NHTSA ID Number: 10169864
Manufacturer Communication Number: 15-208-17R
“This Service Information bulletin announces availability of an enhancement to the Gracenote database included in the vehicles listed above equipped with F10 7â Navigation and 7â Display Audio head units. When the user plays a pre-recorded CD, Gracenote recognizes the disc then shows the artist and track name information along with the album cover art on the head unit display (when available). This enhancement brings the currently installed database up to date with the most recent information available. This update does not affect any album art displayed when using SXM.”
21 Affected Products
|APPLICABILITY:||2015-2017MY Legacy, Outback
2016-2018MY WRX and WRX STI
Models with Gen 2 and Gen 2.1 Fujitsu-Ten (F10) 7” Display Navigation and 7” Display Audio Units
|SUBJECT:||Availability of “Gracenote® Media Database” Software Enhancement|
This Service Information bulletin announces availability of an enhancement to the Gracenote database included in the vehicles listed above equipped with F10 7” Navigation and 7” Display Audio head units. When the user plays a pre-recorded CD, Gracenote recognizes the disc then shows the artist and
track name information along with the album cover art on the head unit display (when available). This enhancement brings the currently installed database up to date with the most recent information available. This update does not affect any album art displayed when using SXM.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
Since the Gracenote database updates are ongoing, the latest version available is installed at vehicle production. A version Check procedure is supplied in the Service Procedure portion of this bulletin.
VERY IMPORTANT: The Gracenote software files are being supplied to Retailers through the existing Audio / Downloads link page on Subarunet at no charge.
**Any charges to install the Gracenote enhancement files are not a matter for warranty and are strictly between the Retailer and the customer.
One empty 2GB, USB 2.0 (do NOT use USB 3.0) storage device (flash drive) will be needed to perform the procedure. The device should be dedicated to storing and transferring these updating files only. It should also be no more than 4GB in size and MUST contain a FAT32 file format before downloading the update files onto it.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
STEP 1: Identify the model of the head unit.
STEP 2: Perform the Version Check procedure:
Press the HOME button and from the home screen, press SETTINGS.
From the SETTINGS screen, press GENERAL.
From the General Settings Screen, press Gracenote® Database Update
The Gracenote® Database Update screen will display the Library Version and the Database Revision information. Use the Database Revision number to determine whether or not the unit is suitable for installation of the new files. Compare the number to the Target Version number in the table below.
- If it is equal to or higher than the Target Version number in the table (13017), the unit has the most recent version installed and no further action is required.
- If it is lower than the Target Version number in the table (13017), the unit is suitable for the enhancement. Proceed with the update procedure outlined below.
|Model||Model Year||Type||H/U Model ID#||Target Version|
|Legacy / Outback||2015||Navi||FB644US||13017|
|Impreza / Crosstrek||2015||Navi||FM634US|
|WRX / WRX STI||2016||Navi||FV631US|
Navi = Audio units with Navigation
DA = Display Audio units (without navigation)
STEP 3: After performing the Version Check procedure, if determined the unit is suitable for updating and customer authorization has been obtained, the new files will need to be downloaded onto the flash drive. All the F10 update files are accessible for downloading from Subarunet under: Service Operations & Technical >> Forms/Downloads >> Downloads for Audio/Navi then clicking on the applicable hyperlink:
STEP 4: Prepare the USB Memory (Flash Drive)
VERY IMPORTANT: Before attempting to download any data files, confirm the PC and flash drives you are using are not infected with any virus. The flash drives will need to be formatted for FAT32 following the steps below.
USB Flash Drive Formatting Procedure:
- Install a flash drive into an available USB port on your PC.
- Click Start (this is located in the lower left corner of the desktop screen) then, in the Search programs and files box, type “explorer”.
NOTE: On SDS Notebook you may also press the My Documents button on the GUI Home Screen.
- As you type the word “explorer”, search results will start to appear. In the results, click on the “Windows Explorer” option under the Programs section.
- In the next window, choose the Computer section on the left. Locate “Removable Disk”
NOTE: Always confirm the device you are formatting is the USB Flash Drive. This drive may have various names assigned to it by the manufacturer of the device and may not reflect the drive name given in this example.
- Right click the picture for “Removable Disk” then select “Format”.
- When the “Format” dialog box appears, make sure that the option labeled “File System” is set to FAT32 and the Quick Format box is checked as well. Then, click the “Start” button.
- Click “OK” when the following window appears.
- The drive will start formatting and display this window when it is finished. Click “OK” to complete the process.
- Repeat the procedure above for the second flash drive
STEP 5: File Download Procedure:
After formatting of the flash drive is complete, the new file must be downloaded onto it.
Download the new file to your PC from the Subarunet link. NOTE: The new file may contain 1 to 3 individual files. The screenshots below will take you through the steps required to get the new files onto the flash drive and ready to use. Update File sizes are quite large and depending on the speed capabilities of the computer, may take some time to complete the download. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
Once the download is complete, you will need to locate the new file, unzip it and save the unzipped version to the USB flash drive. NOTE: If not already done, follow the procedure above for formatting (removing any existing files) from the flash drive.
- Plug the “clean” flash drive into the PC.
- Go to the Windows Start screen, select “Computer” (or click on My Documents if using the SDS Toughbook) and click on “Downloads”.
Once the list of downloaded files opens, click on Date Modified which will arrange them by date and bring the newest to the top. Double-click on the new file, click on “Run”, Click on “Browse” then select “Removable Disc” which will be the flash drive. Click “Unzip” to load the files onto the flash drive and when complete, insert the flash drive into the vehicle USB port.
- Do not change the file names after downloading them
- Do not save any other files onto the flash drive.
STEP 6: Software Installation:
Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) highly recommends connecting either the Subaru Midtronics DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System or the Subaru Midtronics GR8-100 Diagnostic Battery Charger to the vehicle and utilizing the Power Supply Mode feature anytime a vehicle control module or head unit is being reprogrammed.
Once the Midtronics charger is connected to the vehicle, if the battery is fully charged, it takes less than three (3) minutes to boot-up the charger, select the Power Supply Mode, and have the battery voltage stabilized and ready for reprogramming.
For instructions on using the power supply mode, reference the applicable User Manual for the Midtronics DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System and the Midtronics GR8-1100 Diagnostic Battery Charger on STIS.
- Confirm all electrical loads such as lights, audio, HVAC, seat heaters, and rear defroster are all switched OFF before setting up the charger for Power Supply Mode.
- Select the correct battery type (Flooded, EFB, Gel, AGM or AGM Spiral).
- Input the CCA which matches the vehicle’s battery. NOTE: OE and replacement batteries have different CCA ratings. Always confirm the battery’s CCA rating before proceeding.
- If using a DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System, set the power supply voltage to 13.5 volts.
- DO NOT connect the DST-i or SDI until the Power Supply mode function has completed its battery test mode and the Charging Voltage has dropped to and shows a steady 13.5 Volts on the display.
- Once Power Supply Mode reaches a steady 13.5 volts, connect the DST-i or SDI to the OBD connector and proceed with initiating the normal FlashWrite reprogramming process.
- Amperage will fluctuate based upon the vehicle’s demand for power. NOTE: If the voltage rises beyond 14V while programming is in process, the procedure will abort. This can indicate a need to test or charge the vehicle battery before any further attempt at programming is made.
This information is applicable to the Subaru Midtronics DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System and the Subaru Midtronics GR8-1100 Diagnostic Battery Charger ONLY. It does not apply to any other brand / type of “generic” battery charger whatsoever. ONLY the DCA-8000 and the GR8-1100 and their Power Supply Mode feature have been tested and approved by SOA.
STEP 7: Install the Database Update files
Return to the Gracenote Database Update screen by:
- Press the HOME button and from the home screen, press SETTINGS.
- From the SETTINGS screen, press GENERAL.
- From the General Settings screen, press Gracenote® Database Update
- From the Gracenote® Database Update screen press Update.
- Press Yes.
NOTE: If there is a problem with the USB drive or the files, after pressing Update, the message screen below will be displayed before the update begins.
In the event this screen is displayed:
- Press “OK”, remove the flash drive and return to Step 4 above..
- Plug the flash drive back into the PC and re-format it.
- Download the files again from Subarunet and reload them onto the flash drive.
- Try to install the update again.
While the update is taking place, the screen below with a status bar will be displayed. NOTE: The update can take up to 30 minutes to complete.
When completed successfully, the screen shot below will be displayed.
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
- HIGH DATA TRANSFER SPEED USB 3.0 flash drive with read/write transfer speeds up to 70MB/s and 5MB/s respectively. Backward-compatible with USB 2.0 and transfer faster. Rear LED indicator lights while reading/writing
- SLIM FIGURE YET LARGE STORAGE Gum size usb flash drive with 64GB capacity, meet your needs of daily use on work, school, home and travelling for photos, music, videos, files storage and transfer
- PLUG AND PLAY Just plug the thumb drive then start data storage, backup and transfer between devices and locations. It supports Windows OS and compatible with PC, Laptop, TV, Car, Audio and etc
- SLEEK AND PRACTICAL DESIGN The memory stick’s hard plastic cover prevents rough treatment. Multiple colors for easy clarify. Cap protects USB plug and the rear easily attached loop prevents lost
- RELIABLE DATA STORAGE OPTION The Micro Center USB Flash Drive is constructed from quality components and strictly tested to offer well performance. Backed by 2 years warranty, giving you worry free use, a pen drive you can count on
- COMPACT FLASH DRIVE: Exceptionally compact Samsung FIT Plus USB flash drive for instant storage of your photos, videos, music, and files on laptops, tablets, TV’s, car audio systems, gaming consoles and more
- QUICK AND CONVENIENT READ SPEEDS: Redefine everyday file transfers with read speeds up to 300MB/s; USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- SEAMLESS FITTING RUGGED DESIGN: The seamless fit features a rugged metal casing for durability with key ring to prevent loss
- BUILT TO LAST RELIABILITY: Shock proof flash drive is also water proof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: 5-year limited warranty
- [IPHONE DOWNLOAD ONTHE APP] -This new safe & free software, designed by engineer LUNANI flash drive for iphone. iphone flash drive support One-click Backup, iphone external storage support share pic/vid to social media, iphone picture stick support file encryption, and you can save directly to the photostick mobile for iphone when shooting video.
- [PLUG-AND-STAY IPHONE FLASH DRIVE] -photostick mobile for iphone is document viewer for all major file formats. Use iphone external storage playback the videos/music directly from external memory Stick. Use flash drive for iphone share your photos, videos, songs and other files between iphone picture stick with ease.
- [IPHONE EXTERNAL STORAGE HIGH] - iPhone flash drive read speeds up to 80MB/s. flash drive for iphone, picture stick, photostick mobile for iphone. speed USB 3.0 iphone picture stick for iphone that's ideal for adding more storage to laptops, game consoles, in-car audio and more.
- [IPHONE FLASH DRIVE COMPLIANT MORE DEVICES] - iphone picture stick with USB 3.0 specifications+flash drive for iPhone X、photostick mobile for iPhone 8 Plus、iPhone 8 flash drive、iPhone 7 Plus、iPhone 7、iPhone6S、iPhone6SPlus、iPhone SE、iPhone5S、iPhone6, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini, iPod, Android, Macbook, PC & laptops(iphone external storage not support type-c port)
- [BACKUP PICTURE/VIDEO/PHONEBOOK] -Every time use the iphone flash drive, Use flash drive for iphone, Open the software to backup photos/video/phonebook at one click,which will be automatically stored into the iphone external storage. Use iphone picture stick, The Password & Touch ID can encrypt file information in APP to protect your private files. photostick mobile for iphone backed by a 5-year limited warranty
- Super-fast transfer speeds with up to 100MB/Sec
- Enabled for USB 3.0, this fast drive lets you transfer and store large files up to ten times faster than USB 2.0 drives.USB 3.0 enabled (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Includes Rescue PRO Deluxe file recovery software (one-year subscription offer)
- SUPER SAVER PACK - Includes 5 units of 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive packed in a compact and eco-friendly box
- LED INDICATOR DESIGN - The bottom of the usb drive has one red LED light.
- 360 TWIST AND TURN DESIGN - The Metal Clip rotates 360 around the ABS plastic body having a rubber oil finish. The Metal Clip is integrated with a key chain loop which helps you to protect your drive from getting lost.
- USAGE - Fast data transmission allows you to store all your important documents, images, videos, software, instruction manuals etc. in the thumb drive which will be available on the go and can be accessed from any device with USB slot.
- COMPATIBILTY AND INTERFACE - Supports almost all operating systems including Windows Windows 2000/7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/ME, Linux and MacOs 10.3 and above. No need to install any additional drivers to use to the flash drive. Compatible with USB 2.0 and backwards.
- ✔【FAST FREE UP SPACE WITH 128GB EXTERNAL STOGRAE】-Just connect in the lightning Photo Stick, easily move photos, videos and other files off your iPhone or iPad and onto the flash drive, from the drive, you can also transfer these files into your Mac,PC or other devices.
- ✔【WATCH MOVIES DIRECTLY FROM THE PHOTO STICK】 -Connect and play,enjoy movies or musics stored in the flash drive when you are on trip or travel, most video formats are supported: (VIDEOS: AVI, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, RM, RMVB, TS, WMV, FLV, 3GP; AUDIOS:FLAC, APE, AAC, AIF, M4A, MP3, WAV)
- ✔【AUTOMATIC PHOTO or VEDIO BACKUP】 -Every time you connect the flash drive in, use "iDiskk Max" App camera to take photos/video ,which will be automatically stored into the flash drive.
- ✔【HIGH-SPEED TRANSFERS WITH USB 3.0】 -Mfi Certified flash drive guarantees fast and stable data transfers,one HD movies ( approx. 1GB) only needs about 20s.
- ✔【COMPATIBILITY & 12 MONTHS】 -iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone X, 5 5s 6 6+ 6s 6s+ se 7 7+; iPad (iOS 8.0 or higher), Computer OS Support Mac OS X v10.6+, Windows 7/8/10
- ~.~ 【APPLE CERTIFIED IPHONE FLASH DRIVE FASTLY FREE UP SPACE OF IPHONE IPAD WITH 128GB EXTERNAL STORAGE】~.~ If you have almost used up all space on your iPhone or iPad, this photo stick for iPhone helps alleviate being at full storage with 128GB. And iPhone usb for photos is also a great tool for traveling photographers editing on iPad. Using this iPhone memory product, there is no worries, no problems with the iPhone storage any more!
- ~.~ 【WATCH MOVIES VIEW PHOTOS PLAY MUSIC DIRECTLY FROM THE IPHONE FLASH DRIVE】~.~ Store your favorite videos, audios, music to this photo stick for iPhone, then plug and play seamlessly on your iPhone or iPad from the app any time any where. No need Internet or WiFi any more. This iPhone storage allows to play videos with many different formats. And the stored pictures by iPhone memory support different formats, too. Great way to store all your pictures and videos by this external iPhone storage
- ~.~【PHOTOS VIDEOS AND CONTACTS BACKUP EASILY STABLY AND FASTLY BY PHOTO STICK FOR IPHONE】~.~ I’m sure your photos and videos, contacts are precious to you, and as such this iPhone memory will be essential to back them up.The APP of this iPhone storage is easy to install and easy to use. This iPhone usb for photos is easy to backup the photos, videos, contacts of your iPhone/iPad by One-Click from the APP, you can also store your own backup on your computer with the USB side for Double Insurance.
- ~.~【HIGH-SPEED TRANSMISSION WITH USB 3.0 PHOTO STICK FOR IPHONE】~.~ With the Apple certified quality and USB 3.0 Port, the iPhone storage has high speed and stability to transfer large size files. Transfer Speed of USB Flash Drive for iPhone: USB 3.0 Port, read 80MB/s, write 40MB/s; Lightning Port: read 15MB/s, write 10MB/s. Maybe your capacity is sufficient but a larger capacity with the iPhone memory would be much more nice and convenient.
- ~.~【COMPATIBILITY & 18 MONTHS WARRANTY OF THE iPHONE MEMORY】~.~Photo stick for iPhone supports all Apple devices with Lightning Port: iPhone XR, iPhone Xs, Xs Max, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S, 6S Plus, 6 Plus, 6, SE, 5S, 5C, 5, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air series, iPad Pro series(NOTE: the latest version of 12.9 inch and 11 inch iPad Pro with type-c port not supported), iPod, Macbook, PC & laptops. With our iPhone storage, you can have 18 MONTHS WARRANTY AND 24 HOURS ONLINE AFTER-SALES SERVICE.
- Compatible Devices: Television;Tablet;Laptop
- A compact, plug-and-stay, high-speed USB 3.1 flash drive that's ideal for adding more storage to laptops, game consoles, in-car audio and more
- Simple, fast way to add up to 256GB of storage to your device
- Read speeds up to 130MB/s1. Drive comes with a Rescue PRO Deluxe data recovery software
- Write up to 15X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives 1. Operating Temperature: 0 Celsius to 35 Celsius
- Move a full-length movie to the drive in less than 30 seconds; Storage Temp: -10 Celsius to 70 Celsius
- Reliable storage for photos, videos, music and other files
- Transfer with confidence when moving images and other content
- Retractable design keeps the connector safe
- SanDisk Secure Access software with 128 bit AES encryption and password protection
- Compatibility USB 2.0
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API