|All above models with Harman 8” Touch Screen Display Audio or Navigation Equipped Audio Units|
|SUBJECT:||Display / Touch Screen “Soft Keys” -Delayed Response|
This Service Information bulletin provides a procedure to use for addressing a customer concern of a delayed or slow response when using the soft keys on the touch screen of the audio / navigation head unit.
- A CLEAN (preferably new), soft micro-fiber cloth or towel
- Aerosol can of “Sprayway” -brand, Ammonia-free glass cleaner, available at most major retailers and home improvement stores
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
REMINDER: Customer satisfaction and retention starts with performing quality repairs.
- DO NOT spray the glass cleaner directly onto the display screen.
- Do NOT use a cotton towel or shop cloth which can easily scratch the display screen.
- Always confirm the protective film has been removed from the display screen.
- Apply the glass cleaner to the CLEAN micro-fiber cloth.
- LIGHTLY wipe the display screen to remove any dust or dirt until clean.
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.