|SUBJECT:||Uneven Gap between “A” Pillar Trim and Speaker Grille|
COUNTERMEASURE IN PRODUCTION
A revised production standard was initiated starting with VIN E*423737.
|PART NAME||PART NUMBER||QUANTITY|
|Seal GLS RG E (Foam Tape)||63249FG010||1 per side|
|Tether Clip (replace only if damaged)||909150040|
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
- Using a plastic trim tool, CAREFULLY pry loose and remove the speaker grille from the dash as shown in the photo below.
- Release the “A” pillar trim as shown in the illustration below and following the procedure in the applicable Service Manual. Be careful not to damage the tether clip. If the tether clip becomes damaged during the “A” pillar trim removal, it must be replaced. The tether clip can remain attached as the trim piece does not need to be fully removed.
- Cut the foam tape to size: 23 mm wide x 30 mm long.
- Install the foam tape at the front edge of the insertion claw hole as shown in the close-up photo below, right.
- Once the foam tape is in place, install the “A” pillar trim then install the speaker grille. Confirm the uneven gap has been eliminated. Another layer of foam tape or re-positioning of the first layer may be required to achieve the desired result.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION
|LABOR DESCRIPTION||LABOR OPERATION #||FAIL|
|"A" Pillar Modification||A913-171||YCJ-48||0.2|