2023 BRZ Owner’s Manual
Table of Contents
|Seat, Seatbelt and SRS Airbags||29||Chapter 1|
|Keys and Doors||93||Chapter 2|
|Instruments and Controls||123||Chapter 3|
|Climate Control||197||Chapter 4|
|Interior Equipment||211||Chapter 6|
|Starting and Operating||221||Chapter 7|
|Driving Tips||289||Chapter 8|
|In Case of Emergency||301||Chapter 9|
|Appearance Care||331||Chapter 10|
|Maintenance and Service||337||Chapter 11|
|Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects||393||Chapter 13|
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 🚘【ABS & SRS SYSTEMS DIAGNOSES FREE】Thinkcar SF100 OBD2 Scanner supports 2 main system diagnostics, including Air Bag and ABS system. ✔ Anti-Brake System Diagnosis (ABS): Retrieve ABS codes to tell you where the problem is, then you can fix it. ✔ Airbag System Diagnosis (SRS): A safety restraint system, is made up of impact sensors, a control module, and the airbags themselves. This diagnostic device can detect every electronic parameter to check its health status.
- 🚗【FULL 10 OBDII DIAGNOSIS FREE】This check engine code reader supports 10 modes of OBDII diagnostic functions-Read codes, Erase codes, On-board monitor test, I/M readiness, Vehicle live data, Freeze frame data, Auto VIN information, O2 Monitor Test, EVAP Monitor Test, DTCs Lookup. It helpful for quick analysis and diagnosis, providing solutions, saving time and money.
- 👍【EPB & OIL RESET FREE】Optional Paid Subscription Service Resets: Throttle Matching, Battery Matching,ABS Bleeding,EPB Reset,DPF Regeneration,TPMS Reset(NOT TPMS programming),Airbag Reset,Gear Learn, Etc. $29.95/one/ year. 👉 NOTE: The reset function is not applicable to all vehicles. Please send us the VIN number to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 🚗【Various vehicle coverage + 8 languages】Thinkcar ThinkScan SF100 car scanner diagnostic car diagnostic tool supports vehicles under the OBD2 agreement after 1996, covering a wide range of vehicles in Asia, Europe and the United States, with a wide coverage. 💜SUPPORT 8 LANGUAGES💜： English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Japanese, German, Italian.
- ✅【 SUPPORT DIAGNOSIS REPORT 】This code reader can easily generate vehicle health diagnosis report, scan the QR code to print the diagnosis report. Simple and convenient, save time and efficiency for your car diagnosis.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will t-urn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advance OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Free Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- 🏆【TOP ABS SRS OBD2 SCANNER for CAR】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Emergency code diagnosis for ABS SRS Airbag modules;2️⃣ABS Airbag Light & Sensor Reset Tool: Reset & sensor calibrate after repairing the faults;3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate & command ABS/SRS/Airbag components;4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanner: Covers all obd2 functions for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data even replace the new airbag. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🥇【NO.1 ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Have you always feel the Brake pedal was slowly sinking to floor or the pedal was loose than the new vehicle? This abs brake auto bleed scan tool will bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a high and tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds of service fees to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles support auto abs bleeder.
- 👍【Cost Less than $150 to Own a ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】It’s so valuable to own one with active test feature that never can not find on similar abs scanner. This abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test hidden issues, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
- 🚦【Awesome Function for ABS SRS AIRBAG】 No auto scanner less than $400 in the market can do these. If you feel headache on choosing abs srs scan tool which not only read code but also has depth functions, do not miss this abs scanner airbag code reader. This car scanner will scan, pin-point the problem down and tell you what the possible issues, no need to replace one by one, and it also initialize/reset/calibrate the new sensor/module after repairing.
- 🌈【SAS CALIBRATION & AIRBAG LIGHT RESET】 🚩🚩🚩NOTE: Before resetting airbag, please make sure the software version is V4.02.001(NOT support crash codes). Reading the airbag faults when the light was on and help you to reset the error codes after solving the faults. Also runs calibration of the steering angle sensor,which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, the fault is automatically cleared.
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 🚩2023 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key help to check engine issue. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life status】it easy to view the procedures or send command for resetting oil maintenance or resetting the mileage or driving time to zero after the maintenance for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and oil life status.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- 🚙【2023 Upgraded Version of AL319/ AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel AL519, ML519, AL319, MS309. This Auel AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS modules and supports Full 10 Modes of OBDII Functions with Enhanced Mode 6 on Worldwide Vehicles to read/ erase codes and turn off the MIL, reset ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and get your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🚙【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostic】If you accidentally trigger an ABS light or airbag light, AL619 can tell you what is making them on. AL619 scan tool can perform ABS/SRS diagnostic to get ABS/SRS codes to quickly locate the problem areas, replace bad parts or make repairs, clear the codes and turn off the warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015, and functions are not universal. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 🚙【Full OBD2 Functions & Numerous DTC Lookup】Only a scanner equipped with full OBD2 capability will help you most effectively! AL619 scanner can perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission-related conditions, including: read code, clear code, view live data, freeze frame data, vehicle info, check I/M readiness status, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, EVAP leak test, modules present. Built-in DTC Library can directly search DTC meaning, no need to google or guess it.
- 🚙【Accurate Read & Clear DTCs】Getting diagnostic codes(DTCs) is necessary before repairs if you don't want to be ripped off. AL619 can read codes and clear codes, helping you save trouble:1)before repairs, locate issues and decide whether to fix them yourself or go to a mechanic; 2)after repairs, make sure the issues have been fixed; 3) clear occasional fault codes, turn off CEL or MIL, and get car back to normal.
- 🚙【Turn Off CEL & Smog Check】The Check Engine Light is always annoying you, most of the time because of a little thing like a loose gas cap, isn't it? With AL619 scan tool, you can read code to quickly find out why the check engine light is on and reset it. Don’t waste money on a failed smog test! AL619 can retrieve I/M Readiness status to make sure OBD2 monitors on your car are “Ready”, monitors like misfire, fuel, catalyst, O2 sensors, EVAP, etc, to help you pass the annual smog check.
Last update on 2023-05-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Specifications 12 Specifications 12-1. Specifications380 Dimensions .380 Engine380 Fuel 381 Engine Oil381 Manual Transmission and Differential Gear Oil.383 Fluids.383 Engine Coolant .384 Electrical System385 Tires.385 Brake Pedal .385 Brake Disc.386 Brake Pad386 12-2. Bulb Chart387 Safety Precautions 387 Bulb Chart 388 12-3. Vehicle Identification 390 12-4. Function Settings391 Function Settings and Adjustments on the Center Information Display. 391 Individual Settings and Adjustments Excluding Center Information Display and Combination Meter Display (Color TFT). 391 Function Settings and Adjustments Performed by a Dealer . 391 380 Specifications 12-1. Specifications These specifications are subject to change without notice. ■Dimensions in (mm) *1:Measured with vehicle empty AT: Automatic transmission MT: Manual transmission RWD: Rear Wheel Drive ■Engine Item Dimensions Drive system RWD Transmission type AT MT Overall length 167.9 (4265) Overall width 69.9 (1775) Overall height 51.6 (1310) Wheelbase 101.4 (2575) Tread Front 59.8 (1520) Rear 61.0 (1550) Ground clearance*1 5.1 (130) Engine model FA24 (2.4 L, DOHC, non-turbo) Engine type Horizontally opposed, liquid cooled 4 cylinder, 4-stroke gasoline engine Displacement cu-in (cc) 146 (2,387) Bore × Stroke in (mm) 3.70 × 3.39 (94.0 × 86.0) Specifications 381 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – ■Fuel *1: For details, refer to “Fuel” P223. ■Engine Oil For the checking, adding and replacing procedure or other details, refer to “Engine Oil” P346. NOTE The procedure for changing the engine oil and oil filter should be performed by a properly-trained expert. It is recommended that you have this service performed by your SUBARU dealer. ▼Approved engine oil Always use the SUBARU approved engine oil. For further details, please contact your SUBARU dealer. If the approved engine oil is unavailable, use the alternative engine oil described on the next page. ▼Alternative engine oil If the SUBARU approved oil is unavailable, the following alternative oil can be used. NOTE Each quantity indicated is only a guideline. The necessary quantity for replacement may differ slightly depending on the temperature and other factors. In choosing an oil, you want the proper quality and viscosity, as well as one that will enhance fuel economy. Oils of lower viscosity provide better fuel economy. However, in hot weather, oil of higher viscosity is required to properly lubricate the engine. The following table lists the recommended viscosities and applicable temperatures. Compression ratio 12.5 : 1 Firing order 1 – 3 – 2 – 4 Fuel requirement*1 Unleaded gasoline with 93 AKI (98 RON) or higher Fuel tank capacity 13.2 US gal (50 liters, 11.0 Imp gal) Engine model FA24 (2.4 L, DOHC, non-turbo) 382 Specifications When adding oil, different brands may be used together as long as they are the same API classification and SAE viscosity as those recommended by SUBARU. Oil grade SAE viscosity No. and applicable temperature Engine oil capacity API (American Petroleum Institute) classification SN with the words “RESOURCE CONSERVING”, SN PLUS with the words “RESOURCE CONSERVING” or SP with the words “RESOURCE CONSERVING” or ILSAC (International Lubricant Specification Advisory Committee) GF-5 or GF-6A which can be identified with the ILSAC certification mark (Starburst mark) 0W-20 synthetic oil is the required oil for optimum engine performance and protection. Conventional oil may be used if synthetic oil is unavailable. *: If 0W-20 synthetic oil is not available, 5W-30 conventional oil may be used if you need to add oil. However, you should change to 0W-20 synthetic oil at the next oil change. Adding the oil from low level to full level: 1.1 US qt (1.0 liter, 0.9 Imp qt) Changing the oil: 5.1 US qt (4.8 liters, 4.2 Imp qt) Changing the oil and oil filter: 5.3 US qt (5.0 liters, 4.4 Imp qt) ZOM0886 ZOM0293 ZOM0294 0W-20* -30 -20 -10 0 10 20 30 40 -20 0 20 40 60 80 100 Specifications 383 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – ■Manual Transmission and Differential Gear Oil *1: The indicated oil quantity is only a guideline. The necessary quantity for replacement may differ slightly depending on the temperature and other factors. After refilling the gearbox with oil, the oil level should be checked. *2: For more details about maintenance and service, refer to the indicated section. *3: The vehicle is filled at the factory. *4: This type of manual transmission oil can be used. However, using this type of oil will increase fuel consumption. If oil other than “Manual Transmission Gear Oil LV 75W” is used, the following may be experienced: The overall performance and function of the transmission may be adversely affected. Rattling noises may occur during idling and fuel consumption may increase. Never use different brands together. *5: Using a differential gear oil other than “Differential Gear Oil LX” may cause noise, vibrations and increased fuel consumption. Never use different brands together. ■Fluids Oil Manual transmission oil Differential gear oil Oil grade Manual Transmission Gear Oil LV 75W*3 API GL-4 SAE 75W*4 Differential Gear Oil LX*3 Other gear oil that meets API GL-5 SAE 75W-85 or GL-5 SAE 75W- 90 specifications*5 Oil capacity*1 2.3 US qt (2.2 liters, 1.9 Imp qt) 1.22 US qt (1.15 liters, 1.01 Imp qt) Remarks*2 “Manual Transmission Oil” P353 “Differential Gear Oil” P353 Fluid Fluid type*1 Fluid capacity*2 Remarks*3 Automatic Transmission Fluid (AT models) ATF WS 7.9 US qt (7.5 liters, 6.6 Imp qt) “Automatic Transmission Fluid” P352 Brake fluid FMVSS No. 116, DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid ― “Brake Fluid” P353 Clutch fluid (MT models) FMVSS No. 116, DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid ― “Clutch Fluid (MT models)” P354 384 Specifications *1: Use one of the indicated types of fluid. *2: The indicated fluid quantity is only a guideline. The necessary quantity for replacement may differ slightly depending on the temperature and other factors. *3: For more details about maintenance and service, refer to the indicated section. ■Engine Coolant The indicated coolant quantity is only a guideline. The necessary quantity for replacement may differ slightly depending on the temperature and other factors. For more details about maintenance and service, refer to “Cooling System” P348. Vehicle model Coolant capacity Coolant type AT models 8.1 US qt (7.7 liters, 6.8 Imp qt) SUBARU SUPER COOLANT MT models 7.8 US qt (7.4 liters, 6.5 Imp qt) Specifications 385 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – ■Electrical System ■Tires *1: If equipped *2: This torque is equivalent to applying approximately 88 to 110 lbf (40 to 50 kgf) at the end of the wheel nut wrench. If you have tightened the wheel nuts by yourself, have the tightening torque checked at the nearest automotive service facility as soon as possible. For the wheel nut tightening procedure, refer to “Changing a Flat Tire” P303. ■Brake Pedal in (mm) *: Minimum value when pedal is operated with a force of 67.4 lbf (300 N, 30.6 kgf) while the engine is running. Battery type U.S. spec and Canada spec models 75D23L Except U.S. spec and Canada spec models 55D23L Alternator 12 V-150 A Spark plugs ZXE27HBR8 (DENSO) Tire size 215/45R17 87W 215/40R18 85Y Wheel size 17 × 7 1/2J 18 × 7 1/2J Pressure Front 35 psi (240 kPa, 2.4 kgf/cm2 Rear ) Spare tire*1 Size ― 215/40R18 85Y Pressure ― 35 psi (240 kPa, 2.4 kgf/cm2) Wheel nut tightening torque 88.5 lbf·ft (120 N·m, 12.2 kgf·m)*2 Pedal clearance 2.91 (74)* Pedal free play 0.02 – 0.06 (0.5 – 1.5) 386 Specifications ■Brake Disc If you need information on the usage limit value of brake discs and the method for measuring them, we recommend that you consult your SUBARU dealer. ■Brake Pad in (mm) Brake pad wear limit 0.06 (1.5) Bulb Chart 387 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – 12-2. Bulb Chart ■Safety Precautions WARNING Bulbs may become very hot while illuminated. Before replacing bulbs, turn off the lights and wait until the bulbs cool down. Otherwise, there is a risk of sustaining a burn injury. CAUTION Replace any bulb only with a new bulb of the specified wattage. Using a bulb of different wattage could result in a fire. 388 Bulb Chart ■Bulb Chart NOTE Lights indicated by letters are the LED (Light Emitting Diode) type. Consult your SUBARU dealer for replacement. A C 2 E J I 5 4 3 H G F B 1 D C00473 Bulb Chart 389 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – Wattage Bulb No. 1) Map lights 12 V-8 W ― 2) Trunk light 12 V-3.8 W SAE #194 3) Backup lights 12 V-16 W W16W 4) Door step lights (If equipped) 12 V-5 W W5W 5) Vanity mirror lights (If equipped) 12 V-2 W ― A) Front turn signal lights ― ― B) Low and high beam headlights ― ― C) High-mounted stop light ― ― D) License plate lights ― ― E) Rear side marker lights ― ― F) Tail and stop lights ― ― G) Stop lights ― ― H) Rear turn signal lights ― ― I) Front side marker lights ― ― J) Front position lights ― ― Daytime running lights ― ― 390 Vehicle Identification 12-3. Vehicle Identification 8 7 6 2 3,6 4 5 1 C00538 1) Vehicle identification number under the floor carpet of the right-hand front seat 2) Emission control label 3) Certification and bar code label (if equipped) 4) Tire inflation pressure label (vehicle placard) 5) Vehicle identification number label 6) Model number label (if equipped) 7) Fuel label 8) Air conditioner label Function Settings 391 Specifications 12 – CONTINUED – 12-4. Function Settings ■Function Settings and Adjustments on the Center Information Display Setting adjustments can be manually changed within the center information display to meet your personal requirements. Refer to “Center Information Display (CID)” P160. ■Individual Settings and Adjustments Excluding Center Information Display and Combination Meter Display (Color TFT) For setting adjustments to the following items, refer to the appropriate page for details. ■Function Settings and Adjustments Performed by a Dealer Item Function Available settings Factory default setting Page Alarm system Alarm system Operation/Non-operation Non-operation 115 Remote keyless entry system Audible signal Operation/Non-operation Operation 110 Item Function Available settings Factory default setting Keyless access with push-button Audible signal volume Level 1 to 7 Level 5 Trunk open without key ON/OFF ON Remote keyless entry system Remote keyless entry system Operation/Non-operation Operation Panic function Operation/Non-operation Operation Vehicle finder function Operation/Non-operation Operation Remote trunk open function*1 Operation of trunk opening by access key fob Non-operation/Pressing twice/Pressing and holding Pressing and holding Key lock-in prevention Key lock-in prevention Operation/Non-operation Operation Battery drainage prevention function Battery drainage prevention function Operation/Non-operation Operation Auto dimmer cancel Sensitivity of the operation of the auto dimmer cancel OFF/Min/Low/Mid/Hi/Max Mid 392 Function Settings *1: If equipped *2: For U.S. spec. models Daytime running light system*2 Daytime running light system Operation/Non-operation Operation High beam assist function*1 High beam assist function Operation/Non-operation Operation Illumination Operation when the doors are unlocked Operation/Non-operation Operation Operation after the engine switch is turned off Operation/Non-operation Operation Interior light illumination upon approach Operation/Non-operation Operation Interior light illumination Operation/Non-operation Operation Active sound control Active sound control Operation/Non-operation Operation Item Function Available settings Factory default setting Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13-1. For U.S.A394 13-2. Tire Information.394 Tire Labeling .394 Recommended Tire Inflation Pressure.396 Glossary of Tire Terminology397 Tire Care – Maintenance and Safety Practices 401 Vehicle Load Limit – How to Determine .402 Determining Compatibility of Tire and Vehicle Load Capacities404 Adverse Safety Consequences of Overloading on Handling and Stopping and on Tires404 Steps for Determining Correct Load Limit .404 13-3. Uniform Tire Quality Grading Standards 405 TREADWEAR . 405 TRACTION AA, A, B, C 405 TEMPERATURE A, B, C. 406 13-4. Reporting Safety Defects (USA) 406 13-5. How to Contact Transport Canada in Order to Report a Safety Concern Relating to the Vehicle (Canada) 407 394 For U.S.A. 13-1. For U.S.A. The following information has been compiled according to Code of Federal Regulations “Title 49, Part 575”. 13-2. Tire Information ■Tire Labeling Many markings (e.g. Tire size, Tire Identification Number or TIN) are placed on the sidewall of a tire by tire manufacturers. These marking can provide you with useful information on the tire. ▼Tire size Your vehicle comes equipped with P-Metric tire size. It is important to understand the sizing system in selecting the proper tire for your vehicles. Here is a brief review of the tire sizing system with a breakdown of its individual elements. ▽P Metric With the P-Metric system, Section Width is measured in millimeters. To convert millimeters into inches, divide by 25.4. The Aspect Ratio (Section Height divided by Section Width) helps provide more dimensional information about the tire size. Example: (1) P = Certain tire type used on light duty vehicles such as passenger cars (2) Section Width in millimeters (3) Aspect Ratio (= section height ÷ section width). (4) R = Radial Construction (5) Rim diameter in inches ▽Load and Speed Rating Descriptions The load and speed rating descriptions will appear following the size designation. They provide two important facts about the tire. First, the number designation is its load index. Second, the letter designation indicates the tire’s speed rating. Example: P 205 / 60 R 16 (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) P 205 / 60 R 16 91 V Size designation (6) (7) Tire Information 395 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – (6) Load Index: A numerical code which specifies the maximum load a tire can carry at the speed indicated by its speed symbol, at maximum inflation pressure. For example, “91” means 1,356 lbs (615 kg), “90” means 1,323 lbs (600 kg), “89” means 1,279 lbs (580 kg) (7) Speed Rating: An alphabetical system describing a tire’s capability to travel at established and predetermined speeds. For example, “V” means 149 mph (240 km/h) ▼Tire Identification Number (TIN) Tire Identification Number (TIN) is marked on the intended outboard sidewall. The TIN is composed of four groups. Here is a brief review of the TIN with a breakdown of its individual elements. (1) DOT symbol* (2) Manufacturer’s Identification Mark (3) Tire Size Code (4) Tire Type Code (5) Date of Manufacture The first two figures identify the week, starting with “01” to represent the first full week of the calendar year; the second two figures represent the year. For example, 0101 means the 1st week of 2001. *: The DOT symbol certifies that the tire conforms to applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. ▼Other markings The following makings are also placed on the sidewall. WARNING Load indices apply only to the tire, not to the vehicle. Putting a load rated tire on any vehicle does not mean the vehicle can be loaded up to the tire’s rated load. WARNING Speed ratings apply only to the tire, not to the vehicle. Putting a speed rated tire on any vehicle does not mean the vehicle can be operated at the tire’s rated speed. The speed rating is void if the tires are worn out, damaged, repaired, retreaded, or otherwise altered from their original condition. If tires are repaired, retreaded, or otherwise altered, they may not be suitable for original equipment tire designed loads and speeds. DOT XX XX XXX XXXX (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) 396 Tire Information ▽Maximum permissible inflation pressure The maximum cold inflation pressure to which this tire may be inflated. For example, “350 kPa (51 PSI) MAX. PRESS” ▽Maximum load rating The load rating at the maximum permissible weight load for this tire. For example, “MAX. LOAD 615 kg (1,356 LBS) @ 350 kPa (51 PSI) MAX. PRESS.” ▽Construction type Applicable construction of this tire. For example, “TUBELESS STEEL BELTED RADIAL” ▽Construction The generic name of each cord material used in the plies (both sidewall and tread area) of this tire. For example, “PLIES: TREAD 2 STEEL + 2 POLYESTER + 1 NYLON SIDEWALL 2 POLYESTER” ▽Uniform Tire Quality Grading (UTQG) For details, refer to “Uniform Tire Quality Grading Standards” P405. ■Recommended Tire Inflation Pressure ▼Recommended cold tire inflation pressure For the recommended cold tire inflation pressure for your vehicle’s tires, refer to “Tires” P385. ▼Vehicle placard The vehicle placard is affixed to the driver’s side B-pillar. WARNING Example: Maximum load rating applies only to the tire, not to the vehicle. Putting a load rated tire on any vehicle does not mean the vehicle can be loaded up to the tire’s rated load. B02109 XX D00155 TIRE PNEU FRONT AVANT PXXX/XXRXX XXXKPA, XXPSI REAR ARRI¨RE PXXX/XXRXX XXXKPA, XXPSI SPARE TXXX/XXDXX XXXKPA, XXPSI DE SECOURS SIZE DIMENSIONS COLD TIRE PRESSURE PRESSION DES PNEUS FROID TIRE AND LOADING INFORMATION RENSEIGNEMENTS SUR LES PNEUS ET LE CHARGEMENT SEE OWNERS MANUAL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION VOIR LE MANUEL DE LUSAGER POUR PLUS DE RENSEIGNEMENTS FRONT AVANT REAR ARRI¨RE SEATING CAPACITY NOMBRE DE PLACES TOTAL X X X The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXXkg or XXXlbs. Le poids total des occupants et du chargement ne doit jamais dØpasser XXXkg ou XXXlb. Tire Information 397 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – The vehicle placard shows original tire size, recommended cold tire inflation pressure on each tire at maximum loaded vehicle weight, seating capacity and loading information. ▼Adverse safety consequences of under-inflation Driving at high speeds with excessively low tire pressures can cause the tires to flex severely and to rapidly become hot. A sharp increase in temperature could cause tread separation, and failure of the tire(s). Possible resulting loss of vehicle control could lead to an accident. ▼Measuring and adjusting air pressure to achieve proper inflation Check and, if necessary, adjust the pressure of each tire (including the spare) at least once a month and before any long journey. Check the tire pressures when the tires are cold. Use a pressure gauge to adjust the tire pressures to the specific values. Driving even a short distance warms up the tires and increases the tire pressures. Also, the tire pressures are affected by the outside temperature. It is best to check tire pressure outdoors before driving the vehicle. When a tire becomes warm, the air inside it expands, causing the tire pressure to increase. Be careful not to mistakenly release air from a warm tire to reduce its pressure. ■Glossary of Tire Terminology Accessory weight The combined weight (in excess of those standard items which may be replaced) of automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power seats, radio, and heater, to the extent that these items are available as factoryinstalled equipment (whether installed or not). Bead The part of the tire that is made of steel wires, wrapped or reinforced by ply cords and that is shaped to fit the rim. Bead separation A breakdown of the bond between components in the bead. Bias ply tire A pneumatic tire in which the ply cords that extend to the beads are laid at alternate angles substantially less than 90 degrees to the centerline of the tread. Carcass The tire structure, except tread and sidewall rubber which, when inflated, bears the load. Chunking The breaking away of pieces of the tread or sidewall. Cold tire pressure The pressure in a tire that has been driven less than 1 mile or has been standing for three hours or more. Cord The strands forming the plies in the tire. 398 Tire Information Cord separation The parting of cords from adjacent rubber compounds. Cracking Any parting within the tread, sidewall, or inner liner of the tire extending to cord material. Curb weight The weight of a motor vehicle with standard equipment including the maximum capacity of fuel, oil and coolant, and if so equipped, air conditioning and additional weight optional engine. Extra load tire A tire designed to operate at higher loads and higher inflation pressure than the corresponding standard tire. Groove The space between two adjacent tread ribs. Innerliner The layer(s) forming the inside surface of a tubeless tire that contains the inflating medium within the tire. Innerliner separation The parting of the innerliner from cord material in the carcass. Intended outboard sidewall (1) The sidewall that contains a whitewall, bears white lettering or bears manufacturer, brand, and/ or model name molding that is higher or deeper than the same molding on the other sidewall of the tire, or (2) The outward facing sidewall of an asymmetrical tire that has a particular side that must always face outward when mounting on a vehicle. Light truck (LT) tire A tire designated by its manufacturer as primarily intended for use on lightweight trucks or multipurpose passenger vehicles. Load rating The maximum load that a tire is rated to carry for a given inflation pressure. Maximum inflation pressure The maximum cold inflation pressure to which a tire may be inflated. Maximum load rating The load rating for a tire at the maximum permissible inflation pressure for that tire. Maximum loaded vehicle weight The sum of: (a) Curb weight (b) Accessory weight (c) Vehicle capacity weight (d) Production options weight Maximum permissible inflation pressure The maximum cold inflation pressure to which a tire may be inflated. Measuring rim The rim on which a tire is fitted for physical dimension requirements. Normal occupant weight 150 lbs (68 kg) times the number of occupants specified in the second column of Table 1 that is appended to the end of this section. Tire Information 399 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – Occupant distribution Distribution of occupants in a vehicle as specified in the third column of Table 1 that is appended to the end of this section. Open splice Any parting at any junction of tread, sidewall, or innerliner that extends to cord material. Outer diameter The overall diameter of an inflated new tire. Overall width The linear distance between the exteriors of the sidewalls of an inflated tire, including elevations due to labeling, decorations, or protective bands or ribs. Passenger car tire A tire intended for use on passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles, and trucks, that have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,000 lbs (4,535 kg) or less. Ply A layer of rubber-coated parallel cords. Ply separation A parting of rubber compound between adjacent plies. Pneumatic tire A mechanical device made of rubber, chemicals, fabric and steel or other materials, that, when mounted on an automotive wheel, provides the traction and contains the gas or fluid that sustains the load. Production options weight The combined weight of those installed regular production options weighing over 5.1 lbs (2.3 kg) in excess of those standard items which they replace, not previously considered in curb weight or accessory weight, including heavy duty brakes, ride levelers, roof rack, heavy duty battery, and special trim. Radial ply tire A pneumatic tire in which the ply cords that extend to the beads are laid at substantially 90 degrees to the centerline of the tread. Recommended inflation pressure The cold inflation pressure recommended by a vehicle manufacturer. Reinforced tire A tire designed to operate at higher loads and at higher inflation pressures than the corresponding standard tire. Rim A metal support for a tire or a tire and tube assembly upon which the tire beads are seated. Rim diameter Nominal diameter of the bead seat. Rim size designation Rim diameter and width. 400 Tire Information Rim type designation The industry of manufacturer’s designation for a rim by style or code. Rim width Nominal distance between rim flanges. Section width The linear distance between the exteriors of the sidewalls of an inflated tire, excluding elevations due to labeling, decoration, or protective bands. Sidewall That portion of a tire between the tread and bead. Sidewall separation The parting of the rubber compound from the cord material in the sidewall. Snow tire A tire that attains a traction index equal to or greater than 110, compared to the ASTM E1136-93 Standard Reference Test Tire, when using the snow traction test as described in ASTM F-1805-00, Standard Test Method for Single Wheel Driving Traction in a Straight Line on Snow-and Ice-Covered Surfaces, and that is marked with an Alpine Symbol “ ” on at least one sidewall. Test rim The rim on which a tire is fitted for testing, and it may be any rim listed as appropriate for use with that tire. Tread That portion of a tire that comes into contact with the road. Tread rib A tread section running circumferentially around a tire. Tread separation Pulling away of the tread from the tire carcass. Treadwear indicators (TWI) The projections within the principal grooves designed to give a visual indication of the degrees of wear of the tread. Vehicle capacity weight The rated cargo and luggage load plus 150 lbs (68 kg) times the vehicle’s designated seating capacity. Vehicle maximum load on the tire Load on an individual tire that is determined by distributing to each axle its share of the maximum loaded vehicle weight and dividing by two. Vehicle normal load on the tire Load on an individual tire that is determined by distributing to each axle its share of the curb weight, accessory weight, and normal occupant weight (distributed in accordance with Table 1 that is appended to the end of this section) and dividing by 2. Wheel-holding fixture The fixture used to hold the wheel and tire assembly securely during testing. Tire Information 401 – CONTINUED – Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 Table 1 ― Occupant loading and distribution for vehicle normal load for various designated seating capacities Designated seating capacity, number of occupants Vehicle normal load, number of occupants Occupant distribution in a normally loaded vehicle 2 through 4 2 2 in front. 5 through 10 3 2 in front, 1 in second seat. 11 through 15 5 2 in front, 1 in second seat, 1 in third seat, 1 in fourth seat. 16 through 22 7 2 in front, 2 in second seat, 2 in third seat, 1 in fourth seat. ■Tire Care – Maintenance and Safety Practices Check on a daily basis that the tires are free from serious damage, nails, and stones. At the same time, check the tires for abnormal wear. Inspect the tire tread regularly and replace the tires before their tread wear indicators become visible. When a tire’s tread wear indicator becomes visible, the tire is worn beyond the acceptable limit and must be replaced immediately. With a tire in this condition, driving at even low speeds in wet weather can cause the vehicle to hydroplane. Possible resulting loss of vehicle control can lead to an accident. To maximize the life of each tire and ensure that the tires wear uniformly, it is best to rotate the tires every 6,000 miles (10,000 km). For information about tire rotation, refer to “Rotational Direction of Tires” P364. Replace any damaged or unevenly worn tire at the time of rotation. After tire rotation, adjust the tire pres402 Tire Information sures and make sure the wheel nuts are correctly tightened. For information about the tightening torque and tightening sequence for the wheel nuts, refer to “Flat Tires” P303. ■Vehicle Load Limit – How to Determine The load capacity of your vehicle is determined by weight, not by available cargo space. The load limit of your vehicle is shown on the vehicle placard attached to the driver’s side B-pillar. Locate the statement “The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbs” on your vehicle’s placard. The vehicle placard also shows seating capacity of your vehicle. The total load capacity includes the total weight of driver and all passengers and their belongings, any cargo, any optional equipment such as a roof rack or bike carrier, etc. Therefore cargo capacity can be calculated by the following method. Cargo capacity = Load limit − (total weight of occupants + total weight of optional equipment) For information about vehicle loading, refer to “Loading Your Vehicle” P297. ▼Calculating total and load capacities varying seating configurations Calculate the available load capacity as shown in the following examples: Example 1 Vehicle capacity weight of the vehicle is 800 lbs (363 kg), which is indicated on the vehicle placard with the statement “The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 363 kg or 800 lbs”. For example, if the vehicle has one occupant weighing 154 lbs (70 kg) CAUTION Your vehicle is neither designed nor intended to be used for trailer towing. Therefore, never tow a trailer with your vehicle. D00245 Tire Information 403 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – plus cargo weighing 551 lbs (250 kg). 1. Calculate the total weight. 2. Calculate the available load capacity by subtracting the total weight from the vehicle capacity weight of 800 lbs (363 kg). 3. The result of step 2 shows that a further 95 lbs (43 kg) of cargo can be carried. Example 2 For example, if a person weighing 176 lbs (80 kg) now enters the same vehicle (bringing the number of occupants to two), the calculations are as follows: 1. Calculate the total weight. 2. Calculate the available load capacity. 3. The total weight now exceeds the capacity weight by 81 lbs (37 kg), so the cargo weight must be reduced by 81 lbs (37 kg) or more. Total weight = 154 lbs (70 kg) + 551 lbs (250 kg) = 705 lbs (320 kg) (Occupant) (Cargo) Available Load Capacity = 800 lbs (363 kg) 705 lbs (320 kg) = 95 lbs (43 kg) (Vehicle capacity weight) (Total weight) D00250 Total weight = 154 lbs (70 kg) + 176 lbs (80 kg) + 551 lbs (250 kg) = 881 lbs (400 kg) (Occupant) (Cargo) Available Load Capacity = 800 lbs (363 kg) 881 lbs (400 kg) = 81 lbs ( 37 kg) (Vehicle capacity weight) (Total weight) 404 Tire Information ■Determining Compatibility of Tire and Vehicle Load Capacities The sum of four tires’ maximum load ratings must exceed the maximum loaded vehicle weight (“GVWR”). In addition, sum of the maximum load ratings of two front tires and of two rear tires must exceed each axle’s maximum loaded capacity (“GVWR”). Original equipment tires are designed to fulfill those conditions. The maximum loaded vehicle weight is referred to Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). And each axle’s maximum loaded capacity is referred to Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR). The GVWR and each axle’s GAWR are shown on the vehicle certification label affixed to the driver’s door. The GVWR and front and rear GAWRs are determined by not only the maximum load rating of tires but also loaded capacities of the vehicle’s suspension, axles and other parts of the body. Therefore, this means that the vehicle cannot necessarily be loaded up to the tire’s maximum load rating on the tire sidewall. ■Adverse Safety Consequences of Overloading on Handling and Stopping and on Tires Overloading could affect vehicle handling, stopping distance, vehicle and tire as shown in the following. This could lead to an accident and possibly result in severe personal injury. Vehicle stability will deteriorate. Heavy and/or high-mounted loads could increase the risk of rollover. Stopping distance will increase. Brakes could overheat and fail. Suspension, bearings, axles and other parts of the body could break or experience accelerated wear that will shorten vehicle life. Tires could fail. Tread separation could occur. Tire could separate from its rim. ■Steps for Determining Correct Load Limit 1. Locate the statement “The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbs.” on your vehicle’s placard. 2. Determine the combined weight of the driver and passengers that will be riding in your vehicle. 3. Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers from XXX kg or XXX lbs. 4. The resulting figure equals the available amount of cargo and luggage load capacity. For example, if the “XXX” amount equals 1,400 lbs (635 kg) and there will be five 150 lbs (68 kg) passengers in your vehicle, the amount of available cargo and luggage load capacity is 650 lbs (1,400 − 750 (5 × 150) = 650 lbs). 5. Determine the combined weight of luggage and cargo being loaded Uniform Tire Quality Grading Standards 405 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – on the vehicle. That weight may not safely exceed the available cargo and luggage load capacity calculated in Step 4. 13-3. Uniform Tire Quality Grading Standards This information indicates the relative performance of passenger car tires in the area of treadwear, traction, and temperature resistance. This is to aid the consumer in making an informed choice in the purchase of tires. Quality grades can be found where applicable on the tire sidewall between tread shoulder and maximum section width. For example: TREADWEAR 200 TRACTION AA TEMPERATURE A The quality grades apply to new pneumatic tires for use on passenger cars. However, they do not apply to deep tread, winter type snow tires, space-saver or temporary use spare tires, tires with nominal rim diameters of 12 inches or less, or to some limited production tires. All passenger car tires must conform to Federal Safety Requirements in addition to these grades. ■TREADWEAR The treadwear grade is a comparative rating based on the wear rate of the tire when tested under controlled conditions on a specified government test course. For example, a tire graded 150 would wear one and one-half (1-1/2) times as well on the government course as a tire graded 100. The relative performance of tires depends upon the actual conditions of their use, however, and may depart significantly from the norm due to variations in driving habits, service practices and differences in road characteristics and climate. ■TRACTION AA, A, B, C The traction grades, from highest to lowest, are AA, A, B and C. Those grades represent the tire’s ability to stop on wet pavement as measured under controlled conditions on 406 Reporting Safety Defects (USA) specified government test surfaces of asphalt and concrete. A tire marked C may have poor traction performance. ■TEMPERATURE A, B, C The temperature grades are A (the highest), B, and C, representing the tire’s resistance to the generation of heat and its ability to dissipate heat when tested under controlled conditions on a specified indoor laboratory test wheel. Sustained high temperature can cause the material of the tire to degenerate and reduce tire life, and excessive temperature can lead to sudden tire failure. The grade C corresponds to a level of performance which all passenger car tires must meet under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 109. Grades B and A represent higher levels of performance on the laboratory test wheel than the minimum required by law. 13-4. Reporting Safety Defects (USA) If you believe that your vehicle has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in addition to notifying Subaru of America, Inc. If NHTSA receives similar complaints, it may open an investigation, and if it finds that a safety defect exists in a group of vehicles, it may order a recall and remedy campaign. However, NHTSA cannot become involved in individual problems between you, your dealer, or Subaru of America, Inc. To contact NHTSA, you may call the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll-free at 1- 888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424- 9153); go to http:// www.safercar.gov; or write to: Administrator, NHTSA, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, West Building, Washington, DC 20590. You can also obtain other information about WARNING The traction grade assigned to this tire is based on straightahead braking traction tests, and does not include acceleration, cornering, hydroplaning, or peak traction characteristics. WARNING The temperature grade for this tire is established for a tire that is properly inflated and not overloaded. Excessive speed, underinflation, or excessive loading, either separately or in combination, can cause heat buildup and possible tire failure. How to Contact Transport Canada in Order to Report a Safety Concern Relating to the Vehicle (Canada) 407 Consumer Information and Reporting Safety Defects 13 – CONTINUED – motor vehicle safety from http:// www.safercar.gov. 13-5. How to Contact Transport Canada in Order to Report a Safety Concern Relating to the Vehicle (Canada) Index 14 Index 410 Index A Abbreviation .P4 ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) .P245 Warning lightP140 Access key Warning indicator P143, P144 Access key fob Warning lightP144 AccessoriesP373 Accessory power outlet P215 Active sound control.P242 Air cleaner element P350 Air conditioner Automatic climate control P200 Manual climate control system P201 Air filtration system.P205 Airflow mode selection .P201 Alarm system .P114 All season tires.P358 Alloy wheel .P366 Cleaning P333 Antenna Roof antenna .P210 Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) .P245 Arming the system .P114 Ashtray .P217 AT OIL TEMP warning lightP138 Audio Antenna system P210 Set P210 Audio system-linked display P156 Auto dimmer cancel function . P131 Auto on/off headlights P174 Sensor P176 Auto-dimming mirror/compass P186 Automatic Transmission P235 Automatic climate control operation P200 Automatic headlight beam leveler . P182 Warning light. P150 Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) P40 Automatic transmission Oil temperature warning light (AT OIL TEMP) P138 Average vehicle speed P153 B Battery Drainage prevention function P113 Jump starting P316 Replacement (access key fob) . P376 Replacement (keyless access with push-button start system) . P376 Vehicle battery P370 Blind Spot Detection (BSD) . P268 Booster seat P54 Index 411 Index 14 Bottle holder P215 Brake Assist P244 BoosterP244, P355 Disc. P386 Fluid P353, P383 Pad P356 ParkingP255, P357 Pedal. P356 System P244 Brake pedal Free play . P356 Reserve distance P356 Brake system. P244 Warning light . P140 Braking P243 Tips . P243 Breaking-in of new brake pads P357 BSD/RCTA P268 Approach indicator light/warning buzzer . P271 OFF indicator P273 OFF switch P274 Warning indicator P150, P274 Warning light . P274 Bulb Chart . P387 Replacing P373 C Camera Rear view camera .P263 Catalytic converter .P291 Center console.P214 Center information display (CID) .P160 Cleaning P336 Changing CoolantP350 Flat tire P303 Oil and oil filter P347 Charge warning lightP137 CHECK ENGINE warning light/Malfunction indicator light.P136 Checking Brake pedal free play P356 Brake pedal reserve distanceP356 Clutch function P356 Clutch pedal free play .P356 Coolant level .P349 Fluid level (brake fluid) P353 Fluid level (clutch fluid)P354 Fluid level (washer fluid) .P366 Oil level (engine oil).P346 Child restraint systems P46 Installation of a booster seat .P54 Installation with ALR/ELR seatbelt P51 Lower and top tether anchorages .P55 Top tether anchoragesP59 Child safetyP6 412 Index Chime Light.P174 Seatbelt .P131 Cleaning Alloy wheels.P333 Center information display.P336 Interior .P335 Ventilation grille .P204 Climate control system.P198 Automatic.P200 Manual.P201 Clock P172 Clutch Fluid P354, P383 Pedal .P356 Combination meter display (color TFT)P151 Audio system-linked display P156 Drive information .P153 Driving support system setting display P157 Exclusive content for SUBARU BRZ .P154 Navigation system-linked display P156 Settings display .P157 Warning message display .P159 CompassP186 ConsoleP214 Control switch light .P174 Coolant P349, P384 Cooling system.P348 Corrosion protection.P334 Cruise control P260 Indicator light P149 Set indicator light P149 Cup holder. P214 D Daytime running light (DRL) system P180 Defogger P185 Defrosting P203 Differential gear oil P353, P383 Dimensions P380 Disc brake pad wear warning indicators P245 Door Door unlock selection function P100 Locks P111 Open indicator P141 Double trip meter. P128 Drive belt . P352 Drive information . P153 Driving Car phone/cell phone P9 Drinking. P7 Drugs P8 Foreign countries P292 Pets. P9 Snowy and icy roads. P295 Tips .P235, P240, P290 Tired or sleepy P8 Winter . P293 Index 413 Index 14 Driving distance. P153 Driving mode select switch P241 Driving range . P153 Driving support system setting display P157 Driving time . P153 E Electrical system . P385 Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) system P246 Warning. P141 Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR). P40 Engine Compartment overview . P345 CoolantP349, P384 Exhaust gas (carbon monoxide) .P7, P290 Hood . P343 Hood release knob P343 OilP346, P381 Overheating P319 Start & stopping P229 Engine oil temperature gauge . P153 Event data recorder. P11 Exclusive content for SUBARU BRZ . P154 Exterior care P332 F Flat tire P303 Flat tire repair kit P309 Technical data of air compressor P314 Floor matP218 Fluid level Automatic transmission .P352 Brake.P353 Clutch P354 Front Passenger’s frontal airbag ON and OFF.P72 Seatbelt pretensioners P44 Front seats.P30 Forward and backward adjustment .P33 Head restraint adjustment .P34 Manual seat.P33 Reclining .P33 Seat heaterP35 Seat height adjustment (driver’s seat).P33 FuelP223 Economy hints.P290 Filler door and cap P224 Filler lid and cap P224 Gauge .P129 RequirementsP223, P381 Tank capacity P381 Fuel consumption Average fuel consumption.P153 Current fuel consumption P153 Fuses.P371 G Gasoline.P223 414 Index GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) .P299 G-force .P154 G-force (peak hold function).P154 Glove box .P214 GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating).P299 H Hazard warning flasher . P127, P302 Head restraint adjustment P34 Headlight Aim adjustmentP374 Beam levelerP182 Bulb replacement.P373 Bulb wattageP388 Control switch P174 Flasher.P176 Indicator light .P150 Welcome lighting functionP175 High Beam Assist Function.P177 Indicator light .P150 High beam indicator lightP150 High/low beam change (dimmer) .P176 Hill start assist P257 Indicator light .P150 To activate/deactivateP258 HomeLink®.P186 Hook Towing and tie-down. P320 Horn. P195 Hose and connections. P348 I Icy road surface warning light P151 Illumination brightness control. P130 Immobilizer P108 Indicator light (security indicator light) P148 Indicator light BSD/RCTA OFF . P150 BSD/RCTA warning P150 Cruise control P149 Cruise control set P149 Door open . P141 Drive mode . P148 Front passenger’s frontal airbag ON and OFF .P72, P135 Headlight. P150 High beam P150 High Beam Assist . P150 Hill start assist. P150 Malfunction . P136 RAB OFF P151 REV P130 Security. P148 Select lever/Gear position. P149 Steering Responsive Headlight OFF P150 TRAC OFF P142 Index 415 Index 14 Turn signal P149 Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) OFF. P143 Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) operation .P142, P143 Inside mirror P186 Interior lights P212 Internal trunk lid release handle P121 J Jack and jack handle. P302 Jack-up point . P303 Jump starting. P316 K Key P94 Replacement. P108 Keyless access with push-button start system P94 Disabling keyless access functions. P103 Locking and unlocking doors P98 Opening trunk . P98 Warning chimes and warning indicator .P106, P143 When access key fob does not operate properly P325 L Lane Change Assist (LCA) P269 Leather seat materials. P335 LED headlight warning light.P150, P373 LED headlights P373 Light Backup P373 Control switchP174 Daytime runningP180 Map .P212 Trunk.P374 Turn signal P182 Loading your vehicleP297 Low fuel warning light P141 Low tire pressure warning light P138 Lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH) P55 Lower and top tether anchoragesP55 M Maintenance Precautions .P339 Schedule .P339 Seatbelt .P43 Tips .P341 Tools .P302 Malfunction indicator light (check engine warning light) P136 Manual Climate control P201 mode (automatic transmission) .P239 Seat.P33 Transmission.P233 Transmission oil P353, P383 Map light P212 Meters and gaugesP127 Mirror defogger P185 MirrorsP186 416 Index N Navigation system-linked display .P156 New vehicle break-in driving P290 O Odometer .P128 Oil filter .P347 Oil level Differential gear .P353 Engine .P346 Manual transmissionP353 Oil pressure warning light.P137 One-touch lane changeP182 Outside Mirrors .P194 Mirror defogger P185 Overheating engineP319 P Parking Brake .P255 Brake stroke P357 TipsP255 Periodic inspections .P292 Petrol fuel .P223 PIN code AccessP100 Power Door locking switchP113 Outlets P215 Outside mirrors . P194 Steering P242 Steering warning light . P141 Window switches P117 Windows . P116 Power and torque curve P155 Precautions against vehicle modification P46, P89 Preparing to drive P228 Push-button Ignition switch . P125 Starting and stopping engine P229 R Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) P269 Rear seat. P37 Folding down P37 Rear seatbelt warning light P133 Rear view camera . P263 Rear window Defogger . P185 Recommended Brake fluid. P383 Clutch fluid P355, P383 Differential gear oil P383 Engine oil P381 Manual transmission oil P383 Spark plugs. P385 Refueling . P224 Index 417 Index 14 Remote control mirror switch. P194 Remote keyless entry system P109 Replacing battery P376 Replacement Access key fob battery P376 Air cleaner element . P350 Battery of access key fob P376 Brake pad and lining . P356 Cabin air filter P205 Lost transmitters (remote keyless entry system) P111 Wiper blades. P367 Replacing bulbs. P373 Backup light P373 Headlight. P373 Trunk light . P374 REV indicator light and buzzer P130 Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB) system P277 OFF indicator light. P151 ON/OFF setting.P151, P286 Warning indicator P151, P286 Rocking the vehicle . P297 Roof antenna. P210 S Safety Precautions when driving P5 Symbol P4 Warnings. P3 Sealing flat tire .P306 Flat tire repair kit .P309 How to seal .P310 Safety precautions P307 Seat Fabric P335 FrontP30 Heater .P35 Height adjustment .P33 Rear P37 SeatbeltP5, P39 Fastening P41 MaintenanceP43 Pretensioners P44 Safety tips .P39 Warning light and chimeP131 Security Alarm system P114 ImmobilizerP108 Indicator light.P148 Select lever Position indicator.P149 Shift lock function P238 Settings displayP157 Shoulder pretensioner .P44 Snow tiresP296, P358 Snowy and icy roadsP295 Sounding a panic alarm.P110 Spark plugsP352, P385 418 Index Specifications .P380 SpeedometerP127 SRS airbag (Supplemental Restraint System airbag) . P5, P60 Monitors.P87 ServicingP88 Warning light.P70, P87, P135 Starting & stopping engine.P229 State emission testing (U.S. only) P227 Steering lock P232 Steering Responsive HeadlightP180 OFF indicator.P150 OFF indicator light .P150 ON/OFF setting P150, P180 Warning lightP150 Steering wheel Lock .P232 Power P242 Tilt/telescopic.P195 Stopwatch P155 Storage compartment.P213 Summer tiresP358 Sun visors P213 Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)P60 Supplemental Restraint System airbag (SRS).P60 Curtain airbag P80 Side airbag P80 Synthetic leather upholstery.P336 T Tachometer . P127 Temperature gauge. P129 Temperature warning light AT OIL TEMP . P138 Tether (child restraint system).P55, P59 Tie-down hooks . P320 Tilt/telescopic steering wheel P195 Tire P358, P385 All season tires . P358 Chains. P297 Information P394 Inspection . P360 Pressures and wear P361 Replacement. P365 Rotation P364 Size and pressure. P385 Types P358 Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)P251, P315, P358 Screen P254 Warning light. P138 Tires and wheels . P358 Tools P302 Top tether anchorages P55, P59 Towing. P320 All wheels on the ground P324 Flat-bed truck P324 Hooks P320 Tie-down hooks P320 Index 419 Index 14 TPMS screen. P254 TRACK mode P250 Trailer Towing P299 Trip meter P128 Trunk lid. P119 Release handle . P121 Trunk light P374 Turn signal Indicator lights. P149 Lever . P182 U Under-floor storage compartment P219 USB power supply. P216 V Vanity mirror P213 Light P213 Vehicle Capacity weight. P298 Identification P390 Symbols P5 Vehicle data recording. P10 Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) OFF indicator light. P143 OFF switch P248 Operation indicator light P142, P143 Warning light .P142 Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)/TRAC System P247 VentilatorP198 Voltmeter .P153 W Warning and indicator lights P131 Warning chimes Keyless access with push-button start systemP143 Seatbelt .P131 Warning indicator RAB.P151, P286 Warning light ABS.P140 Access key P143 Access key fob P144 AT OIL TEMPP138 Automatic headlight beam leveler .P150 Brake system P140 Charge P137 CHECK ENGINE.P136 Icy road surface.P151 Keyless access with push-button start systemP143 LED headlightP150 Low fuel.P141 Low tire pressure.P138 Master .P151 Oil pressure.P137 420 Index Power steering.P141 Seatbelt .P131 SRS airbag systemP135 Steering Responsive Headlight .P150 Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)P142 Warning message display P159 WarrantiesP2 Washing .P332 Waxing and polishing .P333 Wear indicators P363 Welcome lighting function P175 Wheel Alloy.P366 BalanceP363 Nut tightening torque P303, P385 Replacement .P365 Windows.P116 Windshield Washer fluid.P366 Wiper and washer switches.P183 Wiper bladesP368 Winter Driving .P293 Tires P296, P358 Wiper and washer P183