troubleshooting If there is a problem with SUBARU STARLINK, start by checking the table below. Symptom Possible Cause Solution The system is unable to connect to SUBARU STARLINK when you press the SOS button or i-button. A subscription to the SUBARU STARLINK service has not been established. Sign up for a subscription to the SUBARU STARLINK service. The telecommunications line is experiencing higher than normal call volume. Terminate the call and try again later. The vehicle is in a location where it is difficult to receive cellular network signal. If possible, move the vehicle to an area where the signal strength may be better and communication will be restored. The call connection is interrupted or the call connection with a STARLINK Customer Care Advisor is interrupted. The telecommunications line or location of the base station could be out of signal range. This is not a malfunction. If possible, move the vehicle and try again. Red Status light on the overhead console is illuminated. A system malfunction has occurred. (Short circuit or disconnection of the connector, etc.) Contact your Subaru Retailer for an inspection. Status light does not illuminate on the overhead console. A subscription to the SUBARU STARLINK service has not been established. Sign up for a subscription to the SUBARU STARLINK service. FAQs 26 FAQs What is SUBARU STARLINK? SUBARU STARLINK is your in-vehicle technology that provides hands-free connectivity, entertainment, and the security you need to keep you and your vehicle safe. There are two ways to connect using your smartphone. − Entertainment services can be accessed via the SUBARU STARLINK Mobile App − STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus Remote Services can be accessed via the MySubaru Mobile App If your vehicle is STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus enabled, you can connect with a STARLINK Customer Care Advisor via your SOS button or ibutton on your overhead console. SOS/i-button Connection with a Customer Agent is not limited to STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus. What do the buttons on my overhead console do? The SUBARU STARLINK buttons: • Provide access to a SUBARU STARLINK Customer Care Advisor – Pressing the red SOS button connects users with a live advisor who can provide emergency assistance • Provide access to Subaru Roadside Assistance – Pressing the blue i-button connects you to Subaru Roadside Assistance. Will SUBARU STARLINK use my smartphone connection to provide me emergency assistance? SUBARU STARLINK allows you to use both SOS Emergency Assistance and Enhanced Roadside Assistance functions without the use of your smartphone. However, all STARLINK Remote Access features do require using your smartphone or MySubaru.com to activate remote services. FAQs 27 Why do I need to download the mobile apps to my smartphone? What is the difference between the SUBARU STARLINK App and MySubaru App? Downloading either the SUBARU STARLINK App or MySubaru App allows you to bring content from your smartphone into your vehicle, while keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road. The SUBARU STARLINK App is your link to SUBARU STARLINK in-vehicle technology that offers cloud services via your smartphone and cellular network data plan. It provides hands-free connectivity and entertainment for your next adventure. The MySubaru App allows you access to remote services, user preferences, diagnostic alerts and other great features enabled by your subscription of STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus services. What are the SUBARU STARLINK Safety Plus and SUBARU STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus packages? SUBARU STARLINK Safety Plus gives you peace of mind in case an emergency occurs when you are in your vehicle. SUBARU STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus adds STARLINK Remote Services like Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Remote Vehicle Locator giving you the added security of knowing that help is there if you need it. How does Enhanced Roadside Assistance work? Pressing the blue i-button enables your Enhanced Roadside Assistance working in conjunction with your vehicle’s Subaru Roadside Assistance coverage 24/7/365. No matter where you are, your STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will know your exact GPS location and will be able to send help. What is the Monthly Vehicle Health Report? Once a month, SUBARU STARLINK will email you a report on the status of your key vehicle systems. A link within the email will take you to MySubaru to view the report in full so you can always be aware of your vehicle’s health. 28 What do I do if I forgot or want to update my PIN? Log in to MySubaru and click on the “STARLINK Access” tab, select “STARLINK Profile/PIN”. How do I contact a SUBARU STARLINK Customer Care Advisor? If you have any questions about SUBARU STARLINK, please call a STARLINK Customer Care Advisor at 1-855-753-2495. What smartphones are compatible with the MySubaru mobile app? Please go to www.Subaru.com/STARLINK to check for the most current list of supported devices. How does Stolen Vehicle Recovery work with local law enforcement to help recover my Subaru vehicle? If your Subaru vehicle is stolen, you will need to first file a police report with local law enforcement. The SUBARU STARLINK Customer Care Advisor will need a police report number to help local law enforcement find the location of your vehicle. How do I change my notifications email or phone number? Log in to MySubaru.com, select your vehicle and click on “STARLINK Access tab” and choose “Account settings”. You can modify the notification to be one of the following; phone, email or text. Additional phone numbers can also be added. What kind of warranty coverage does SUBARU STARLINK have? SUBARU STARLINK equipment is covered under the 3-Year/36,000-Mile Subaru Limited Warranty. FAQs 29 The information contained in this SUBARU STARLINK manual was correct at the time of printing. However, specifications and equipment can change without notice. Subaru reserves the right to change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Some vehicles are equipped with optional equipment. Specifications apply to U.S. vehicles only. Please contact your Subaru Retailer for current specifications.