|SUBJECT:||Rattling Sound from Seat Belt Buckle|
This bulletin provides a repair procedure to address customer concerns of a rattling sound coming from the point where the seat belt buckle is attached to the seat frame. The sound may be heard from either seat on acceleration, deceleration or going over bumps. The sound is more prevalent when the seat belt is buckled but in rare cases, can occur when the belt is unbuckled. The service procedure involves removal of a toothed washer and replacing it with a spring wave washer.
COUNTERMEASURE IN PRODUCTION
The new spring wave washer was incorporated into production during August, 2013 starting with VIN E*600716.
The new spring wave washer is available by ordering part number 64168CA200.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
After confirming the condition, remove affected seat assembly from the vehicle following the procedure in the applicable Service Manual.
- Remove the buckle assembly from the seat then remove the toothed washer from the shouldered mounting stud. Photos of the new spring wave washer and the old toothed washer are provided for reference below.
|NEW p.n. 64168CA200, Spring Wave Washer||OLD toothed washer|
- Put the new spring wave washer onto the shoulder of the mounting stud in place of the removed toothed washer.
- Re-install the buckle assembly onto the mounting stud making sure the spring wave washer stays on the shoulder properly as shown in the photo below, left. The photo below, right shows the spring wave washer unseated from the mounting stud shoulder.
- Install the retaining nut and torque to 42 +/- 8.4 Nm (31 +/- 6.2 ft. lbs.).
- Reinstall the seat assembly.
- Road test the vehicle to confirm the rattling sound has been repaired.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period, this repair may be claimed using the following information:
|LABOR DESCRIPTION||LABOR OPERATION #||FAIL
|Front Seat Belt Inner Assembly ONE R&R||A913-733||YFQ-48||0.3|
|Front Seat Belt Inner Assembly BOTH R&R||A913-734||0.5|