|APPLICABILITY:||2015-16MY Legacy and Outback|
|2013-16MY XV Crosstrek|
|2015-16MY WRX and STI|
|SUBJECT:||Door Mirror Loose, Vibrating|
Should you receive a customer concern of vibration or looseness in either of the door mirrors, a design change has been made to the 3 mirror head mounting holes in the mounting base. In addition, a new retaining bolt and tightening torque specification are now used to secure the mirror head to the mounting base. This bulletin provides a procedure for repairing the existing mirror assembly by replacing the three mounting screws with updated fasteners.
NOTE: Refer to TSB 12-152-13 dated 6/17/2013 for related information on BRZ models.
|PART NAME||NEW PART NUMBER||DESCRIPTION|
|Mirror Bolt Flange||91032CA000||Mounting Screw (qty. 3 required) per mirror|
Loctite #243 (BLUE) medium-strength thread locker
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
NOTE: This service procedure applies to mirror heads secured to their mounting base with Phillips-head screws ONLY. If you find the new hex-head bolts are already in place, diagnose the cause of the loose mirror head and repair or replace accordingly.
- Follow the procedure outlined in the applicable Service Manual for replacing the mirror assembly.
- After removing the mirror assembly, remove the 3 Phillips screws which hold the mirror head to the base as indicated in the photo below.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damaging the Phillips drive portion of the screws by using No. 2 size Phillips screw driver. They are installed with a thread locking compound and may require some extra force to remove.
- Apply thread locking compound to the bolt threads as shown above. Follow the instructions on the packaging for proper curing time.
- Install and torque the 3 mounting bolts to 4 Nm, (35.4 inch-pounds).
- Reinstall the mirror assembly in the reverse order of removal.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION
|One Door Mirror Assembly Repair||A916-123||XBE-48||0.4|
|Both Door Mirror Assemblies Repair||A916-124||0.7|
NOTE: Up to $1.00 can be claimed in Sublet for thread locking compound.
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.