|APPLICABILITY:||2015-16MY XV Crosstrek Models with Accessory Rear Splash Guard Kit|
|SUBJECT:||Corrosion of Attachment Hardware|
This bulletin announces availability of a replacement attachment hardware kit for the rear splash guards to address customer concerns of poor appearance due to corrosion and / or rusting.
Examples of the condition are shown in the photos below.
The part number for the replacement hardware kit (2 screws and 2 washers) is: SOA008W001. The new screw and washer will have a glossy black finish as opposed to the original parts which have a more flat or “matte” appearing finish. In the rare case where a replacement “J-Nut” is required, hardware kit, P.N. J101CFJ258 must be ordered.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION
- Remove the affected screw and washer “set” (one per splash guard).
- Remove any residual rust staining from the splash guard with a mild solvent or all-purpose cleaner on a clean shop cloth.
- Install the new kit parts. Assure the splash guard remains in place and tight to the vehicle by holding it upward with a slight inward pressure to avoid any gapping. The splash guard installation photos below show a proper fit and for comparison, an improper fit with excessive gapping.
- Torque the retaining screw to 16-19.5 inch-pounds.
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|LABOR DESCRIPTION||LABOR OPERATION #||FAIL
|XV CROSSTREK REAR SPLASH GUARD HARDWARE REPLACEMENT||A064-606||ZQX-50||0.3|
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.