NHTSA ID Number: 10150953
Manufacturer Communication Number: 15-219-18R
When attempting to complete the STARLINK Telematics subscription process, an Error Code 202 and/or 204 may occur preventing the process from completing successfully. These codes both relate to the multi-stage CommCheck process which introduces the Data Communications Module (DCM) to the AT&T cellular network the Telematics system operates on. The Telematics Service Provider (TSP) cannot communicate with the vehicle (DCM) until the CommCheck completes successfully.
9 Affected Products
When attempting to complete the STARLINK Telematics subscription process, an Error Code 202 and / or 204 may occur preventing the process from completing successfully. These codes both relate to the multi-stage CommCheck process which introduces the Data Communications Module (DCM) to the AT&T cellular network the Telematics system operates on. The Telematics Service Provider (TSP) cannot communicate with the vehicle (DCM) until the CommCheck completes successfully.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
All DCMs have the CommCheck process completed during Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) at either the factory end-of-line or the ports. CommCheck is then confirmed at the Retailer during their PDI.
The following factors should be considered as potential causes of the current condition (error codes). One of the possible causes listed below (e.g. DCM was swapped) will require review of the vehicle history since receipt at the allocated Retailer.
- CommCheck was not completed successfully.
- DCM has lost power and / or ground connection.
- DCM is unable to establish network connection to complete CommCheck.
- DCM was swapped between this vehicle and some other(s). DCM is now disabled.
- Local conditions preventing network communications (no clear cellular signal available).
- Network conditions preventing communication (DCM sim not recognized or otherwise prevented from making network connection).
- Failure of data flow between DCM Vendor, AT&T, SOA, TSP, or some combination thereof.
Error Code 202: User sees (actual error message contents): “Successful CommCheck notification for this vehicle has not been received. Please have your Service Department confirm CommCheck has been completed. Reference bulletin 15-219-18R (Error Code: 202)”.
- The Technician / Service Department should interpret this as: Potential CommCheck failure (Never initiated or Failed Early in Process).
Error Code 204: User sees: “Basic Provisioning Set Up process failed for this VIN. Please inform your Service Department and reference bulletin 15-219-18R (Error Code: 204)”.
- The Technician / Service Department should interpret this as: Potential CommCheck failure (Late Process Failure).
Step 1. Turn the ignition ON- (Key ON/ Engine OFF) and turn the headlamps OFF. Note which of the STARLINK Telematics lamp(s) are ON (illuminated) or OFF (not illuminated). There are two lamps, one GREEN and one RED in between the SOS and “i” buttons.
Note the lamp status here.
Step 2. Lamp Status:
- If BOTH lamps are OFF, press the SOS or “i” button briefly. Do you hear the prerecorded message “Not currently subscribed to STARLINK please visit mySubaru.com to upgrade your service”?
- If YES, note that the DCM has been Com Checked and proceed to Step 4.
- If NO, Check and diagnose any applicable DTC(s). If communication is not possible, follow applicable Service Manual procedures then proceed back to Step 1. Cause may be a possible power / ground / DCM / button and / or wiring failure.
- If BOTH lamps are ON, possible communications failure. Check DTC(s) and follow applicable Service Manual procedures. Proceed back to Step 1.
- If the RED lamp (only) is ON, note possible internal DCM failure. Check DTC(s) and follow applicable Service Manual procedures. Proceed back to Step 1.
- If the GREEN lamp (only) is ON, press the BLUE i-Call Do you hear the prerecorded message, “Not currently subscribed to STARLINK please visit mySubaru.com to upgrade your service” or does a STARLINK operator answer?
- If pre-recorded message is played, the DCM is Com Checked but not provisioned. Jump ahead to Step 3.
- If a STARLINK operator answers, inform them this is a test and end the call. Wait 1 minute. Press the “SOS” button and confirm if a Emergency Support operator answers.
- If an Emergency Support operator answers, inform them this is a test and end the call. The vehicle is successfully provisioned and no further action is needed. Inspection procedure is complete. Skip ahead to Step 4.
- If an Emergency Support operator does not answer, Proceed to Step 3.
- If pre-recorded message is NOT heard AND operator does not answer, perform CommCheck proceed back to Step 1.
Step 3. Collect 10 seconds of DCM data using SSM4.
- Confirm the VIN in DCM data matches the vehicle VIN.
- Note the subscription status as shown by the SSM4 data (e.g. Com Check / Subscribed / Unsubscribed). If other than these, list it here _________________.
- Note the MSISDN if populated.
- Contact SOA Technical Helpline for assistance. Have all the above material and data available for review. When Techline is contacted, the Technician should be prepared to e-mail the SSM4 Project file if requested.
Step 4. If all vehicle-side checks are successful, Retailer personnel responsible for the subscription / enrollment process should attempt the enrollment process again. If same Error Code(s) continue to set, proceed to Step 5. If enrollment is successful- DONE.
Step 5. If vehicle side checks have found the DCM to have been successfully CommChecked but the enrollment will still not complete and same error code(s) is generated, contact 1-800-SOA-STAR for further assistance as there may be a possible data flow concern.
APPLICABILITY: All 2019 MY Vehicles with Gen 2 Telematics
SUBJECT: Error Code 202 and / or 204 Generated During
Gen 2 Telematics Subscription Process
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|Labor Description||Labor Operation #||Labor Time||Fail Code|
|2019MY ASCENT TELEMATICS COM CHECK||A067-903||0.4||ZRT-85|
|TELEMATICS DATA COMMUNICATION MODULE R&R||B067-901||0.5||ZQQ-43|
|TELEMATICS SYSTEM TESTING & DIAGNOSIS||C067-900||0.4|
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
- Strong Hydrophobic and Anti-Fouling Properties：Effective waterproof and anti-fouling, Beads of water make the touch more sensitive.
- Anti-Explosion：Toughened glass film contains special glue material, after toughened treatment, the burst particle is small, even if the glass is broken still maintains the block shape, uses more safely.
- High Definition：Clean and Crisp visual effects. Installing the screen cover will not affect the color, icon size and touch screen capabilities of your GPS display.
- Scratch Resistance：Reinforced glass for twice as much strength as non-tempered alternatives and effective resistance against scratches and fingerprints.
- Easy to Clean：Water-repellent and oil-repellent layer, the toughened film contains oil-repellent waterproof layer. When the screen is dirty, it can be recovered by wiping gently.
- Great protection for your screen
- Anti Glare, Anti Scratch, Anti Fingerprint, filter UV
- Made from triple layer high quality electrostatic material
- A high quality microfiber cloth is included for cleaning purposes
- 1.Operation System: Fit for Subaru WRX 2016 2017 2018 without harmon kardon sound system. Android 9.0 Oreo OS, enlarged room with 4GB RAM+32GB ROM, Rock Chip PX5, Octa-Core 64Bit CPU Processor ensure faster speed and more fluent experience.
- 2. Unique Design: Support factory steer wheel control, and factory rear camera. Special new UI make the driver operate the unit more convenient. Split screen mode allow the driver run two APP side by side. DEMO video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL8NZqJ1Y2o&feature=youtu.be
- 3.Audio-visual Functions: Giant 9 inch display with 1024*600 high resolution. EQ Settings with the 9-band graphic equalizer, NXP6686 radio chip and TDA7850L Amplifier chip equipped, which could provide you the best sound quality. Max Audio output: 4*50W max.
- 4.Compatible Functions: Support Google Play and multiple languages. Support steering wheel control and Rear view Reverse Camera with RCA connector. Support mirroring Link for iphone Airplay and android phone easy-connect. Support subwoofer output and Bluetooth for hand free call and music. It equipped with external microphone, build In wifi, USB ports, On/off line maps and dual satellite positioning system. Optional function are 3G/4G dongle, TV turner and DVR device.
- 5.What You Get: Free 8G memory card. ISO cable is included. GPS Map installed in advance. Friendly customer service, lifetime software update.
- Reduce the Fingerprint：Wear-resistant, water-resistant, and corrosion-resistant, reducing fingerprint marks on the screen. Some of the substances accidentally stuck to the screen can affect the touch screen.
- Anti-Explosion :As it is made of multiple layers of plastic, the adhesive tension is very strong, so it can greatly reduce the chance of glass breaking.In case the glass is broken, it will stick to the broken glass.
- Automatic Adsorption：Automatic adsorption function, and easy to install, non-bubbling.
- Water-Repellent and Oil-Repellent：Easy to clean, water-repellent and oil-repellent layer, the toughened film contains oil-repellent waterproof layer. When the screen is dirty, it can be recovered by wiping gently.
- High Sensitivity：Sensitive operation, 0 distance touch control, hand feel than the original navigator more smooth. Super touch sensitivity, Light and thin, smooth and sensitive to touch. Our toughened film is very thin and transparent.
- 【Vehicle Compatibility & Latest Android 9.0 System】 Built-in Carplay/Android Auto on board chip. Fit for Subaru Forester WRX 2016 2017 2018. Android 9.0 System , Car Audio Stereo GPS Navigation Head Unit . The latest Android system improves fluency, compatibility and privacy. Enjoy faster start-up speed,responsiveness and smoothness to enhance user experience. Hexa Core 4GRAM 64GROM. IPS Screen 1024*600 Resolution. Support 4K Video Format. Support Mirror Link for Android & IOS Smartphone
- 【Multifunction】 It is Plug and play. Support the steering wheel Control.Support 2 second fastboot for the second time. Support Mirror Link. Support Online Video / TV / Movie / Music / Radio /YouTube. Support Twitter / Facebook / Gtalk / Gmail and other service. Supports SD card/ USB drive up to 64GB with FAT32 or NTFS Format.Support RCA Connector Rear View Camera Display. Support Blue Button Light Color. Support OSD Language: English /French / German / Spanish / Italian 53 kinds languages
- 【Build-in DSP,15-band EQ Settings】 Build Your own Sound system easily and with the built-in 4*50 W amplification, Support Lossless music and 3D Games,Support subwoofer output, Support the EQ Settings with the 15-band graphic equalizer. Build in Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical, Flat, User, Voice, sound delay. Multiple customization option's let you adapt the audio experience to your liking
- 【Bluetooth 5.0 Hands-free Function】 Support Wi-Fi Hot spot（Built-in WiFi）,With the Voice Recognition Dialing and phone-book function. You can stream the music from your phone via Bluetooth,support Google Play Store, Bluetooth 5.0 , A2DP , AM , FM , RDS. Make hands-free mobile phone operation conveniently and quickly. You can stream the music from your phone via Bluetooth and enjoy millions of songs you like
- 【Other】 We will provide external microphone and GPS SD card and Software Update, After Sales Service
- BUILT-IN BLUETOOTH WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY – your Double DIN car stereo receiver will easily pair with the vast majority of Bluetooth devices allowing you to make and receive all your calls Hands Free
- 6.2-INCH DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA LED BACKLIT LCD HIGH RESOLUTION TOUCHSCREEN 800 x 480 DISPLAY – your high resolution 6.2inch touchscreen allows easy visibility, displays all relevant music information and keeps all your favorite options within fingers reach
- iGO PRIMO NAVIGATION TECHNOLOGY – was developed specifically for automotive navigation and will display vibrant easy to read road maps that don’t rely on cell phone coverage including over 13 million points of interest and free Naviextras updates
- CD/DVD, USB, microSD & MP3 PLAYBACK – listen to your favorite music; either by the CD Player, Front Panel USB Port which also charges your device, microSD & MP3 players, AM/FM radio receiver with 30 station presets and enjoy all your favorite movies
- SYSTEM INSTALLATION CONNECTORS – your car stereo unit generates 200 Watts of Peak Power, has a RCA A/V input (rear), Rear Video Camera Input (RCA), 2 RCA Video Outputs (rear) and built-in programmable Steering Wheel Control Interface (SWC)
- ATOTO A6 Pro has all the features available previously on A6 Premium (vehicle pecific FM/AM Radio tuner with RDS, builtin GPS Navigation module, AUX Audio/video input,Backup camera/dash camera input/TPMS/4G dongle/Dab+ input, Dual Bluetooth for handsfree & data transfer, steering wheel audio control,Quick Booting, max 2A quick charge), and some extra & exclusive features; *This model fits selected Volkswagen/Skoda vehicles, and original steering wheel audio control will be retained.
- Exclusive features are: 1).Latest Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX feature - Streams Wired Quality Sound, Wirelessly,(to enable this feature,your smartphone needs to support Bluetooth aptX,too); 2).Ultra powerful Toshiba pre-amplifier inside with higher RMS power output & excellent performance. Car speakers from 2Ω to 8 Ω are all supported; Most preamplifiers can only power 4 Ω- 8 Ω,but certain users may add 2Ω door speakers to replace factory one for powerful listening;
- 3).This model comes with 1000cd/m2 TFT-LCD display screen,which has highest brightness to help improve the viewing experience in daylight! 4).Dual Wi-Fi band connection support means even if the routers/public hotspots are set AP band of 5Ghz, A6 Pro can still connect to it for internet access! Besides reversing camera video input, extra two video inputs (CVBS signal) allow users to connect up to 2 cameras simultaneously for special purpose (side camera view, front off-road camera view)
- 5).This model fits for selected Toyota /Subaru models. So you do not need to find extra installation dash kit, and it comes with a Toyota universal power harness with radio antenna adapter. Most toyota models that have such dashboard opening (205mm x 104mm) can be installed with this model. But if your car has factory steering wheel audio control(SWC) feature, you need to locate the SWC related wires from factory harness and connec them to SWC wires from ATOTO harness.
- Check approval of ATOTO aptX feature by visiting Qualcomm aptX official website: https://www.aptx.com/products/atoto-car-entertainment-system. Latest ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 system firmware is now available. New firmware update in future can be found on ATOTO Online Customer Service Support System(AOCSS, http://support.myatoto.com).All ATOTO optional accessories/parts can be found here:https://www.amazon.com/atoto
Last update on 2019-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API