NHTSA ID Number: 10188201
Manufacturer Communication Number: 05-84-21
39 Affected Products
|APPLICABILITY:||2015-21MY Legacy and Outback|
2015-20MY WRX and WRX STI
|SUBJECT:||Front Wheel Hub Assembly- Design Change|
This bulletin announces availability of new front wheel hub assemblies incorporating bearing surfaces having increased resistance to imperfections resulting from shock loads. Excessive shock loads can occur when hitting a significant imperfection in the road surface (e.g. large pothole or expansion joint). If the bearing surface is affected, a growling -type sound may become audible when the vehicle is in motion.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
The new hub assemblies were incorporated into production starting with the table below:
|WRX / STI||L9827031|
|HUB COMPLETEFRONT AXLE||28373VC000||SBR (Japan) Built Models|
|28373AN00A||SIA (U.S.) Built Models|
REMINDER: Always order the most up-to-date replacement parts for the specific VIN being repaired.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
REMINDER: Customer satisfaction and retention starts with performing quality repairs.
The service procedures for front wheel hub / bearing assembly replacement remain unchanged. Always refer to the applicable Service Manual and review the full requirements of the repair being performed. The Service Manual procedures contain information critical to performing an effective repair the first time, every time. This includes but is not limited to important SAFETY precautions, proper inspection criteria, necessary special tools, required processes and related one-time-use parts needed for a complete and lasting repair.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited or Powertrain Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Powertrain, Classic or Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|Labor Description||Labor Operation #||Labor Time||Fail Code|
|LH FRONT HUB / BEARING UNIT R&R**||A611-187||0.8||NCB-25|
|RH FRONT HUB / BEARING UNIT R&R**||A611-188||0.8||NCA-25|
|BOTH FRONT HUB / BEARING UNITS R&R**||A611-189||1.2||NAW-25|
**INCLUDES noise testing
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
1 Associated Document
- NO SHOP PRESS NEEDED: The OEMTOOLS 37342 Master Wheel Hub and Bearing Remover and Installer Kit saves time removing even seized-up wheel hub and bearing assemblies, and allows mechanics to install inner wheel bearings without a shop press
- FOR PROFESSIONAL AND DIY MECHANICS: This wheel bearing puller/installer is one of the only tools for servicing front and rear wheel hubs and bearing on German cars, and makes installing wheel hubs and bearings on most vehicles much easier
- UNIVERSAL APPLICATION: This wheel bearing removal tool features all the adapters needed to service a number of foreign and domestic vehicles, remove and replace wheel hub and bearing assemblies, and internal wheel bearings—BMW, Porsche, VW, and more
- SLIDE-HAMMER-FREE REMOVAL: This wheel bearing tool and hub press makes it simple to remove and install wheel hub and bearing assemblies as well as inner bearings without the use of a hammer or a shop press; Widely compatible wheel bearing tool kit
- WHEEL HUB PULLER KIT INCLUDES: Hub removal tool, Front wheel bearing adapters, Pusher Washers, Receiver Sleeves, Nut-Bolt, and Heavy Duty Bearing
- VERSATILE PULLER SET: The OMT 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set with 4 lb slide hammer is ideal for a variety of pulling applications, including flange-type rear axles, most front-wheel-drive hubs, pulling dents, and other press-fit parts (bearings, bushings, gears, pulleys, etc.).
- INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JAWS: Includes 2-jaw and 3-jaw pullers for internal and external work to provide a variety of combinations to pull bearing, gears, and seals. 2 and 3-way cross blocks and cone-type puller provide the perfect jaw configuration for most jobs.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY: Built to last with rugged carbon steel alloy and chrome vanadium steel components, our tool kit can withstand accidental drops and years of heavy use without cracking or rusting.
- INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED: To help novice DIYers get the job done right, we've included a detailed parts diagram and step-by-step instructions to simplify tough jobs like the piston wind-back process.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: In order to provide a worry-free shopping experience, we promise a 1-year warranty and 100% free exchange if the product is defective. Includes a protective carrying case to extend the life of your tools.
- NO SHOP PRESS NEEDED: Remove the need for a shop press with our wheel hub bearing press tool; Save time removing even seized-up wheel hub and bearing assemblies; Our bearing press kit allows mechanics to install wheel bearings without a shop press
- FOR PRO AND DIY MECHANICS: This wheel bearing puller/installer is one of the only tools for servicing front and rear wheel hubs and bearing on German cars; Install wheel hubs and bearings on most vehicles easily with our wheel bearing press kit
- TIME-SAVING BEARING TOOL: No need to remove the strut assembly or knuckle to remove/install the hub and bearing; Our hub puller tool removes/installs hubs safely from the knuckle; Wheel bearing removal kit removes the need for an alignment after use
- VARIETY OF ADAPTERS: Service your vehicles easily with our rear and front wheel bearing removal kit; This wheel bearing removal tool features all the adapters needed to service a number of foreign and domestic vehicles—BMW, Porsche, VW, and more
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Our rear and front wheel drive bearing adapter kit's steel design holds up to the torque required to remove hubs and bearings; The wheel bearing tool removes hubs and bearings without damaging your vehicle's parts
- The ATPEAM Axle Remover & Front Wheel Puller Hub Grappler Tool makes for easy brake and bearing maintenance
- Compatible fit on domestic and import vehicles with independent front wheel suspension; Use on any vehicle with studs that are inside the drum and has a tapered axle and 4-6 lugs
- Heated pressure screw holds up to tough use; Drive center hole for the wheel studs and are constructed from heat-treated alloy steel that is drop forged for maximum strength and longevity that resists rust and corrosion
- Use this hub grappler on 4, 5, or 6 bolt stud design and all non-C lock GM axles
- Yoke and bolt are threaded 5/8-inch x 18 inches to best suit most vehicle applications
- EASY OPERATION: Includes everything you need for efficient replacement of small and large wheel bearings on front and rear wheel hubs, pinions, and axle drive shafts on most vehicles. Includes an extra 2-jaw puller (L-leg puller) for working with gears, pulleys, and fly-wheels.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Includes heavy-duty, drop-forged 2” & 3” bar-type bearing splitters and 4” & 5” long hex push-puller legs so you can safely remove large or small bearings on front and rear wheel hub axle shafts without the hassle.
- HEAVY-DUTY DURABILITY: Built with rugged drop-forged construction and heat-treated to withstand rigorous jobs, this bearing puller set is proven dependable for the long haul.
- PROTECTIVE CARRYING CASE: Includes a custom-made ABS tool case with precision-sized slots for each component. It keeps your gear organized while extending the life of your tools.
- ALL-IN-ONE TOOL KIT: Includes 14-piece bar-type gear and axle bearing separator, 4-piece 4” (10cm), 4-piece 5” (12.7cm) hex push-puller legs, 1-piece 2” (5cm) and 1-piece 3” (7.6cm) bearing separator jaws or splitters, 2-piece L-type legs, 1-piece 5” (12.7) puller crossbar with 1-piece 6-1/4” (15.9cm) forcing screw.
- Ideal for internal and external pulling on bearing cups, stubborn oil seals, Bushings, and many press fitted parts.
- Features: Internal and External Three Leg and Two Leg jaw puller yokes.
- 5lb. Slide Hammer, 425mm long, 5/8"UNF thread
- Front Hub puller, Rear Axle puller, Locknut Cone
- Dent puller screws (large and small), Supplied in blow mold storage case.
- package Dimensions: 10.795 cms (L) x 17.805 cms (W) x 27.406 cms (H)
- Package Quantity: 1
- Product Type: Auto Accessory
- Country Of Origin: China
- Use with impact wrench to remove hubs, drums and brake rotors (dics)
- Durable 8.5 ton rated forged design, made from same alloy used on Astro's famous ball joint presses
- Use with 1-1/4" socket and 1-1/4" or 32mm wrench
- Drum & Rotor pulling arms include raised stops for use with ratchet straps (not included) for especially difficult applications
- Includes three different hub adapters to fit all types of hub sizes, arms spread up to 14” wide
- ALL-IN-ONE TOOL KIT: Everything you need for fast & effective front-wheel drive bearing removal and installation. Easily replaces wheel bearings while keeping the steering knuckle and strut assembled on the vehicle.
- INCREASE EFFICIENCY: Designed to work with the steering knuckle and strut assembly still on the vehicle, eliminating the need for front end alignment after service while reducing damage to the hub and bearings.
- ULTRA-DURABLE: Heavy-duty carbon steel construction with black anodic oxidation coating for ultimate rust-resistant performance.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with front-wheel drive hub bearing assembly parts on most front-wheel-drive American domestic and imported cars and small pickup trucks.
- PORTABLE CARRY CASE: Packed in a custom carry case with precision-sized storage slots for each component, made of premium ABS to protect and extend the life of your tools.
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API