NHTSA ID Number: 10168565
Manufacturer Communication Number: 15-227-18R
This bulletin provides troubleshooting steps to follow when diagnosing customer concerns of the Navigation system’s functionality. Please start by completing the Harman Investigation Guide Questionnaire as it gathers important details which will help with diagnosis and will be required should the condition not be resolved by this troubleshooting. While completing the questionnaire, follow the question flow based on the customer concern.
22 Affected Products
This bulletin provides troubleshooting steps to follow when diagnosing customer concerns of the Navigation system’s functionality. Please start by completing the Harman Investigation Guide Questionnaire as it gathers important details which will help with diagnosis and will be required should the condition not be resolved by this troubleshooting. While completing the questionnaire, follow the question flow based on the customer concern. Answer each related question noting the results to each in detail while performing the diagnostics. Review the entire bulletin before beginning in order to understand the flow for the listed concern. If the customer’s concern is not listed, check the Service Manual “Infotainment (Diagnostics) – Diagnostics with Phenomena” section as a starting point.
SERVICE PROCEDURE / INFORMATION:
REMINDER: Customer satisfaction and retention starts with performing quality repairs.
1) Always confirm the condition as reported by the customer.
a. For issues with GPS system accuracy, please follow steps (i-vii) below. If not, skip this section and move on to (b).
i. Can the concern be duplicated? If so, please provide the steps necessary to reproduce and if possible, a video showing the steps and concern.
ii. Is the concern observed in a specific location?
iii. If GPS accuracy is always poor regardless of route, open the Navi System Sensor screen. To access, press and hold the Home button and press the Tune knob 6 times, then release the home button. In the dealer menu, select: “Function check” > “Navi System Sensor” (See screenshot to the right).
iv. Confirm the system has acquired satellite signals as indicated by the “# of Receptions” field. Yellow markers indicate the number of satellites acquired. If possible capture a picture of this screen as well.
v. If no signal is observed (no yellow markers), ensure the vehicle is parked in an area with access to clear sky. If the vehicle still does not have a signal, investigate GPS antenna. Confirm the GPS antenna is connected and fully seated into the grey (fakra) connector on head unit and there is no damage to the cable or antenna.
vii. If the component swap addressed the concern, request an exchange unit.
IMPORTANT CAUTION: Always disconnect the Telematics Data Communication Module (DCM) BEFORE any swapping of head units. DCMs must NEVER be swapped or the customer’s services will not function and DCM replacement may be required to resolve.
b. For issues with search results or Point of Interest (POI) list entries, please follow (i-ii) below. If not, skip this section and move on to (c).
i. Can the concern be duplicated? If so, please provide steps required to reproduce it and if possible, a video showing the steps and concern. Please note the address or search result(s) for when the concern occurs.
ii. Please note the Software Version and the Database version. This is found under Settings > General > System Information. (See below for an example of the System Information screen with the Software and Navigation Database Version displayed.)
i. See the image below for Connection verification testing.
2) If the above steps do not resolve the customer’s NAVI/GPS related concerns, complete a fresh Harman Investigation Guide Questionnaire documenting the customer’s concern and the results of each diagnostic step in this bulletin. If possible, capture a video of the condition then contact the SOA Techline to review the next steps. Techline will request the completed questionnaire, step-by-step bulletin test results and any videos of the condition.
APPLICABILITY: 2017-20MY Impreza
2018-19MY Legacy and Outback
2019-20MY WRX and WRX STI
SUBJECT: Harman Audio / Infotainment: Troubleshooting
Navigation System Functionality Concerns
WARRANTY / CLAIM INFORMATION:
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Gold plan, this repair may be submitted using the following claim information:
|Labor Description||Labor Operation #||Labor|
|HARMAN NAVIGATION TROUBLESHOOTING||A031-181||0.5||ZRO-43|
- SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
- Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
- Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.
- 1.Operation System: ONLY fit for Subaru WRX Forester 2016 2017 2018 with Silver Matte Surrounds of the air vents & Without harmon kardon sound syste. Android 10.0 Oreo OS, enlarged room with 4GB RAM+32GB ROM, Rock Chip PX5, Octa-Core 64Bit CPU Processor ensure faster speed and more fluent experience.
- 3.Audio-visual Functions: Giant 9 inch display with 1024*600 high resolution. EQ Settings with the 9-band graphic equalizer, NXP6686 radio chip and TDA7850L Amplifier chip equipped, which could provide you the best sound quality. Max Audio output: 4*50W max.
- 4.Compatible Functions: Support Google Play and multiple languages. Support steering wheel control and Rear view Reverse Camera with RCA connector. Support mirroring Link for iphone Airplay and android phone easy-connect. Support subwoofer output and Bluetooth for hand free call and music. It equipped with external microphone, build In wifi, USB ports, On/off line maps and dual satellite positioning system. Optional function are 3G/4G dongle, TV turner and DVR device.
- 5.What You Get: Free 8G memory card. ISO cable is included. GPS Map installed in advance. Friendly customer service, lifetime software update.
- 【SIZE】For 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Subaru Outback 8-Inch 175*99mm ONLY.
- 【ULTRA-THIN, HIGH DEFINITION, HIGH SENSITIVE TOUCH FEELING】0.26mm thickness, 99% color reproduction. Restoring the original color, to bring a clear and smooth navigation using experience.
- 【9H HARDNESS AND SAFETY】①Made from tempered glass and OCA optical adhesive, which even it broken, will remain blocky. ②9H Hardness, Anti-scratches, effectively resist the collision of hard objects and daily friction. ③Waterproof, oil-proof, reduce fingerprints. ④ANTI-GLARE, protect your eyes from blue-ray.
- 【AUTOMATIC ADSORPTION, EASY TO INSTALL】As long as it is aligned with the four corners and then placed flat, this protective film will automatically absorb. NO worry about getting bubbles out.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDES】Navigation Screen Protector x 1, Installation Auxiliary Tools x 1 (Micro-Fiber Cleaning Cloth, Alcohol Prep Pad, Dust Removal Stickers, Plastic Sucker)
- High Quality Anti Glare and Anti Finger Print Screen Protector from Japan (3 Pack)
- Installation kit (Cleaning Cloth, Dust remover and Plastic Squeegee Card) is included
- This Universal Car Screen Protector needs to be trimmed to fit your car's navigation system
- Screen Protector Sheet Dimensions: 8 x 7 inches
- Online Video Tutorial will Guide you through the installation process
- Plug and Play * Come with well connected harness, fit car radio for 2008-2012 Forester/2008-2011 Impreza. The lastest version Android 10.0 Operating System, Rockchip RK3399 PX6 Hexa-Core CPU processor with 4G RAM and 64G ROM, the performance will be more stability, giving you more faster running speed and respond experience.
- Multi Functions* Support Carplay and Android auto bring much fun and convenience same as you use a cellphone, easy access to Internet for 3G/4G Network and WiFi, Offline map (it already built-in) ensure you never get lost when weak signal outdoors, it also support Online map(Google map,waze etc). Steering Wheel Controls(No need for Romote Steering wheel controller) and hands-free phone call for safety driving. HDMI output support car headrest monitor.
- Better Display* 2.5D Glass(widely used for many cellphone on the market) , IPS Mulit-Touch screen with 1280*720 high resolution display, bring you a visual clearly experience. Unique UI design, redefining the interactive interface, simplify operation process to enhances the reaction speed.
- Built in DSP* Amazing sound output, many users said it even beat factory sound. the Digital Sounds Processor with 15 bands EQ can be adjusted as your like and different default styles optional(Flat, Rock,Pop Jazz, Classic ), Built-in Amplifier 4*50W, you can enjoy a new auditory. 6-channel Audio output converters, support subwoofer output.
- Customer Service* One year maintenance provided, lifetime tech support, please feel free to contact us, we strive to provide the best products along with superb customer service. We offer a broad range of stereo products, please check out our store.
- High Definition: Screen protector has a light transmittance of up to 98%, does not affect the visual clarity and screen operation sensitivity
- Tactile Silky Slippage: Screen protector is very thin and transparent, super touch sensitivity, light and thin, smooth and sensitive to touch
- Automatic Adsorption:More beautiful than plastic film, generous, high hardness, easy to fit, just wipe the touch screen after automatic exhaust
- Touch Sensitive: The surface is made of high-resolution nano-coating, which has a smooth touch and sensitive touch. If you touch the original screen, it will not affect use navigation screen
- Easy to install: Easy to put on and It looks like it came with the car, package included 1 x navigation screen protector, 1 x installation auxiliary tools
Last update on 2021-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API