|SUBJECT:||Design Changes to Rear Spoiler and Rear Gate|
|PART NAME||NEW PART||OLD PART||NOTES|
|SPOILER ASSY ROOF||96031AL01B##||96031AL01A##|
|PANEL COMPL R GATE||60809AL00B9P||60809AL00A9P||w/o PRG|
|GROMMET SHEET D30||909230046||–||Qty. 2 req’d.|
|## is replaced by the applicable color code|
|PRG (Power Rear Gate)|
The photo below shows the underside of the spoiler (“Old”-style) with 7 mounting clips. The 2 clips circled in green must be removed to utilize an “Old”-style spoiler on a “New”-style gate panel which does not have holes for them.
- When using a “New”-style spoiler (5 retaining clips) on an “Old”-style rear gate panel, the two holes in the rear gate panel intended to receive the clips circled in green in the photo above must be sealed using 2 of the self-adhesive Grommet Sheets listed in the parts table.
- When using an “Old” -style spoiler (7 retaining clips) on a “New”-style rear gate panel, the clips circled in green in the photo above must be removed as there are no holes in the new gate panel to receive them.
NOTE: It is not necessary to seal the 2 holes left in the spoiler after removing the clips.
- A “New”-style spoiler (5 clips) on a “New”-style rear gate panel is a direct fit.
- An “Old”-style spoiler (7 clips) on an “Old”-style rear gate panel is a direct fit.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
Follow the service procedure in the applicable Service Manual for removal and installation of the spoiler. IMPORTANT: Before final spoiler installation, confirm all the retaining clip seals (grommets) are in place to prevent any water seepage into the rear gate. Torque the retaining nuts to 7.5Nm (5.5 ft. lbs.).
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.