|APPLICABILITY:||2005MY and later Legacy / Outback|
|2006MY and later Tribeca|
|SUBJECT:||Water Leak from A/C Evaporator Drain Hose|
If you encounter a customer complaint that there is water on the front passenger side floor, there is the possibility that the evaporator drain hose is obstructed. The evaporator drain hose will need to be checked for obstructions and modified.
COUNTERMEASURES IN PRODUCTION
The evaporator hose was modified in production starting in the middle of October, 2008.
Evaporator drain hose inspection:
- Check to make sure the hose is not folded or kinked.
- Check to make sure the hose is not pinched by the ECM bracket (located on the front passenger side foot area).
- Check to make sure there are no dry leaves, insects, spider webs, etc. in the hose.
- Check to make sure the hose is properly seated to the evaporator case.
- Check to make sure that the grommet in the firewall that the hose runs through is properly seated.
By cutting the hose to a shorter length, it helps prevent spiders from crawling from the control arm to the hose end.
- Cut off the end of the hose (engine compartment side) to the following specification:
Note: For Tribeca models, if an orifice was installed following Service Bulletin #10-76-06, remove the orifice, cut the hose, and reinstall the orifice.
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period, this repair can be claimed using:
|Evaporator Hose Modification||A014-301||DUB-48||0.2|