|APPLICABILITY:||2016MY WRX Models with EyeSight|
|SUBJECT:||Reprogramming for Vehicle Information Registration Menu Display|
This bulletin announces the availability of reprogramming files for the EyeSight system to provide proper function of the Vehicle Information Registration menu. In rare cases, when attempting to perform the Camera Initialization procedure after repair or replacement, it cannot be completed because the required Vehicle information Registration menu cannot be displayed.
PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION:
The new logic was incorporated into production June 18, 2015 on VIN G*808423.
PACK FILE APPLICABILITY
|MODEL YEAR/ MODEL||NEW PART
|OLD PART NUMBERS||TARGET
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
- Connect the SSMIV / DST-i and follow the steps as shown in the screen shots shown below:
- After installation of the proper reprogramming file(s) is complete, go back to Step 1, proceed through to Step 5 and confirm after clicking on “Utility”, both the Selection of Parameter and Confirm on Parameter appear under Work Support.
- After confirmation, proceed to Step 6 and Step 7 to verify the Control Software Version has been updated successfully (000063B1) to complete the procedure.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by a Subaru Added Security Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|LABOR DESCRIPTION||LABOR OPERATION #||FAIL
|EYESIGHT SYSTEM REPROGRAMMING||A067-728||ZQW-48||0.4|
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
What J2534 reprogramming capabilities are available?
(4a) J2534 Reprogramming
Subaru reprogramming files using a generic (non-OEM) SAEJ2534 pass-thru vehicle programming device are available by contacting Service Technical Information Company toll free at 1-866-428-2278. The cost for the CD-ROM with all reprogramming files is $75.00 plus S/H and applicable state tax. Files will be updated four (4) times per year, in CD-ROM format, with all available reprogramming service information at the same above offered cost. Authorized Subaru Dealers are provided the same reprogramming information.
Before purchasing, the reprogramming details can be found in the following Reprogramming J-2534 Files chart. Click the link to view the PDF chart.
Subaru J2534 Reprogramming software meets the latest available J2534-1 specification. Our Reprogramming J2534 Files chart does not specify the Calibration Identification Number (CID); however, this information is included in our offered CD-Rom.
Note: The ECM or TCM being reprogrammed may already contain some or all of the reprogramming files listed in the Reprogramming J2534 Files chart shown by release date. It is possible to damage the vehicles ECM/TCMduring the reprogramming event. Once the reprogramming process has started, it is recommended not to interrupt the process until the event is completed. If you experience any problems, please contact your scan tool maker for further instructions.
No. Subaru has no reprogramming capability for model years 1996-1998. Starting with our 1999 model year, please see our Reprogramming Pre-J2534 Files chart for affected model reprogramming information.